11-30-2016, 06:39 AM
User Info
I understand that soaps will lose their scent over time.  I am just curious if triple milled soaps hold their scents longer?

I have a couple of NOS Old Spice soaps in their original mugs in large Ziploc bags.  These still have the unmistakable Old Spice smell.

I have a fair amount of triple milled soaps and I have looked through various threads on how to store them but I recently read a comment on this forum that some people have soaps that have lost almost, if not all, of their scent.  Scent is not essential but it is very nice.

1 161
 11-30-2016, 07:52 AM
User Info
I have and use sparingly the original Old Spice soap. It's performance is at the very top, but the scent is mostly gone. Still, I love it and use it for that special feeling.

2 144
 11-30-2016, 03:35 PM
User Info
Thankfully I don't mind that much, if a scent in a shaving soap/cream will get milder over the years.

As long as the performance is there, I will be satisfied.

I love my scents in my soaps and creams, but performance is key, then scent.

I have so many soaps and creams, that I think if I shaved each day for the next 10 years and stopped buying more products now, I would still have a respectable collection in 2027  Biggrin

24 5,966
 12-01-2016, 10:51 AM
User Info
Thank you for your replies Spudnut and CHSeifert.

CHSeifert, I am more surprised by your answer as I believe I just read yesterday that you have been into scents since you were a young man.  But I can see the difference.

Thank you both and have a safe and happy holiday season. Smile

1 161
 12-01-2016, 12:38 PM
User Info
I don't know if Trumper hard soaps are triple milled, but the company states on the box that they have a shelf life of 12 months.  All soaps will experience a decline in the quality of the scent over time.  Scent is important to me, so I try to limit how many soaps I have at any one time so that none of them are over a year old.  With so many great soaps available, this is a challenge.

50 6,088
 12-01-2016, 03:55 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
(12-01-2016, 12:38 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I don't know if Trumper hard soaps are triple milled, but the company states on the box that they have a shelf life of 12 months.  All soaps will experience a decline in the quality of the scent over time.  Scent is important to me, so I try to limit how many soaps I have at any one time so that none of them are over a year old.  With so many great soaps available, this is a challenge.

The symbol isn't really "shelf life", it is more that it will expire "12 months after the first use". Otherwise they would just put an expiration date on it.
Also, I don't know why they even bother with the 12-month symbol, because they don't actually degrade in a year or 5 years.

Also, I can confirm that Trumper soaps' scents are strong and clear many years down the line.

59 2,817
 12-01-2016, 04:21 PM
User Info
(12-01-2016, 10:51 AM)White Tuna Wrote: Thank you for your replies Spudnut and CHSeifert.

CHSeifert, I am more surprised by your answer as I believe I just read yesterday that you have been into scents since you were a young man.  But I can see the difference.

Thank you both and have a safe and happy holiday season. Smile

I'm still very much into scents, but if you read my thread about scents in soaps and creams, you would know that they really are not THAT important to me, since they only last 10-15 minutes.

I'm much more into real fragrances, that you apply after the shave is done, and these will last you 5-24 hours, and not just 10-15 minutes.

I still enjoy scents in my shavivng soaps and cream highly, but they are not KEY for me. Performance is the KEY.

24 5,966
 12-01-2016, 05:55 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I am a humble man by nature. I want it all.

2 3,171
 12-01-2016, 07:49 PM
User Info
(12-01-2016, 05:55 PM)kav Wrote: I am a humble man by nature. I want it all.

And I want it now.

2 144