01-05-2017, 03:42 PM
  • carvelo
  • Puerto Rico
User Info
(01-05-2017, 11:31 AM)gmhjr06 Wrote: SOTD
[Image: 4292435bb4512672cc2bbce94b56d448.jpg][Image: 044dbabc25ad1ec6f93472345101744f.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That handle looks nice.

15 353
 01-11-2017, 07:58 AM
User Info
My daily drive is an ATT Kronos R1.  I love it. It give me a smooth, irritation free shave everytime.  I recently have had an itch to pick up a single edge razor.  So naturally I reached out to Stan.  He recommended the new SE2 indicating that it was a step up in efficiency from the R1 (my daily driver) but still very smooth.  I think I am going to pick one up today but I am looking for suggestions on blades.  Thanks.

-Mark

0 53
 01-11-2017, 08:19 AM
User Info
(01-11-2017, 07:58 AM)Whiskey Sour Wrote: My daily drive is an ATT Kronos R1.  I love it. It give me a smooth, irritation free shave everytime.  I recently have had an itch to pick up a single edge razor.  So naturally I reached out to Stan.  He recommended the new SE2 indicating that it was a step up in efficiency from the R1 (my daily driver) but still very smooth.  I think I am going to pick one up today but I am looking for suggestions on blades.  Thanks.

-Mark

Kai Titan Mild is a great blade for this razor. The new version is aggressive but extremely efficient. I have a ton of Feather Pro blades but have not tried them in this yet. I was extremely pleased with results from my combination. Enjoy!!

0 359
 01-11-2017, 10:28 AM
User Info
(01-11-2017, 08:19 AM)gmhjr06 Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 07:58 AM)Whiskey Sour Wrote: My daily drive is an ATT Kronos R1.  I love it. It give me a smooth, irritation free shave everytime.  I recently have had an itch to pick up a single edge razor.  So naturally I reached out to Stan.  He recommended the new SE2 indicating that it was a step up in efficiency from the R1 (my daily driver) but still very smooth.  I think I am going to pick one up today but I am looking for suggestions on blades.  Thanks.

-Mark

Kai Titan Mild is a great blade for this razor.  The new version is aggressive but extremely efficient.  I have a ton of Feather Pro blades but have not tried them in this yet.  I was extremely pleased with results from my combination.  Enjoy!!

Thanks you!  I see Stan carries these as well.
-Mark

0 53
 01-15-2017, 08:25 AM
User Info
I am going to buy the ATT SE2 and want to put the pineapple handle from Timeless on  it. Does anyone know if it wil fit? Thanks

1 101
 01-15-2017, 08:40 AM
User Info
(01-11-2017, 10:28 AM)Whiskey Sour Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 08:19 AM)gmhjr06 Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 07:58 AM)Whiskey Sour Wrote: My daily drive is an ATT Kronos R1.  I love it. It give me a smooth, irritation free shave everytime.  I recently have had an itch to pick up a single edge razor.  So naturally I reached out to Stan.  He recommended the new SE2 indicating that it was a step up in efficiency from the R1 (my daily driver) but still very smooth.  I think I am going to pick one up today but I am looking for suggestions on blades.  Thanks.

-Mark

Kai Titan Mild is a great blade for this razor.  The new version is aggressive but extremely efficient.  I have a ton of Feather Pro blades but have not tried them in this yet.  I was extremely pleased with results from my combination.  Enjoy!!

-Mark

Yes it will. I have used that handle on my SE1, SE2, S1 and S2 and it fits all of them perfectly.

0 359
 01-15-2017, 08:57 AM
User Info
(01-15-2017, 08:40 AM)gmhjr06 Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 10:28 AM)Whiskey Sour Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 08:19 AM)gmhjr06 Wrote: Kai Titan Mild is a great blade for this razor.  The new version is aggressive but extremely efficient.  I have a ton of Feather Pro blades but have not tried them in this yet.  I was extremely pleased with results from my combination.  Enjoy!!

-Mark

Yes it will.  I have used that handle on my SE1, SE2, S1 and S2 and it fits all of them perfectly.

Thank you very much gmhjr06

1 101
 01-15-2017, 02:59 PM
User Info
Let us know how you like it.... Smile

0 40
 01-15-2017, 03:01 PM
User Info
(01-15-2017, 02:59 PM)Viseguy Wrote: Let us know how you like it.... Smile

I will---probably will be here Fri. or Sat---I will report back

1 101
 01-15-2017, 05:19 PM
User Info
(01-15-2017, 03:01 PM)beisler Wrote:

OMG, Fri. or Sat. -- that's forever! Dodgy

0 40
 01-16-2017, 01:16 AM
User Info
(01-15-2017, 05:19 PM)Viseguy Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 03:01 PM)beisler Wrote:

OMG, Fri. or Sat. -- that's forever! Dodgy
I know--P.O. is closed today and they said 3 days shipping. I can't wait though Tongue

1 101
 01-22-2017, 04:00 PM
User Info
(01-05-2017, 11:29 AM)gmhjr06 Wrote: Just finally had a wonderful shave with the new SE2 baseplate.  It is more aggressive than the original one but I absolutely loved it.  It's extremely efficient and I felt like I was mowing down hair on the first pass.  After my second pass, I had an extremely close BBS face!  I used a Kia Titan Mild and let the weight of the head do all of the work.  No irritation and I put it way above the SE1 and that's saying a lot.  It has the same aggression as the Rx with a totally different feel.  I will put my original base plate up for sale on eBay unless anyone here is interested.  I did learn a crucial lesson with the first version that I will never try again.  Never EVER use a Feather Pro Guard blade with an open comb SE.  The Pro Guard will only be used with my Rx when I want a less aggressive shave with it.  I love the new version of the SE2.  SOTD pics to follow.

