12-20-2016, 08:18 PM
User Info
I bought a 9 blade sampler pack from tryablade. I will be using a Colonial General.

Could you please help me rank these blades in order starting with mildest to most aggressive? I want to try the mildest and work my way up

Kamisori
Kai - Captain Titan ProTouch MG
Kai - Captain Titan Mild
Kai - Captain Original
Kai - Captain Sharpblade
Feather - Professional
Feather - Pro Guard
Feather - Pro Super Blade
Feather - Pro Light

7 88
 12-21-2016, 02:24 AM
User Info
Bit of a debate on this one as people usual talk about smoothness as well.  People tend to prefer either the Kais or the Feathers.  I find the Kais smoother and the Feathers sharper, personally prefer the Kais (with one exception) but YMMV.

Haven't tried the Kamisori, Feather Prolights, or the Kai Protouch so can't comment on those.  The Kai Captain Milds IMO aren't sharp enough and are uncomfortable, but many like them.

The Kai Captain Originals and Kai Sharps are the sweet spot for me (very similar to me), with the Feather ProGuards quite nice as well.  The Feather Professional is slightly more aggressive than these 3, but that can be good thing if you are using a milder razor.  I regularly use all of these depending on which razor I'm using.

The Feather ProSuper is quite aggressive (the last one I would try).

53 1,199
 12-24-2016, 08:18 AM
User Info
Can someone attempt to put my list in order?

7 88
 12-24-2016, 08:36 AM
User Info
Kai mild
Kair original
Feather pro
Kai sharp
Feather pro super

Haven't tried the others but this would be my list of the ones I've tried

28 781
 12-24-2016, 09:09 AM
User Info
(12-24-2016, 08:36 AM)Safelysimpson Wrote: Kai mild
Kair original
Feather pro
Kai sharp
Feather pro super

Haven't tried the others but this would be my list of the ones I've tried

I think SafelySimpson has provided a good list. While not on his list (as he has not tried them) the two "guard" blades and the Feather Light will likely be the mildest three, blades in the middle may be up for debate, and Super Pro is certainly the most aggressive.

61 487
 12-24-2016, 09:22 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
The Feather Light blades likely will not fit (although I could be wrong).

46 18,369