02-06-2017, 08:03 AM
User Info
In spite of the weather being bitterly-cold here in Montreal I used the Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo soap which gave me such great lather with the lovely Sharp Dressed Man scent and a ton and a half of menthol freeze. The post-shave care that these Stirling soaps have is the best I ever experienced in anything, whether it's artisan or commercial.

0 2,558
 02-06-2017, 09:48 AM
User Info
(12-18-2016, 04:25 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: Thanks guys, for all the advice and opinions.

I'm letting Stirling soaps go.

Will focus on these 3 new in my den brands in 2017, and add some to the brands I already own soaps from.

New brands in my den in 2017:
L&L Gromming (buying all 7 I can get)
Tallow & Steel (buying all 4)
Eufros/Jabonman (will buy 12 from Manuel)
OSP (not entirely sure, but I might buy 8-10 soaps from them in 2017)

Brands I plan on staying with and add further to:

B&M
CRSW
Mike's
Caties
Tabula Rasa
LPL
Sap Var
Klar Seifen
Phoenix & Beau
Wickham 1912
MDC
Meiss Tremo

That is a great lineup and I took some notes from your "new to the den" list. That said, you are missing Mystic Water IMO. The new formula with lanolin soaps are all the way up there with the very best soaps I have tried maybe excluding only Mike's...

0 14
 02-06-2017, 12:17 PM
User Info
(02-06-2017, 09:48 AM)atxwatch Wrote:
(12-18-2016, 04:25 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: Thanks guys, for all the advice and opinions.

Will focus on these 3 new in my den brands in 2017, and add some to the brands I already own soaps from.

B&M
CRSW
Mike's
Caties
Tabula Rasa
LPL
Sap Var
Klar Seifen
Phoenix & Beau
Wickham 1912
MDC
Meiss Tremo

That is a great lineup and I took some notes from your "new to the den" list. That said, you are missing Mystic Water IMO. The new formula with lanolin soaps are all the way up there with the very best soaps I have tried maybe excluding only Mike's...

I'm taking a pause from buying shaving soaps/creams.

First of all I'm leaning more towards milder scented products (borderlining unscented) to be on the safe side.

Secondly MW, even in the new formula, is not a brand I will venture into. Too many experienced shavers with lather problems, also with the new formula. With that said, based on the true Gentleman Celestino's advice I WILL at some stage buy MW soaps, but I will buy them in shaving sticks.

The only two shaving soaps out of many 100's that have made look away in disgust over the lather quality I could produce with them were MWF (5 years of trying) and Lea Classic hard soap (2 years of trying)

But used as shaving sticks they did work. But I only use shaving sticks, when they actually come in a stick.

Hence the reason why I will buy MW in stick versions at some stage later.

Right now I have a stash of 125 top creams and 150+ top shaving soaps I need to start using HEAVILY LOADED to avoid them turning bad.

25 6,352
 02-06-2017, 04:01 PM
User Info
I wonder if it's because, as a shave-stick, you can load much more soap per shave?

29 1,500
 02-06-2017, 05:12 PM
User Info
(02-06-2017, 04:01 PM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: I wonder if it's because, as a shave-stick, you can load much more soap per shave?

It is.

You can load the soap more directly to your skin and apply a ton of soap, which will be directly applied to your skin.

If MWF had a scent I adored, I would have kept it, and loaded it like a shaving stick with the entire soap puck, but as it was the scent was just a pleasent soapy scent and as I own 100's of better soaps, the extra good post shave feel MWF gave me was not worth the hassle for me.

I also think Celestino can load the older formual of MW with more ease, because he use them all as sticks.
I can't say this for sure, but this is my guess.

Celestino will correct me, if I'm wrong in my assumption.

25 6,352
 02-06-2017, 09:30 PM
User Info
(02-06-2017, 12:17 PM)CHSeifert Wrote:
(02-06-2017, 09:48 AM)atxwatch Wrote:

B&M
CRSW
Mike's
Caties
Tabula Rasa
LPL
Sap Var
Klar Seifen
Phoenix & Beau
Wickham 1912
MDC
Meiss Tremo

I'm taking a pause from buying shaving soaps/creams.

First of all I'm leaning more towards milder scented products (borderlining unscented) to be on the safe side.

Secondly MW, even in the new formula, is not a brand I will venture into. Too many experienced shavers with lather problems, also with the new formula. With that said, based on the true Gentleman Celestino's advice I WILL at some stage buy MW soaps, but I will buy them in shaving sticks.

The only two shaving soaps out of many 100's that have made look away in disgust over the lather quality I could produce with them were MWF (5 years of trying) and Lea Classic hard soap (2 years of trying)

But used as shaving sticks they did work. But I only use shaving sticks, when they actually come in a stick.

Hence the reason why I will buy MW in stick versions at some stage later.

Right now I have a stash of 125 top creams and 150+ top shaving soaps I need to start using HEAVILY LOADED to avoid them turning bad.
Not sure who says the new MW formula won't lather...I whipped up a lather fest this morning with the jar of Eucalyptus&Peppermint...to each his own.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

0 14
 05-11-2018, 02:36 AM
User Info
Bought the Pumpkin spice and I really like it. Smells more like pumpkin pie off the puck but after shaving with it notes of cloves pop out every now and then. I think it performs nicely once dialed in with the water. Price is great and you get 5oz instead of 4.

0 5