12-15-2016, 03:55 AM
User Info
...a shaving brush in the wild - at Europris no less. While TGR is, in my opinion, the fun kind of dollar store, Europris is more of a.. how to put.. Norwegian version of the American chain Big Lots. Not the place I expected to see something like this:

[Image: Brush%2BEuropris.jpg]

Quality brush they claim.. so much quality they couldn't even get the print centred. Even so, this along with the set spotted at TGR earlier this week, makes me wonder if affordable traditional wetshaving for the masses are coming to Norway - or it might just be a blip on the radar.

3 4,483
 12-15-2016, 04:47 AM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
Not the exact brush, but:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/B...64597.html
Pretty close. At quantity, they're a little over $1 USD each. I don't know anything about Europris, but this sounds exactly like the sort of thing one would expect to find at a Big Lots.

Hope you enjoy it. It's always nice to see little signs our hobby is leaking into the mainstream.

22 828
 12-15-2016, 06:31 AM
User Info
I would much rather these type of synthetic knots make up the entry level selections than the cheaper badger and boar hair brushes typically found at the local stores.

60 1,512
 12-15-2016, 06:36 AM
User Info
No, I didn't pick it up.. I have two synthetics from BodyShop to fill that segment - I'm just excited to see them in regular stores over here Biggrin

3 4,483
 12-15-2016, 09:01 AM
  • beamon
  • Greenville, SC USA
User Info
Anyone who can bring an item like that to market at a price like that deserves our patronage just for support, regardless of the brush's effectiveness.

0 363