12-05-2016, 03:24 PM
User Info
Hello friends,

For consideration I'm offering here five badger brushes. 
PM me for more photos.

Add $5 for postage CONUS regardless of total number of items bought please.
Outside of CONUS are welcome at actual postage cost. Please PM to discuss.  

PayPal only please.

Rudy Vey brush sold.

Simpsons Polo 10 Best Badger with Made in England Sticker

• $125.00
  • Retails new for about $180.00

I forget what I paid. Bought it here I think from another member.
Missing original box. I'm at least the second owner of this. No issues. Excellent brush.
Fan shaped. Dense. Large on the face in use. 

27mm X 54mm by my calipers.
125mm total height.[Image: 6kc2qIX.jpg]

Simpsons Polo 8 Best Badger with Made in England Sticker

• $90.00
  • Retails new for about $140.00.

Forget what I paid. I think it was off eBay.
Includes original gray box. More of a bulb shape here. 
Very nice. Very dense. No issues. Excellent brush.

I'm at least the second owner of this one.

25mm X 52mm by my calipers.
118mm total height.[Image: ib2XrAX.jpg]

Rudy Vey circa 2012 with TGN Finest GEL TIPS

• $60.00    SOLD thank you!
  • I paid $60 plus shipping to the original owner off B&B BST back in late 2013.

28mm X 48mm by my calipers.
110mm total height.

Very nice. Very dense two band brush.
Extremely hooked tips that are extremely gelled when wet. Very crispy when dry.

I'm the second owner of this.

Superb face lathering brush.
Very chunky handle with a gorgeous faux butterscotch resin. 
The backbone is a bit too proud and the flow through is not to my taste at this lower set loft.  
Very lightly used by me. Maybe 10 times total. Never even two days in a row. Previous owner stated it was used a dozen times by him.
[Image: 0N7mpWt.jpg]

[Image: IernoiH.jpg]

Glow in the Dark 
Etsy made handle (ShaveWorks) with TGN silvertip fan.
  • $50.00
  • I paid roughly $75 plus shipping total for the knot and handle which were purchased separately in February of this year. Two part epoxy set knot and thoroughly defunked.
26mm X 52mm by my calipers.
118mm total height.

Very soft and decadent knot.
Excellent ergonomic handle with a unique glow-in-the-dark resin. In the light it's got a slightly clear opaque bottom blended up with a mostly white top that has a bit of black swirled at the very top. Glows blue in the dark if "charged" by a bright light. 
The backbone is too soft and the knot is much too large for me as a fan in three band silvertip. 

It's fun to use, but too much soft and cloud like badger for me as a face latherer.  
Very lightly used by me. 
Maybe 6 - 8 times total. 
Plus a few sacrificial lathers when new.

I'm the original owner of this one. 
Fun, large brush.
[Image: ThtW28e.jpg]
[Image: pwauJmi.jpg]

Generic (FS?) Giant Silvertip 
I believe this was made by Frank Shaving. Branded as Noble Shaving when new in 2013 I think.

$40.00
The same handle shape in cream is for sale on ebay today for $59.99 plus $6.99 shipping.

• 28mm X 64mm by my calipers.
  • 120mm total height.
Very soft and decadent knot. Dense and moppy. Cloud of badger. The largest and softest brush I have ever used. 
Nice handle that's functional but plain. This enormous bulb knot has hooked tips. I haven't used it very many times but I wouldn't quite call it gel tipped. It could or couldn't change a bit with use. I think it has shed a hair or two every time I've used it. Only noticed during the rinse and the hairs are very fine. It's such a huge knot that I can't really say whether this will stop or possibly get worse. 
It had a silk screened logo on it when new that began wearing off during test lathers. I polished the handle with plastic polish and took it off completely. 
The backbone is too soft and the knot is much too large for me in three band silvertip. 
I've never owned a Kent, but I imagine it's something like this.

It's fun to use, but way too much soft and cloud like badger for me as a face latherer.  
Used sparingly off and on.
Maybe 6 - 8 times total. 
Plus a few sacrificial lathers when new.

I'm the original owner of this one. 
Fun, large brush.
[Image: Spm43zE.jpg]
[Image: sgrrBYf.jpg]

That's it for brushes.

Thanks for looking.

9 1,415
 12-05-2016, 04:45 PM
User Info
That RV looks ideal to say the least , nice items here.

60 1,541
 12-06-2016, 07:26 AM
User Info
amazing photos of the brush tips....I dont know that I personally have ever seen a BST photo like the one of the RV before that was so clear. Great work and GLWTS!

39 275
 12-06-2016, 12:10 PM
User Info
Thanks.  Biggrin
My dinky old Kodak point & shoot does alright some days. Takes a hundred photos with it to get a dozen nice ones.

Here's the album I put together rather than posting each image here.

http://imgur.com/a/sAx5P

Had second thoughts after taking the pictures back in the spring. Haven't even used the brush since then. I truly do love it so I'm setting it free. It isn't doing anything good sitting in my cabinet.
Blush

9 1,415
 12-06-2016, 12:25 PM
User Info
(12-06-2016, 12:10 PM)bakerbarber Wrote: Thanks.  Biggrin
My dinky old Kodak point & shoot does alright some days. Takes a hundred photos with it to get a dozen nice ones.

Here's the album I put together rather than posting each image here.

http://imgur.com/a/sAx5P

Had second thoughts after taking the pictures back in the spring. Haven't even used the brush since then. I truly do love it so I'm setting it free. It isn't doing anything good sitting in my cabinet.
Blush

Those tips are somethin!  I have a TGN just like this in a vintage Klenzo handle.  The most amazing tips!  Once in a while you really get lucky with TGN.

13 59