12-18-2016, 04:51 PM
User Info
(12-18-2016, 04:37 PM)lloydrm Wrote: new car scent Smile

RazoRock Tuscan Oud ?

24 5,926
 12-18-2016, 04:54 PM
User Info
I would like to see the note of gazoline in a shaving soap.

I own Dior Fahrenheit, which has this note, but not the real exact gazoline note.

Since I was a kid, I have loved the scent from gazoline at the gas stations.
It's probably not healthy for you, but would love to have that scent reproduced in a shaving soap - I LOVE THE SCENT OF GAZOLINE, preferably high octane !!

24 5,926
 12-18-2016, 05:17 PM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
I'm sure this is cheating as it's not one note, but I'd love a shave cream scented like the long discontinued original Wella Balsam shampoo.

Closest I've found is the Yerbamate fragrance from Italian perfumer Lorenzo Villoresi.

So if we are being strict...I'll say the single note I'd like to see produced is Yerbamate.

Yerbamate is a leaf from a South American holly tree. Imagine the scent of Vetiver but with a more balsam/pine note.

167 1,348
 12-18-2016, 05:21 PM
User Info
(12-18-2016, 11:00 AM)evnpar Wrote: Clean sheet smell after hung to dry on a clothesline on a sunny day.

Pre de Provence smells just like that, although I thought I saw somewhere they call it sage.

7 314
 12-18-2016, 05:21 PM
User Info
(12-18-2016, 04:54 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: I would like to see the note of gazoline in a shaving soap.

I own Dior Fahrenheit, which has this note, but not the real exact gazoline note.

It's probably not healthy for you, but would love to have that scent reproduced in a shaving soap - I LOVE THE SCENT OF GAZOLINE, preferably high octane !!

I too enjoy the scent of gasoline/petrol, not sure I'd want to sniff that for an extended period though or smell like I had an accident at the pumps lol. I had a little gasoline spill onto my boot at work when refilling a vehicle and people complained of the scent all night, I didn't mind it though. When I was a teenager working at Marshall's Department store we had Diesel brand cologne, not sure of the scent name, It smelled like pure gasoline, might be up your alley if you're up for a google search.

I would like to see a standalone Ginger scented soap with a strong profile, I enjoy cooking/baking with ginger and like the spicy citrus scent of it.

0 81
 12-18-2016, 05:54 PM
User Info
(12-18-2016, 02:18 PM)Nero Wrote:
(12-18-2016, 12:48 PM)Asafiev Wrote: Pinon/Pinion

Interesting! Were you thinking the pine nut? Or the wood? Needles/leaves?

I purchased some Pinon incense when I was backpacking in New Mexico.  Whenever I get a whiff of that scent it takes me back there.  As far as I know, no one has made that profile in a soap.  Since I am not a wordsmith here is how one company describes Pinon.

Scent Notes: Sweet Pine, resin, desert campfire, chiminea.

The Story:  The Desert Piñon is the tree that keeps on giving. Desert Piñon has is a go-to aromatic spearhead of all things Southwest. Its needles, when crushed between fingertips, emit a sweet, resinous note which evokes flashes of desert springs and red rock cliffs. The pitch, the sap as it drips in crystalline formation down the tree trunks of the older trees, is easily harvested and when distilled, defines the wind with its honey-like earthy tone.  The smell of Santa Fe in the winter, full of enchantment and the spice-like magic of clean, campfire smoke settling in the valley at dusk.  Go there.

[Image: davOdkH.jpg]

0 237
 12-18-2016, 06:21 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
(12-18-2016, 05:54 PM)Asafiev Wrote:

I purchased some Pinon incense when I was backpacking in New Mexico.  Whenever I get a whiff of that scent it takes me back there.  As far as I know, no one has made that profile in a soap.  Since I am not a wordsmith here is how one company describes Pinon.

The StoryThe Desert Piñon is the tree that keeps on giving. Desert Piñon has is a go-to aromatic spearhead of all things Southwest. Its needles, when crushed between fingertips, emit a sweet, resinous note which evokes flashes of desert springs and red rock cliffs. The pitch, the sap as it drips in crystalline formation down the tree trunks of the older trees, is easily harvested and when distilled, defines the wind with its honey-like earthy tone.  The smell of Santa Fe in the winter, full of enchantment and the spice-like magic of clean, campfire smoke settling in the valley at dusk.  Go there.

Yeah, that sounds magical. I'd buy that in a heartbeat!

Thanks for the great ideas everybody, keep them coming!

