11-27-2016, 04:37 PM
User Info
Been seeing a lot of them lately. Some called game changer or boss and others called black wolf or black wolf 2. Can someone provide some insight on these knots. Maybe compared to the plisson type knots. I'm looking for a new synth. I have the synth from lassco which is basically unusable for me but the knot in it is increvily soft and luxurious. I'm hoping that is what the boss or game changer knots are. Show some pics too. I love to see pics. Thanks in advance.

90 899
 11-27-2016, 04:43 PM
User Info
I think they are similar to the Muhle black fibre knot. That's my best guess. They have more backbone and don't fling lather like the other synthetic knots tend to.

33 507
 11-27-2016, 05:13 PM
User Info
I've used a 'Game Changer' knot, 24mm if I remember correctly. It had a little more backbone that the Plisson style knots do, it felt a little closer to natural as well. That was a while ago, I can't really elaborate too much more. 

Also, heads up there is a 30mm 'Tuxedo' forthcoming from a shop in etsy. Search those words and I should find it easily. He also has a faux horse hair (brownish), and what he calls 'Cashmere', which is a white knot. There are some reviews on YouTube, if you can't find them pm me and I'll send you links.

7 325
 11-27-2016, 06:11 PM
User Info
Brad, at Maggards, told me a few months ago he wasn't going to carry the black synthetic knots he uses. Thankfully he changed his mind. Black 22mm

Dan

3 13
 11-27-2016, 06:13 PM
User Info
I think there are least 2 different kinds of black knots. The tuxedo / wolf knot seem to be the same fiber (though that's not 100% confirmed) then there also seems to be the game changer your knots that I think are different. I think the games changer might be the same fiber as the so called boss knot. I have a black wolf, game changer, and just ordered another single tone black knot (looks like the games changer) to check it out. Next order will be from the fellow who sells the tuxedo knots.
All I can say is that the black wolf is my favorite synthetic so far.

3 337
 11-28-2016, 06:48 AM
  • Smudge
  • Hertfordshire UK
User Info
(11-27-2016, 06:13 PM)NickMach007 Wrote: I think there are least 2 different kinds of black knots. The tuxedo / wolf knot seem to be the same fiber (though that's not 100% confirmed) then there also seems to be the game changer your knots that I think are different. I think the games changer might be the same fiber as the so called boss knot. I have a black wolf, game changer, and just ordered another single tone black knot  (looks like the games changer) to check it out. Next order will be from the fellow who sells the tuxedo knots.
All I can say is that the black wolf is my favorite synthetic so far.

0 20
 11-28-2016, 06:53 AM
  • Smudge
  • Hertfordshire UK
User Info
There is also the Satin Tip synthetic, which imo is a superb brush, yet seems to get very little mention on any of the shaving forums. It has a rubberized handle and comes in black and white. Well worth a Google search.

0 20