08-11-2012, 12:01 AM
User Info
The lady and I are considering going there in a few months for a week or so.

Has anyone ever vacationed there before? Where did you stay? What did you do? Did you like it?

I'm probably going to use Apple Vacations for an all-inclusive package and flight out with Frontier Airlines as their one of our clients at the airport I work at and offer direct flights.

40 5,830
 08-11-2012, 11:23 AM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
I have never been to the Caribbean but hope that if you do go, you'll report back on what you liked and what might not have been so great.

(Hey, I've seen those pictures of your lady and anywhere you are with her has to be a vacation! Wink )

2 11,211
 08-11-2012, 11:55 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
And how do we contact you on the beach when the site goes down.Biggrin

173 23,490
 08-11-2012, 12:06 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
(08-11-2012, 11:55 AM)Johnny Wrote: And how do we contact you on the beach when the site goes down.Biggrin

Um, Johnny, maybe we shouldn't be pushing our luck here. Cool

2 11,211
 08-11-2012, 01:20 PM
User Info
Andrew, a few of my friends in Ontario have been there, but that was some time ago and i presume things have changed since then.
They had a very good time with no issues whatsoever and they really recommended the Dominican Republic. i apologize for not being able to offer more, but good luck in your search and have a great vacation.

75 20,883
 08-11-2012, 01:31 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
(08-11-2012, 12:01 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: The lady and I are considering going there in a few months for a week or so.

Has anyone ever vacationed there before? Where did you stay? What did you do? Did you like it?

I'm probably going to use Apple Vacations for an all-inclusive package and flight out with Frontier Airlines as their one of our clients at the airport I work at and offer direct flights.

My Daughter in-law's entire family comes from DR and both her and my Son have been there several times. They say its fantastic and really geared for tourists without breaking the bank. Also if you like golf this is the place for it.

100 12,437
 08-11-2012, 01:42 PM
User Info
(08-11-2012, 11:23 AM)freddy Wrote: I have never been to the Caribbean but hope that if you do go, you'll report back on what you liked and what might not have been so great.

(Hey, I've seen those pictures of your lady and anywhere you are with her has to be a vacation! Wink )

I'll be sure to take lots of photos if we do go.

and thanks, I think I did pretty well. Biggrin

(08-11-2012, 11:55 AM)Johnny Wrote: And how do we contact you on the beach when the site goes down.Biggrin

I'm sure I'll have at least one or two laptops with me.

(08-11-2012, 01:20 PM)celestino Wrote: Andrew, a few of my friends in Ontario have been there, but that was some time ago and i presume things have changed since then.
They had a very good time with no issues whatsoever and they really recommended the Dominican Republic. i apologize for not being able to offer more, but good luck in your search and have a great vacation.

thanks!

(08-11-2012, 01:31 PM)slantman Wrote:
(08-11-2012, 12:01 AM)andrewjs18 Wrote: The lady and I are considering going there in a few months for a week or so.

My Daughter in-law's entire family comes from DR and both her and my Son have been there several times. They say its fantastic and really geared for tourists without breaking the bank. Also if you like golf this is the place for it.

good to know. I've heard great things about it as well.

now to see if its in the budget and whether or not we both have enough PTO from our work saved up.

40 5,830
 08-11-2012, 05:24 PM
User Info
I was there in January; Stayed at the Gran Bahia group of hotels.

Resort is very nice, beach and water top notch, food was just "ok" for me, but I am a very particular eater. A lot of good golf in the area. Not much to do if you leave the resort... good place for a week of R&R; very friendly locals.

3 315
 08-12-2012, 04:56 PM
User Info
As long as you report what type of shave products are available there.......have a good time!

0 241