01-02-2017, 08:13 PM
User Info
Case Mini CopperLock.  Not too small, not too big.  Single locking blade with nice clip point shape.  Available in a very wide variety of scales from dyed bone to various hard wearing synthetics if the traditional bone is a bit too old school for his personal tastes.  Most are stainless, but there is at least one carbon steel model available as well.

1 227
 03-11-2017, 07:46 PM
User Info
(12-18-2016, 02:45 PM)chromedometone Wrote: I had my old Scout material from 30 years ago that I will sit down and make him learn along with my father in law. Together we will show him what it really means to be " a man".  Pride and care for your items no matter if they were spendy or less expensive, pride in your proper handling of your tools to ensure your safety and the safety of everyone around you, and most of all the joy of using your hands to make something.... even if all it is is a pointy stick?

Honestly I think he is going to struggle with these issues his entire life and I do not want to be his father.  But i lost my father at young age.  We were close.  I was devastated. I know what it is like to then have no other male that had been in your life to step up and try to at least...well it doesn't matter.  
All good suggestions and I appreciate the advice.
Old thread I know but...

One day his cull Dad might be gone.  Your lessons will endure.  Teach him to respect women and elders while your at it.  Something that seems to be losing ground in today's culture along with the ability to listen.  Might not be among his Dad's stronger points either, eh?

You sir, are good.

1 92
 04-08-2017, 07:21 PM
User Info
I wish to change my mind about a knife to give.

You ought to give him an inexpensive knife. I was always losing things.

1 424
 05-09-2017, 06:07 AM
User Info
I am a big fan of gerbers.  safe, sharp, great value.

0 144
 05-11-2017, 07:45 PM
User Info
Spyderco makes great knives at great prices. Get a lot of knife (blade steel) for the money. The Delica is a great entry level knife Smile

6 23
 05-12-2017, 01:36 AM
User Info
[Image: 7860.900x0.jpeg]
OPINEL №7 "MY FIRST OPINEL"

0 7