59 2,702
 12-18-2016, 06:23 PM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
(12-18-2016, 04:49 PM)CHSeifert Wrote:
(12-18-2016, 11:05 AM)Nero Wrote:
(12-18-2016, 10:55 AM)TropicalHotDog Wrote: You just said "What scent would you like to see made into a shave cream/soap?" There was no mention of such scents being unavailable on the market.

Right. The words "would you like" imply they aren't made. It didn't say "do you like".

Not trying to start an argument. I think you did that intentionally, cutely.

Just so we are clear going forward. ORIGINAL. Smile

I love your OCD, Matt, because you are right in your argument, but you are picking and weighing the words like only a guy with OCD would do.
It takes one to know one, right  Wink

Haha! Thanks Claus! Wanted to nip it in the bud before the thread went down the wrong route and missed the whole point.

But I said no argument Smile

59 2,702
 12-18-2016, 06:28 PM
User Info
Mango
Watermelon
Lemon
Tree bark/resin

60 1,453
 12-18-2016, 06:39 PM
User Info
(12-18-2016, 04:54 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: I would like to see the note of gazoline in a shaving soap.

There was a scene in Breaking Bad, where Walt did a terrible job of hiding the fact that Jesse tried to burn his house down with gasoline, by making up a story about spilling gas on himself, and shedding his clothing on the living room floor, in a panic, after rushing home. I wonder if his lie would have been less obvious if he had claimed to have shaved with some new gasoline soap, in the living room. Pancarta

3 196
 12-18-2016, 06:46 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info

(12-18-2016, 05:54 PM)Asafiev Wrote:

The Story:  The Desert Piñon is the tree that keeps on giving. Desert Piñon has is a go-to aromatic spearhead of all things Southwest. Its needles, when crushed between fingertips, emit a sweet, resinous note which evokes flashes of desert springs and red rock cliffs. The pitch, the sap as it drips in crystalline formation down the tree trunks of the older trees, is easily harvested and when distilled, defines the wind with its honey-like earthy tone.  The smell of Santa Fe in the winter, full of enchantment and the spice-like magic of clean, campfire smoke settling in the valley at dusk.  Go there.

Growing up in Boulder, we went to New Mexico every spring break. I remember this scent well. During the 90's, I insisted that we burn piñon incense in our bedroom every night, here in Seattle where the scent is nonexistent. The white wall quickly turned brown, and my wife put a halt to the practice. I've missed the scent ever since. This is the perfect choice for a one-note scent.

5 328
 12-18-2016, 07:50 PM
User Info
The smell right before a rain shower.

39 3,917
 12-18-2016, 09:06 PM
User Info
I've got three for you.  

Western Sagebrush.  Would have to be careful with the strength but I love that scent.

Cottonwood Bud Resin. In the spring the black cottonwoods secrete a resin on their buds that smells to me of wonderful cologne.  I'm still trying to figure how to harvest that scent.

Aspen in fall.  Somebody do this please!

3 142
 12-18-2016, 09:32 PM
  • I.P.
User Info
I was thinking something like maple syrup and/or the note of fresh butter.

0 32
 12-18-2016, 11:51 PM
User Info
Just good old neroli. It's very expensive but just a solid, straight neroli soap would be great.

Also, authentic Mysore sandalwood. The AOS sandalwood is very, very close, but the real thing would be something.

16 1,027
 12-19-2016, 12:30 AM
User Info
Night-blooming Jasmine

Mexican Tuberose
Plumeria

2 25
 12-19-2016, 06:04 AM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
(12-18-2016, 11:51 PM)crazindndude Wrote: Just good old neroli. It's very expensive but just a solid, straight neroli soap would be great.

Also, authentic Mysore sandalwood. The AOS sandalwood is very, very close, but the real thing would be something.

Agree. I have several vintage C&E Mysore Sandalwood and it is a great scent. Better than the AoS, IMO.

59 2,702
 12-19-2016, 07:09 AM
User Info
(12-18-2016, 09:06 PM)Lipripper60 Wrote: I've got three for you.  

Western Sagebrush.  Would have to be careful with the strength but I love that scent.

Cottonwood Bud Resin. In the spring the black cottonwoods secrete a resin on their buds that smells to me of wonderful cologne.  I'm still trying to figure how to harvest that scent.

I love all of those scents and can picture each one in my mind.  They remind me of experiences of my life, fly fishing, hunting, childhood, great times.

74 2,240
 12-19-2016, 07:31 AM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
Almond tree blossoms
Cherry tree blossoms
Pomegranate

34 1,628
 12-19-2016, 07:44 AM
User Info
(12-18-2016, 09:06 PM)Lipripper60 Wrote: I've got three for you.  

I don't know what any of these smell like...but my curiosity sure is piqued!

8 910