02-14-2017, 05:24 PM
User Info
(02-14-2017, 01:50 PM)AZ Shaver Wrote: I have been surprised by the V2 SE2 baseplate I got... I have been left with a close shave, but feeling raw and with weepers each time I have used it, with the Kai Mild blade. 

I have had the same result with both Colossus and Kronos handles. I think I will get the SE1 baseplate back out and try it again... I never had a problem with it, so I don't think it's poor technique. I am beginning to think the new SE2 may be a little too aggressive for my face.

And, I have to admit with DE's I also end up with a raw feeling, but not usually bloodshed, with OC's... maybe I need to realize I am a closed comb guy and let it go at that!

I had the same experience with the kai milds in this razor---I put a feather-pro in it and it was way,way better. Try different blades and I am sure it will work. Kai milds work well for me
in my other SE's but the open comb and kai milds gave me small weepers which I rarely get anymore with any razor.

1 101
 02-14-2017, 07:45 PM
User Info
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has had something similar happen.

I think I will try the SE1 again to verify my technique hasn't gone to pot, then cautiously try the SE2 again with a Feather Pro. I want to like the SE2, and don't want to give up on it without giving it a fair chance. That just seems odd with the Kai Mild, which has worked well in my SE1 and Mongoose. So, the experiment continues, with pauses for healing as needed.

1 58
 02-20-2017, 04:18 PM
User Info
I use an ATT H1 with a heavy handle (UFO Grand Titan L), and GSBs for daily 4-pass shaves. Any thoughts on whether the ATT SE2v2 will be aggressive enough, say, with feather pros?

29 1,162
 02-22-2017, 07:26 PM
User Info
(02-20-2017, 04:18 PM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: I use an ATT H1 with a heavy handle (UFO Grand Titan L), and GSBs for daily 4-pass shaves. Any thoughts on whether the ATT SE2v2 will be aggressive enough, say, with feather pros?

I have the SE2 v1, which I use with Feather AC Pro Supers. That combination is definitely more aggressive than the H1 or H2 (I have both) with any DE blade I can imagine. I would say that if the Pros are not aggressive enough for you in the SE2 v2, the Pro Supers definitely would be.

0 92