12-07-2016, 07:39 PM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
First, I love the results I get from my Rockwell. That said, I always thought the knurling on the handle was a little weak.  Prior to the Rockwell, I used an EJ 89 head on a Weber Bulldog.  I always liked the grip of that handle and thought about getting a Weber for the Rockwell. I stumbled across what appeared  to be an early version of the Rockwell handle on the West Coast Shaving site.  Someone had commented that it had more grip to the knurling.  I reached out to Gareth at Rockwell and he confirmed that what West Coast has had deeper, less polish knurling than what ships with the current razor.  I ordered it and love it.  If you are looking for additional grip for your Rockwell, this may be your answer.  Thought I'd share.

7 191
 12-08-2016, 01:21 AM
User Info
(12-07-2016, 07:39 PM)NJDJ Wrote: First, I love the results I get from my Rockwell. That said, I always thought the knurling on the handle was a little weak.  Prior to the Rockwell, I used an EJ 89 head on a Weber Bulldog.  I always liked the grip of that handle and thought about getting a Weber for the Rockwell. I stumbled across what appeared  to be an early version of the Rockwell handle on the West Coast Shaving site.  Someone had commented that it had more grip to the knurling.  I reached out to Gareth at Rockwell and he confirmed that what West Coast has had deeper, less polish knurling than what ships with the current razor.  I ordered it and love it.  If you are looking for additional grip for your Rockwell, this may be your answer.  Thought I'd share.

Hmm. Never found my Rockwell 6s handle at all slippery or considered the knurling to be inadequately deep. Of course, I am coming to it from vintage Gillettes, and compared to the depth of patterning on even a FatBoy, never mind a brass ball-ended Tech, the Rockwell knurling is miles deep...

Anyway, good to know there's a Rockwell handle option out there for those who want to step it up a bit. Hope you continue to get years of enjoyment from it.

1 29
 12-08-2016, 07:47 AM
User Info
I have never had a problem with the Rockwell handle either.

2 144