11-29-2016, 05:47 PM
  • JRRIII
  • Blossoming Addict
  • East Coast
User Info
I noticed in the "The Classics" thread that a surprising amount of gentleman listed Penhaligon aftershaves. Penhaligon's products in general (especially their aftershaves) have been whispering into my ear lately and that thread only made me more interested in them. I didn't want to hijack that tread so I figured I would ask my questions here. If some of you with experience with these aftershaves would tell me a little about them I would greatly appreciate it Cheers

-How is the post-shave feel? 

-How long does the fragrance last? (aftershaves in general seem to last on my skin longer than edt's)

-How is the overall performance? (is it worth the price?)

-Would you recommend them?

-Other than their website is there anywhere you would recommend me buy from if I decide to?

8 440
 11-29-2016, 05:59 PM
User Info
I've only used their balms and edt's. The scents are phenomenal and the balms perform extremely well.

28 779
 11-29-2016, 06:09 PM
User Info
I have Blenheim Bouquet in cologne and aftershave.

Aftershave is alcohol based. Not exactly nourishing or anything. Scent is heavy for 20 minutes and then dries down with plenty of stamina in the background all day. I can smell it on my colar in the evening tossing my shirt into the cleaners pile.

The cologne is pretty potent in my opinion. In that it never really goes away. It's a spray top and two pumps is more than plenty for me.

I don't know how much it costs. Both were birthday gifts.

Worth? Well, I like them. 
If I have to buy them at the retail price direct I've seen I'm not sure I'd replace the aftershave. The cologne I would. It's not something that I wear often but when I do women young and old alike compliment me on it. Never have that happen with anything else. Only Penhaligans. Older women say that it triggers some pleasant memory and younger ladies are intrigued. They aren't used to something smelling so natural and complex and so faint. You can see them sniff the air once or twice before asking me if it's me that smells so good.

9 1,407
 11-29-2016, 06:58 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I'm moving on from alcohol aftershaves for a better skin care regimen. I still use alcohol based EDT and Penhaligons is my current favorite. Their website shows current retail $128 up $3. It's expensive yes. But I feel it worth every penny with premium natural ingredients, superb packaging and a exaltation of scent choices. I would be very carefull with online discounters. I know some people have used a few with satisfaction. But a quick look on evilbay shows many negative feedbacks for blatently counterfeit goods. My expereince covers Blenhiem, almost a flagship scent with historical antecedents, if you care about antecedents; Penhaligons and OPUS 74. Blenhiem is a lovely floral. Opus is my morning scent, very restrained but garners compliments. Endymion is a high class answer to those countless dead whitetail buck gland, humpa humpa baby Musk scents and  more evening wear.

2 3,171
 11-29-2016, 10:56 PM
User Info
For an aftershave I would have a hard time paying the premium that Penhaligon's demands vs your everyday aftershaves. I think you could find a nice alternative as an aftershave (even with great skincare qualities), and then spring for the EDT where the scent should shine more.

5 85
 12-05-2016, 10:44 AM
  • JRRIII
  • Blossoming Addict
  • East Coast
User Info
Has Penhaligon's discontinued most of their aftershaves because I don't really see but one or two scents available anywhere?

8 440
 04-10-2017, 03:13 AM
User Info
I do not use after shaves for their scent, imo that is what edp are for.

I usually prefer a.s. balms to alcoholic a.s..

For Sartorial I use their balm, edt and soap and am very pleased with scent and skin care, this is a very good balm. Overall post shave skin feeling of this combo is very, very good.

[Image: 6f66f49ee00f85bcc1921423082d5714.jpg]

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

0 84
 04-10-2017, 03:18 AM
User Info
Unfortunately there is just As Sawira edp, no soap, balm, as, nothing else.
A very fine scent which works fine with Annemarie Börlind shave stuff (fully organic and performing nicely!).

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

0 84
 04-16-2017, 04:39 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
I only wish English Fern came in an aftershave. I have a small amount of the old, tallow shave soap and the EdT. It has elicited the most comments, extremely favorable and sometimes quite... mmm...personal? from women that I know and don't know of anything I've ever worn since, get this, the original Lagerfeld.

7 2,326