11-24-2016, 08:44 AM
User Info
Has anyone tried this soap? Is it excellent, good, ok,...? The Cypress and Spice scent sounds interesting to me, but would like some feedback on the performance of these soaps before I pull the trigger.

Thanks

1 309
 11-24-2016, 09:19 AM
User Info
I am currently using the Orange Blossom soap from this maker (vegan formulation) in my regular line-up.  I love this soap.  Lathers up easily.  Plenty slick, good cushion.  Good face feel after the shave.  Nice scent and plenty of scent strength.  It is also pretty economical, and I have been using it pretty steadily since I got it last year in November and I'm probably only about halfway through the puck. 

In my experience, the vegan version is actually better than the tallow version, but both are good soaps.  I wouldn't hesitate to purchase if I were you.

2 1,394
 11-24-2016, 08:06 PM
  • KRpdx
  • Portland, OR
User Info
I got a 4 oz. tub of Country Club's winter seasonal -- I think it was called Southern Comfort -- on clearance last spring for $4.99. Performance was excellent on all counts.

12 163
 11-24-2016, 08:17 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I have a couple of pucks from a year or so ago that are excellent performers. He recently moved, and no longer offers tallow soaps, nor does he have Orange Blossom which I was waiting for. I also picked up Southern Comfort on clearance, and love the scent, and also enjoy London Skies. His soaps used to be made with beer, and they were also quite good. I think you'd be pleased with the performance of his soaps.

38 5,034
 11-27-2016, 09:58 AM
User Info
I checked his website, and it appears that he still sells tallow formulation soap, although he has many more scent offerings in the vegan formula.  I don't know if he is phasing out his tallow soaps or not, but they are still available for sale.

2 1,394