To help me avoid a mistake, could you explain the reason you found that the Pro Guard should never EVER be used in an open comb SE? Is it too agressive... or?

1 57
 01-22-2017, 04:24 PM
User Info
(01-22-2017, 04:00 PM)AZ Shaver Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 11:29 AM)gmhjr06 Wrote: Just finally had a wonderful shave with the new SE2 baseplate.  It is more aggressive than the original one but I absolutely loved it.  It's extremely efficient and I felt like I was mowing down hair on the first pass.  After my second pass, I had an extremely close BBS face!  I used a Kia Titan Mild and let the weight of the head do all of the work.  No irritation and I put it way above the SE1 and that's saying a lot.  It has the same aggression as the Rx with a totally different feel.  I will put my original base plate up for sale on eBay unless anyone here is interested.  I did learn a crucial lesson with the first version that I will never try again.  Never EVER use a Feather Pro Guard blade with an open comb SE.  The Pro Guard will only be used with my Rx when I want a less aggressive shave with it.  I love the new version of the SE2.  SOTD pics to follow.

To help me avoid a mistake, could you explain the reason you found that the Pro Guard should never EVER be used in an open comb SE? Is it too agressive... or?

Just my experience. It seems that the guard area on the ProGuard blade, which has slight slats in it is not a good fit for an open comb SE. I only tried it once and had multiple cuts which is unusual for me as I am a very experienced shaver on the DE and SE side. Hopefully someone else can comment on this too because I had never tried ProGuard blades in any of my SE razors until someone suggested them in the Rx.

0 359
 01-22-2017, 05:24 PM
User Info
Much to my surprise, my ATT SE2 was delivered a day earlier than expected. Thank you USPS. I took it for its maiden voyage with a brand new feather-pro. I only use SE's now, but when I used DE's I used to love open combs. All I can say is thank you Stan for making an open comb SE------Brilliant shave,just brilliant. [Image: biggrin.png]

1 101
 01-22-2017, 08:47 PM
User Info
Great! And congrats!

0 102
 01-23-2017, 11:55 AM
User Info
Congratulations Barry. Sounds like the SE2 is a winner! Enjoy!

16 190
 01-23-2017, 01:39 PM
User Info
(01-22-2017, 08:47 PM)nvpliers Wrote: Great!  And congrats!

(01-23-2017, 11:55 AM)davidsilva Wrote: Congratulations Barry. Sounds like the SE2 is a winner! Enjoy!

Thanks Guys

1 101
 01-24-2017, 06:19 PM
User Info
(01-22-2017, 04:24 PM)gmhjr06 Wrote:
(01-22-2017, 04:00 PM)AZ Shaver Wrote:

Just my experience.  It seems that the guard area on the ProGuard blade, which has slight slats in it is not a good fit for an open comb SE.  I only tried it once and had multiple cuts which is unusual for me as I am a very experienced shaver on the DE and SE side.  Hopefully someone else can comment on this too because I had never tried ProGuard blades in any of my SE razors until someone suggested them in the Rx.

That's good to know. I have had good results with both Kai Mild and ProGuard in an SE1. I just got my (second model) SE2 baseplate, and I will be very cautious if I decide to try a ProGuard.

1 57
 02-03-2017, 11:43 AM
User Info
I picked up the V1 SE2 back in November, and I loaded it with a Pro Super blade. Soon after I got the Asylum RX, where I did a side by side comparison with the RX loaded with a Pro blade, and the V1 SE2 loaded with the Pro Super. I found that both razors were very similar wrt aggressiveness, and both shaved my face to the same excellent BBS state. Later I learned that Stan was coming out with the V2 SE2. I wanted to trade my V1 in for the V2, but by the time I realized it, my 30 days had passed. Recently I noticed that the ATT website had a used SE2 baseplate, but the picture showed a V1 SE2. I confirmed with Stan that in fact it was a V2, so I ordered it at the reduced "used" price. I don't have it yet, but I want to do a side by side comparison of it compared to the RX using the Pro blade in both.

This morning I decided to put a new Pro blade in my V1 SE2 because the Asylum RX blade has about 3 or so shaves on it. When I do the comparison when the V2 SE2 arrives, I don't want it to be a new blade versus one with 3 shaves on it. In my experience, the Pro blade in the V1 SE2 felt significantly milder than the same razor loaded with the Pro Super. But what I was most impressed with the V1 SE2 was the efficiency in which this razor shaved my face while at the same time feeling very mild. The first wtg pass removed more stubble than any shaving tool I can remember using. After 3 passes I was full on BBS with no irritation and no weepers. I was surprised at this result.

0 23
 02-14-2017, 01:50 PM
User Info
I have been surprised by the V2 SE2 baseplate I got... I have been left with a close shave, but feeling raw and with weepers each time I have used it, with the Kai Mild blade. 

I have had the same result with both Colossus and Kronos handles. I think I will get the SE1 baseplate back out and try it again... I never had a problem with it, so I don't think it's poor technique. I am beginning to think the new SE2 may be a little too aggressive for my face.

And, I have to admit with DE's I also end up with a raw feeling, but not usually bloodshed, with OC's... maybe I need to realize I am a closed comb guy and let it go at that!

1 57