12-22-2016, 04:38 AM
User Info
Good Day Gents,

Not that i need another strop but Tony and I had exchanged a few emails awhile back and I was asking about a different kind of ] strop and he came up with one he had did awhile ago and he named it "Grandpa's Strop" and the naming comes from the antiquing process that he does to give the strop a used and weathered look, the strop is made from Spanish Bridle and is 2.5" wide with a flax linen back piece and then 3-Ply handles, the leather is velvety smooth and has what I would call a medium/light draw.

If you are wanting one I would suggest you contact him as he only has a small amount of this leather left and said he most likely would not be able to get anymore.

[Image: v15c0vB.jpg]

[Image: ZpguDJJ.jpg]

6 1,121
 12-22-2016, 11:21 AM
User Info
It looks very much like my Tony Miller Hierloom 2 Horseide.

10 1,895
 12-22-2016, 01:01 PM
User Info
(12-22-2016, 11:21 AM)Jamie Mahoney Wrote: It looks very much like my Tony Miller Hierloom 2 Horseide.

Jamie,

I don't know leather but Tony said it's Spanish Bridle leather and the main stropping surface has more mottling due to the staining process and the handles and ends caps are stained black then have the stain worn away from the edges to give it a worn used look, the strop as far a performance has slightly more draw than the Premium steer hide he used to sell, the main reason I like it is the unique finishing process to make it look aged, the cost is pretty close to the rest of his products with the linen upgrade.

Here are some better pics of the handles, not necessarily better performance than other strops just a more unique look.

[Image: GClIWrq.jpg]
[Image: jSCDlhx.jpg]
[Image: MxxJoSw.jpg]
[Image: pSJjJiJ.jpg]

6 1,121
 12-22-2016, 07:02 PM
User Info
It's a beautiful strop William.  TM does great work.

41 4,596
 12-23-2016, 06:05 AM
User Info
(12-22-2016, 07:02 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: It's a beautiful strop William.  TM does great work.

Thank you Sir, i had inquired to Tony about the Spanish Bridle and he advised it came from a supplier in Spain and that's what they dubbed it, it is definitely more supple and velvety compared to say English Bridle, the Fast Bridle I have from him has a waxy fast draw where this one is slower and has some give and I am really liking it alot, going to use it solely for the next month to see how it breaks in.

6 1,121
 12-23-2016, 11:35 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Beautiful strop. I don't think one can have too many strops (or razors).

38 4,880