12-13-2016, 06:03 PM
User Info
Hi Guys

One of my favourite artisans "Queen Charlotte Soaps" is sadly going out of business.
I'm a big fan of especially their bath soap bars. After going through alot of both artisan and bigger brands, they are the best I've used so far.
But now their going out of business, and I need to find another soap maker..

Two highly recommended brands are "mystic water soaps" and "Mike's Naturals".
have anyone tried both ones of these and QCS (the bath soap bars)? How do you think they compare?
Any other recommendations..?

Finally a big thank you to Queen Charlotte Soaps. You guys have made some great products. Good luck in the future!

1 112
 12-13-2016, 06:22 PM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
Viking makes wonderful bath bars as well as Cold River Soap Works. My two favorite and they are TSN Artisans to boot!

59 4,203
 12-13-2016, 06:32 PM
User Info
Stirling Soap's Bath bars are great, I enjoy their mentholated soap bars during the Summer when it's oppressive outside. Their Lemon Chill bar soap has to be one of my favorites.

0 81
 12-13-2016, 06:32 PM
User Info
(12-13-2016, 06:22 PM)eengler Wrote: Viking makes wonderful bath bars as well as Cold River Soap Works. My two favorite and they are TSN Artisans to boot!

Thank's for the quick reply..
are you thinking of "Savon de Bastille" on the CRSW website? I dont belive they make their own bath soap bars anymore?
How do you think the skincare properties are in them?

1 112
 12-13-2016, 06:35 PM
User Info
Alot of people feels that the bath soap bars need to last for so and so long time, but I normally see the fast disapearing of most of my bath soap bars, as a sign of lots of skin loving ingredients like sheabutter and lots of essential oils!
This is exatly what im looking for.

1 112
 12-13-2016, 06:39 PM
User Info
Anybody used Mike's or Mystic Waters..?

1 112
 12-13-2016, 07:07 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Mike's and Mystic Water soaps are outstanding, however, bath soaps are readily available from Mystic Water, whereas Mike's are only rarely released and in quantities that sell out quickly. Michelle is a master with scents, and I'm sure that you would find several that you like. I just finished my first bar of Viking, which was also very enjoyable.

38 4,948
 12-13-2016, 08:14 PM
User Info
 12-13-2016, 09:43 PM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
(12-13-2016, 06:32 PM)tyson81 Wrote:
(12-13-2016, 06:22 PM)eengler Wrote: Viking makes wonderful bath bars as well as Cold River Soap Works. My two favorite and they are TSN Artisans to boot!

Thank's for the quick reply..
are you thinking of "Savon de Bastille" on the CRSW website? I dont belive they make their own bath soap bars anymore?
How do you think the skincare properties are in them?

CRSW is producing bath bars again with a different recipe than the original offerings. Both fragrances are pleasant and the skincare of the olive oil formulation gets high marks from me.

59 4,203
 12-14-2016, 05:57 PM
User Info
(12-13-2016, 07:07 PM)evnpar Wrote: Mike's and Mystic Water soaps are outstanding, however, bath soaps are readily available from Mystic Water, whereas Mike's are only rarely released and in quantities that sell out quickly. Michelle is a master with scents, and I'm sure that you would find several that you like. I just finished my first bar of Viking, which was also very enjoyable.

I really like Mike's, but as mentioned - you have to be patient. I have a number of MW bars, and despite their somewhat smaller size, they are solid. Soap commander bars are good, as are CRSW. I've even had good luck with Stirling bath bars.

17 837
 12-19-2016, 04:45 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I've really been enjoying my soap from Sudsy Soapery. I'm on my first bar, of three, and it lathers well, smells great and lasts. I've got Stirling on my list to try, but it's hard to imagine anything better than Sudsy.

5 270
 12-19-2016, 07:10 PM
User Info
+1 for Sudsy Soapery. They have free shipping until Dec. 24, and you can pick up 3 and 4 oz bars for pretty cheap. However, I have been using the MWF bath soap and it is fantastic. The soap has a clean, soapy scent. Not quite the same as the shave soap. The biggest bonus for me is that the MWF bath soap has completely cured the dry skin / itching that always accompanies winter for me.

2 38
 01-02-2017, 07:50 PM
User Info
I like Stirling, but you've got thinking about MWF.

0 114
 01-07-2017, 08:50 PM
User Info
I have now purchased Stirling (tea tree, oat & shea and vanilla & sandalwood), Mike's (Barbershop) and Mystic Water (goats milk).

Sudsy will be next.

For all you sandalwood lovers out there, I can highly recommend the Mysore Sandal Millennium.
Its made with differents butters (like sheabutter) and essential oils. Including generous amounts of Mysore sandalwood oil.
The scent is fantastic. The strongest sandalwood scent I have tried, and all from essential oil.
It is however very expensive though, at 25$.
But the soap is quite large, and last for a surprisingly long time (the longest lasting soap bar with essential oils and butters I have tried), so there is definently good value in it.

1 112