12-05-2016, 04:54 PM
User Info
I am not sure if this is the right subforum for this post . If it not, would a moderator please move it where it belongs.

I live in the US. Should I have any concerns (customs, etc.) about shipping overseas? I know Peter (Wolf Whiskers) can't ship badger brushes over seas. I ask because a member from Israel has interest in a brush I have posted on B/S/T. Before I commit I want to make sure I can make it happen.

-Mark

4 93
 12-05-2016, 05:03 PM
User Info
AFAIK its an issue for vendors, not for individuals.

8 1,060
 12-06-2016, 03:34 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
I've not had a problem mailing a badger brush to the USA or England, but there is a difference between restrictions on the export/import of animal products and the levying of customs/import duties.  Some countries have restrictions on the export/import of animal products and require special permits or ban certain ones completely. As concerns customs/import duties, however, that's another matter since that's at the discretion of the country at the time the goods are imported..  For example, sometimes when I bring a brush into Canada I'm charged import duties and taxes and sometimes I'm not; often it's a function of the declared value.  When I sell something to a non-resident I make it clear that the purchaser is responsible for any duties or taxes imposed by the country of import.

5 882
 12-06-2016, 03:48 AM
User Info
I have had many brushes shipped to me fro the US (I am in Australia) and have not had any problems.

4 103
 12-06-2016, 06:52 AM
User Info
(12-05-2016, 04:54 PM)Whiskey Sour Wrote: I am not sure if this is the right subforum for this post . If it not, would a moderator please move it where it belongs.

I live in the US. Should I have any concerns (customs, etc.) about shipping overseas? I know Peter (Wolf Whiskers) can't ship badger brushes over seas. I ask because a member from Israel has interest in a brush I have posted on B/S/T. Before I commit I want to make sure I can make it happen.

-Mark

I have had many brushes shipped to me from the US and other countries. I am in South Korea and never had a problem with Customs either.

24 227
 12-06-2016, 08:25 AM
User Info
No problem here also. I am in Portugal, Western Europe... and never had a problem.

2 5,545
 12-06-2016, 02:17 PM
  • YomD
  • France
User Info
I live in France and had custom duties if the package value declared on customs form is higher than 45€

13 79
 12-06-2016, 04:55 PM
User Info
Thanks for all the feed back!!!

I have NO experience with overseas shipping.  I wanted to make sure that I was not getting in over my head.  I shipped the package today.

Thanks again.

-Mark

4 93