User Info
This is just a crazy good soap. Thanks!

8 135
 12-22-2016, 09:44 PM
  • jamesrobson5
  • Chubby Chaser... Big Brush is Best!
  • Sherwood Park AB Canada!
User Info
My soap arrived the other day... wow it's incredible! I wish I had ordered more.
Great stuff.

26 1,610
 12-24-2016, 08:02 AM
User Info
Just curious, any new scents or products planned for 2017?

8 135
 12-24-2016, 09:31 AM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
Just ordered mossy lime and orange patchouli! Thank you to all enablers!

Happy Holidays!

92 1,114
 12-24-2016, 09:38 AM
User Info
 12-24-2016, 09:42 AM
User Info
(12-24-2016, 08:02 AM)Kpfeifle Wrote: Just curious, any new scents or products planned for 2017?

Hi Kevin - there are in fact two scents in the works for the new year but I'm not sure when they will be released just yet:

[Image: azCZVUW.jpg][Image: vFfw0Sw.jpg]

As far as new products go - none as of now but I have been thinking on a balm/aftershave for some time. I may have to start fiddling with that idea shortly.

Happy holidays!
Peter

27 373
 12-24-2016, 10:12 AM
User Info
Thanks Peter, the scents look great. I love vetiver!  Happy Holidays to you as well!

8 135
 12-24-2016, 01:46 PM
User Info
This soap is awesome.....lathers incredibly and has great glide.  The after shave feel is second to none and a 2 pass BBS with my straight is always worth it when the soap performs!!!

2 45
 12-24-2016, 02:20 PM
User Info
(12-24-2016, 09:42 AM)scritchnscrub Wrote:
(12-24-2016, 08:02 AM)Kpfeifle Wrote: Just curious, any new scents or products planned for 2017?

Hi Kevin - there are in fact two scents in the works for the new year but I'm not sure when they will be released just yet:

As far as new products go - none as of now but I have been thinking on a balm/aftershave for some time. I may have to start fiddling with that idea shortly.

Happy holidays!
Peter

Peter, is vetiver earthy green or dark like Haitian vetiver ? Are you making with enough scent strength that the scent can be enjoyed throughout the shave . As you know some scents are so weak that you have to dip your nose deep into jar to smell anything .

58 2,922
 12-24-2016, 04:39 PM
User Info
(12-24-2016, 02:20 PM)Cricket203 Wrote:
(12-24-2016, 09:42 AM)scritchnscrub Wrote:

Happy holidays!
Peter

Peter, is vetiver earthy green or dark like Haitian vetiver ? Are you making with enough scent strength that the scent can be enjoyed throughout the shave . As you know some scents are so weak that you have to dip your nose deep into jar to smell anything .

Hi Cricket,

Thanks for your post. I'm not sure how to answer your first question because I think the language to describe vetiver means different things to different people. For example, I think of Haitian vetiver as being more green than dark. And I think both green and dark vetivers can have earthy notes.  In fact I find the darker vetivers tend to be earthier to my nose.  I associate green with a more citrus like or resinous note. I did a batch of vetiver once before that was a bit green and also a bit woody because it was blended with cedar. However I'm working on a couple of different vetiver scents right now and I'm not 100% sure which one will be used just yet. My personal taste tends to favour darker vetiver at the moment.

As far as scent strength goes, that can be a soapmaker's blind spot. My perception gets a bit desensitized as my various soaps cure and fill the space with the fragrances I'm using. If you walk into a room that smells great (or not so great) you may eventually not notice it because your olfactory system adjusts to it. Same with me as a soapmaker. My intention is for the scent to be noticeable but not too in your face (pun intended) during the shave. I may in fact not be the best judge of how successful I am at that. I would listen to what others may have to say more than to me about the scent strength of the soaps. 

I can say though that vetiver is usually pretty clingy and would likely be more prominent than some of my others.

Sorry I can't be more definitive in my response.

Peter

27 373
 12-24-2016, 04:43 PM
User Info
(12-24-2016, 04:39 PM)scritchnscrub Wrote:
(12-24-2016, 02:20 PM)Cricket203 Wrote:
(12-24-2016, 09:42 AM)scritchnscrub Wrote: Hi Kevin - there are in fact two scents in the works for the new year but I'm not sure when they will be released just yet:

Happy holidays!
Peter

Hi Cricket,

Thanks for your post. I'm not sure how to answer your first question because I think the language to describe vetiver means different things to different people. For example, I think of Haitian vetiver as being more green than dark. And I think both green and dark vetivers can have earthy notes.  In fact I find the darker vetivers tend to be earthier to my nose.  I associate green with a more citrus like or resinous note. I did a batch of vetiver once before that was a bit green and also a bit woody because it was blended with cedar. However I'm working on a couple of different vetiver scents right now and I'm not 100% sure which one will be used just yet. My personal taste tends to favour darker vetiver at the moment.

As far as scent strength goes, that can be a soapmaker's blind spot. My perception gets a bit desensitized as my various soaps cure and fill the space with the fragrances I'm using. If you walk into a room that smells great (or not so great) you may eventually not notice it because your olfactory system adjusts to it. Same with me as a soapmaker. My intention is for the scent to be noticeable but not too in your face (pun intended) during the shave. I may in fact not be the best judge of how successful I am at that. I would listen to what others may have to say more than to me about the scent strength of the soaps. 

I can say though that vetiver is usually pretty clingy and would likely be more prominent than some of my others.

Sorry I can't be more definitive in my response.

Peter

Thanks Peter .
I understand old factory fatigue very well in parfum. However , some soaps brands has nothing to do with old factory fatigue and they are just weak. I will give your vetiver a try as soon as it released. I like dark vetiver :-)

Happy new year

58 2,922
 12-24-2016, 11:15 PM
User Info
Is the soap being sold in any retailer in the US? Shipping from Canada to Singapore straight is a little expensive.

0 121
 12-25-2016, 11:11 AM
User Info
(12-24-2016, 11:15 PM)aerolord Wrote: Is the soap being sold in any retailer in the US? Shipping from Canada to Singapore straight is a little expensive.

Is cheaper to ship from the US to Singapore? If so and your ok with it, i can work with you and Peter to get it out to you via US when im there the second week of Jan. 

Just let me know...

2 45
 12-26-2016, 08:21 AM
User Info
(12-25-2016, 11:11 AM)6cuda6 Wrote:
(12-24-2016, 11:15 PM)aerolord Wrote: Is the soap being sold in any retailer in the US? Shipping from Canada to Singapore straight is a little expensive.

Is cheaper to ship from the US to Singapore? If so and your ok with it, i can work with you and Peter to get it out to you via US when im there the second week of Jan. 

Just let me know...

Thank you, perhaps I will give it a miss for now since second week of January is not really a period where I should buy soap (yet).

But to answer your question, yes and no. Because I am using a forwarder service, so I tend to consolidate all of my many orders in a single US address before shipping them as one package, it does save quite a bit in my opinion. But if I were to buy only one soap or from one company, shipping straight, I would assume it will roughly be the same price as from Canada.

Thank you kindly for the offer! I really appreciate it.

0 121
 01-06-2017, 08:21 PM
User Info
ETA when orange patchouli will be back in stock?

0 6