11-21-2016, 09:49 PM
User Info
Have you ever wanted to transplant a particular scent into one of your favorite soap bases? E.G., I love Catie's Bubbles Spanish holiday - but I'd rather have that scent coupled with the performance of Mike's or CRSW. I absolutely adore the scent of through the fire fine craft's hair conditioner bar (Lavender, Rosemary, Ylang Ylang, Orange, Lemon, and Lime) - and would love to have that as a shave soap in CRSW or Mike's base.

What do you wish were available in scent & soap base?

26 984
 11-21-2016, 10:01 PM
User Info
(11-21-2016, 09:49 PM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: Have you ever wanted to transplant a particular scent into one of your favorite soap bases? E.G., I love Catie's Bubbles Spanish holiday - but I'd rather have that scent coupled with the performance of Mike's or CRSW. I absolutely adore the scent of through the fire fine craft's hair conditioner bar (Lavender, Rosemary, Ylang Ylang, Orange, Lemon, and Lime) - and would love to have that as a shave soap in CRSW or Mike's base.

What do you wish were available in scent & soap base?

Just curious, what does your CB SH smells to you? Not sure if something is wrong with mine but my CB Spanish Holiday smells like detergent. It's not unpleasant but I was surprised that this was the scent I got.

As for the question.. hmmm AdP scent in Nuavia. I want the scent of AdP but with the robustness and staying power of Nuavia. I am set with my Nuavia's and probably done with purchasing anymore but if they released something like this.

I.. I have no choice.

10 1,128
 11-22-2016, 02:22 AM
User Info
Well, I guess it can't hurt to dream! I'd go for Penhaligon's English Fern and Blenheim Bouquet in either Mike's or Mystic Waters soap base. Two of the greatest scents ever in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

73 2,196
 11-22-2016, 06:39 AM
User Info
I'd love to have Penhaligon's Castile in Dr. Jon's soap base.

2 1,390
 11-22-2016, 08:08 AM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
(11-22-2016, 02:22 AM)merkur man Wrote: Well, I guess it can't hurt to dream! I'd go for Penhaligon's English Fern and Blenheim Bouquet in either Mike's or Mystic Waters soap base. Two of the greatest scents ever in my opinion.

If we didn't dream, we'd still be living in caves. Smile
I love your scent choices, they would probably be my top 2 scents, also.
Others to consider:
-AdP Colonia Essenza
-Armani Eau pour Homme (I heard the new formula is not a good copy of the old one that im referring to, which is a defining Italian colonia).

And of course, I would go for it in Valobra tallow soap base and AdP (current jar) cream base.

57 2,545
 11-22-2016, 08:12 AM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
Duplicate

57 2,545
 11-22-2016, 11:01 AM
User Info
Funny, but I have never had this desire as I absolutely appreciate and enjoy the soaps that I have as they are. Shy

82 21,056
 11-22-2016, 11:41 AM
User Info
(11-22-2016, 08:08 AM)Nero Wrote:
(11-22-2016, 02:22 AM)merkur man Wrote: Well, I guess it can't hurt to dream! I'd go for Penhaligon's English Fern and Blenheim Bouquet in either Mike's or Mystic Waters soap base.  Two of the greatest scents ever in my opinion.  

Others to consider:
-AdP Colonia Essenza
-Armani Eau pour Homme (I heard the new formula is not a good copy of the old one that im referring to, which is a defining Italian colonia).

And of course, I would go for it in Valobra tallow soap base and AdP (current jar) cream base.

An excellent choice for base as well. You're right though, these two are just marvelous scents.

73 2,196
 11-22-2016, 01:40 PM
User Info
(11-22-2016, 02:22 AM)merkur man Wrote: Well, I guess it can't hurt to dream! I'd go for Penhaligon's English Fern and Blenheim Bouquet in either Mike's or Mystic Waters soap base.  Two of the greatest scents ever in my opinion.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been using Wickham Soap Co. Irish Fern for the last few days and it's not far off from the English Fern soap.

It's not tallow, but if I didn't read vegetal on the label I might not be able to tell.

It's slightly different, but the lather has impressed me. A bit tacky at times but I have been trying to dial the water up.

For me, I would like B&M Beaudelaire in a harder soap puck. Something triple milled. That and Cologne Russe. I really like the two but am not thrilled with how quickly the tubs go for me. They seem awfully soft and fleeting for the price. I know that I am a very heavy handed lathered though. 

7 1,314
 11-22-2016, 03:50 PM
User Info
I've heard of folks mixing different soaps, either by mixing soft soaps, or by lathering one and then the other.  Probably not as good as a "scent transplant," but maybe something to try.

0 1,053
 11-22-2016, 03:59 PM
User Info
If I could get the scent of Old Spice in a soap such as Vintage AOS tallow or Vintage Williams, I would be a happy camper.  Biggrin

39 3,875
 11-22-2016, 05:58 PM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
(11-22-2016, 11:41 AM)merkur man Wrote:
(11-22-2016, 08:08 AM)Nero Wrote:

Others to consider:
-AdP Colonia Essenza

An excellent choice for base as well. You're right though, these two are just marvelous scents.

Thanks Nathan! Yes the scents are perennial favorites, so no risk of being fad.

57 2,545
 11-22-2016, 08:10 PM
User Info
All three of MdC's scents, in a CRSW Select base, would be a wet dream. (Perhaps I'm a little too obsessed with shaving soaps?)

Mike's Hungarian Lavender would be great as a CRSW soap, as well.

3 196