12-17-2016, 01:44 PM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
I shave 7 days a week always working towards a BBS, I do not want an overly aggressive razor nor do I want a no blade feel timid razor. 

I have been alternating between the ATT SE1 and the RX shaving these last weeks and I've found for myself the best blades that suites these 2 SE's that gives me what I want in using them daily. A no irritation, no weeper (even when I doze off looking in the mirror with razor in hand) close clean BBS shave almost every time when I pay attention to what I'm doing. 

My shaves are always 4 pass and clean-up, to accomplish this the blades I use for the RX are the Feather Pro Guard and the Kai Titan Mild Pro Guard (to tone down the aggressiveness of this razor for daily use). For the ATT SE1 which is a milder razor then the RX I use a little more aggressive blade for the same feel and shaving out come, the Kai Mild and Feather Professional (though I do pay more attention to what I'm doing with these 2 blades then the guards). 

I also changed out the handles giving the RX  a 90 x 13 SS, and the ATT a 90 x 14 SS. These handles gave me better grip, balance and control.

As we enter the final days to the holidays and the New Year all the best to everyone here at TSN and your families, and to all of you have many Happy Holiday and New Year Shaves.

51 437
 12-17-2016, 03:03 PM
User Info
Very useful post, Steven. I've found the Feather AC Pro a bit harsh with the Rx, will have to try the Pro Guard. Thanks!

23 635
 12-17-2016, 03:21 PM
  • Chaddy
  • North Carolina
User Info
The pro guards work great in the RX. I use pinks in my other SE,s.

5 527
 12-17-2016, 03:53 PM
User Info
I love Kai Protouch MG in the RX

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

3 1,065
 12-18-2016, 09:13 AM
User Info
The Feather Pro Guard is AWESOME in the Rx. Just tried a Pro Guard in the SE2 and bit myself several times. Weird. I think I was rushing a bit this morning for an afternoon holiday party. About to order the revised SE2 plate but I still think the original SE2 is more aggressive than the SE1 so we'll see. Happy Holidays everyone and enjoy these SE razors as they are he best out there right now along with the Rocnel SE50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 878
 01-16-2017, 03:52 AM
  • RSP1
  • Western NY
User Info
I've decided on the Kai Mild in the SE1 and the Kai Protouch MG in the Rx. Both give me a close and comfortable shave with these blades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 323
 01-17-2017, 07:12 AM
User Info
Schick P-30 Proline made for a nice daily drive in the RX.

0 115
 01-19-2017, 05:42 PM
User Info
I did a side by side with the ATT version 1 SE2 loaded with a Pro Super, and the RX with a Pro. I found the blade feel and aggresiveness of these two razors to be similar. The new version of the SE2 is supposed to be more aggressive as people were saying the the 1st version was too close to the SE1 in that regard. Your results are consistent with my observations.

0 27