03-27-2017, 09:54 AM
User Info
I have been using the Variant for a week now.  I really like the razor.  I bought the silver version.  

I've tried the settings on 3 to 6 (5+1).  I think 4.5 is my sweet spot.  I love being able to dial it down to 3 to touch up my neck afterwards.  I find the shave smooth and blade angle easy to work with.  

I like the Variant over the Gillette adjustables.  For one, I am not a fan of TTOs.  I think a TTO provides a lot of bulk and moving parts that are not necessary to me -- yes, I said that out loud.  I also like being able to adjust without loosening the TTO doors first.  I also appreciate the heavier weight of the Variant.

11 190
 04-14-2017, 08:49 AM
  • leonidas
  • Jerez de la Frontera
User Info
..i just purchased a Parker..........
..........took it for a couple of spins.........
............shaves well.........and i do like the 2 piece set up.........
.............not a bad deal for under $60...............

42 1,061
 04-14-2017, 04:37 PM
User Info
The Parker shaves really well at all of the adjustments. I like to start off around 4 and really mow it down and then turn it back to about 3. Even at 5 it feels aggressively comfortable. I'm able to shave pretty quick passes without any irritation. Very nice razor by Parker and at this price point compared to other razors in the adjustable category Parker deserves your first consideration if you are in the market for one. +1 for an affordable adjustable razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 23
 04-18-2017, 04:12 AM
User Info
1st shave today with my new Variant (2nd gen. grey handle).  Really nice shave on 3 with a Feather blade, although a little less blade feel than I like (3.5 on deck tomorrow).

Impressive build quality on this, only complaint is the handle is a bit long for my taste, expect I will adjust quickly.

52 1,166
 04-19-2017, 06:46 AM
User Info
(04-18-2017, 04:12 AM)david1201 Wrote: 1st shave today with my new Variant (2nd gen. grey handle).  Really nice shave on 3 with a Feather blade, although a little less blade feel than I like (3.5 on deck tomorrow).

Impressive build quality on this, only complaint is the handle is a bit long for my taste, expect I will adjust quickly.

Yes, it's a fine razor. I have both to be honest. No complaints at all with fit, finish and the quality of shave they provide. And for $57, a bargain in my eyes. Enjoy!

0 41