12-25-2016, 04:23 AM
User Info
Well i normally do my Old Spice Sunday with a vintage DE/SE razor but today wanted to do a special Christmas shave with some new products from Captains Choice.

Received a package from Scott and decided to do a quadruple products shave with my scent choice of sandalwood and i was not disappointed.

Razor: C-Mon HF
Strop:Kanayama
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 Best
Soap: Captains Choice Sandalwood
Cream: Captains Choice Sandalwood
Aftershave: Captains Choice Sandalwood
Balm: Captains Choice Sandalwood
Talc: Clubman

Was going to just use the cream from Cap'n Choice since it's a new product but decided to get the super shave with a snurdle of cream and soap as the base, love the sandalwood scent and even after a few hours the scent still is present and light, i always do a marco method on new soaps and creams to test how well it does with lots of water and for me it's a thirsty soap/cream but i like a very wet product as it serves me better using a straight.

Packaging: 9/10 ( Would like to see all products in glass)
Scent: 10/10
Cushion: 8/10 ( I think it could be better with more testing on my part)
Glide: 10/10
Post Shave: 10/10

Overall shave was excellent, i shave with a slightly runny soap/cream as I use a striaght and have better performance, did 2.5 passes for a pretty good BBS in most area's but then I don't go for the BBS, not worth the extra passes and possible irratation for just those few hours of BBS.

Post shave was outstanding, the balm is not a heavy greasy product and after using the soap/cream combo with a good splash of aftershave ( zero burn ) the balm just finished the shave off with a great smooth post shave feeling.

In closing Scott at Captains Choice has a great product and the newest line of cream is outstanging !!! the only thing I lacked was using one of his shave bowls but i don't have one, have looked at them several times but have yet to order one.

[Image: ML57lTs.jpg]

6 1,339
 12-25-2016, 06:41 AM
User Info
Thanks for a good review.  Scott's sandalwood scent is excellent, and I've been looking forward to the release of his shaving creams.

50 6,093