12-17-2016, 05:38 PM
User Info
I am thinking of buying the Fine Accoutrements Lather bowl so I was wondering if anyone has tried it. I like the idea of the ribs in the bowl and the thumb ring. It looks like it would be a winner.

5 1,459
 12-17-2016, 05:46 PM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
(12-17-2016, 05:38 PM)shave/brush Wrote: I am thinking of buying the Fine Accoutrements Lather bowl so I was wondering if anyone has tried it. I like the idea of the ribs in the bowl and the thumb ring. It looks like it would be a winner.

I have one.  It's pretty good, although I wish it were a little deeper.

7 182
 12-17-2016, 06:33 PM
User Info
I have one too and it does the job very nicely. It is shallow - relative to the diameter but the size and ring makes it easy to use. You wouldn't be disappointed is my view.

0 118
 12-17-2016, 06:46 PM
User Info
Thanks for the input. I think I will order one. Now I just have to decide on what color.

5 1,459
 12-17-2016, 06:48 PM
User Info
I have one. 

You can't really soak your brush in it, but it is very good at what it's supposed to be. A lather bowl.

The way the handle is and how you hold it is really comfortable. Your fingers of one hand support it underneath with the thumb through the hole. The top of the handle actually does hold the brush securely in the groove. I would imagine that not every size and shape brush would rest on the handle well but all of mine do.

Even the hole to hang it is nice. 

I would say that I would buy a lighter colored one after having mine for a while. I have the dark blue one and it gets cloudy after using some soaps. Only takes a quick wipe when dry with a towel. It just shows soap scum and hard water spots easily. Not like it hurts anything but it is something I hadn't thought about when I bought mine. 

[Image: siqbu3i.jpg][Image: r6VwAld.jpg]

7 1,150
 12-18-2016, 05:44 PM
User Info
Mine is black and grey. I love the look of it with the white soap in it. I would say it's the perfect depth. Not too deep so no ding, ding, ding of the brush but deep enough at the same time. I also really like the handle curved to hold my brush. I would say it's my favorite bowl over all but it is not made in the USA.

9 63
 12-18-2016, 05:49 PM
User Info
I think I am going to order the new color they came out with, ivory and white.

[Image: XoU8Sji.jpg]

5 1,459
 12-19-2016, 08:03 PM
User Info
Only bowl I own. Great product. I face lather, but this bowl is effective and solid.

24 5,602
 12-19-2016, 11:08 PM
User Info
I'm meh on the bowl. I like the dark color, but wish it was deeper. I only face lather these days, so it rarely see's much use. That said, my deep porcelon cereal bowl is more effective and cost a lot less ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If I still bowl lathered, I'd get an Aesop instead.

17 776
 12-20-2016, 05:58 AM
User Info
Everyone will have their own preference. I haven't got this bowl yet but I can tell what I am going to like about it based on my experience with many other bowls I have tried. I like the ribs in the bottom of the bowl. They are not to high which I don't like about the Captain's Choice bowls. Some have complained about the bowl not being deep enough. I don't think that is a problem but a plus. That way you don't hear the brush clanking against the bowl while making lather. It seems like a winner to me. I should have it today and I will use it tonight.

5 1,459
 12-20-2016, 05:52 PM
User Info
I used my Fine lather bowl tonight for the first time. I have never been this excited about a lather bowl before. I used Van Der Hagen Luxury soap with my Whipped Dog synthetic brush. It performed outstanding. I believe this is the best designed lather bowl of any I have ever tried and I tried many including Captain's Choice which is a popular bowl.
I don't think my other bowls will be seeing much use from now on.

5 1,459
 12-21-2016, 04:51 PM
  • matloffm
  • Culver City, CA
User Info
I have the red version.  I am very pleased with the performance.  It is a very good value for the price.

18 556
 12-26-2016, 09:11 PM
User Info
A Fine Accoutrements shaving bowl looks simple but effective. However, I'd suggest looking into a shaving scuttle; you can keep your water warm in the reservoir, and keep the lather in the ample cup.

1 35
 12-27-2016, 07:15 AM
User Info
(12-26-2016, 09:11 PM)poikkeus Wrote: A Fine Accoutrements shaving bowl looks simple but effective. However, I'd suggest looking into a shaving scuttle; you can keep your water warm in the reservoir, and keep the lather in the ample cup.

Scuttles are nice but one does not replace the other. The main purpose of a scuttle is for warm lather. Besides the point I was trying to make is that the Fine bowl seems to be the best lather bowl I have ever used for making lather and I have tried many.

5 1,459
 02-10-2017, 11:26 AM
User Info
(12-17-2016, 05:46 PM)NJDJ Wrote:
(12-17-2016, 05:38 PM)shave/brush Wrote: I am thinking of buying the Fine Accoutrements Lather bowl so I was wondering if anyone has tried it. I like the idea of the ribs in the bowl and the thumb ring. It looks like it would be a winner.

I have one.  It's pretty good, although I wish it were a little deeper.

+1.

I love everything about mine from the way it sits in my hand to how easy it is to hold but also wish it were perhaps a tad deeper by about a half an inch or so.

39 274
 02-10-2017, 12:08 PM
  • motto
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
User Info
I own both the black/grey and the ivory/white version of the Fine bowl. I like them very much, size and weigth are spot on and the handle shape allows to place the brush between the passes / during shaving. IMO a good and functional product for a reasonable price.

Regards Marco

6 160
 02-10-2017, 12:28 PM
User Info
Now that I have used it for awhile I can say it's the best lather bowl I ever used. And I have several. I think the design is perfect. It is just deep enough with a nice wide diameter. Plus a place to hold your brush between passes. This is a great lather bowl.

[Image: Y6DWdmB.jpg]

5 1,459