08-11-2012, 12:40 AM
User Info
I've heard many controversial about parabens,SLS and other harsh chemicals,many manufacturers are doing this and the scent would have little to no difference between old and new formulations? Just like Proraso reformulated recently,It would be ok for me to try?

0 162
 08-11-2012, 04:04 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(08-11-2012, 12:40 AM)Latherandrazors Wrote: I've heard many controversial about parabens,SLS and other harsh chemicals,many manufacturers are doing this and the scent would have little to no difference between old and new formulations? Just like Proraso reformulated recently,It would be ok for me to try?

The Proraso cream is much better now than before the reformulation. The new version soothes and cools and protects the skin very well, and it gives fantastic lather. Don't be afraid to try it.

3 2,562
 08-17-2012, 04:56 AM
User Info
I disagree with Jeff, I like the old version of Proraso better. The new formulation is slicker but it lacks the cushion and strong menthol blast of the old version. Having said that you should definitely give it a try, it might be right up your alley. YMMV

0 433
 08-17-2012, 06:07 AM
  • daccpa
  • Weber fanboy
  • Middle Tennessee
User Info
(08-17-2012, 04:56 AM)cryhavoc Wrote: I disagree with Jeff, I like the old version of Proraso better. The new formulation is slicker but it lacks the cushion and strong menthol blast of the old version. Having said that you should definitely give it a try, it might be right up your alley. YMMV

I'm with Chavoc on this, I recently made a trade with Sharpspine my New for his Old as my preference is for the discontinued version and I thought I'd better stock up. Turns out he likes the new version better.

To me the scent is also different, a bit darker but that suits Sharpspine better while I like the old smell best.

I can actually see this being successfully offered as two separate products but obviously that is not to be, so I am having to accumulate mass quantities of another discontinued product just like I had to do with Floid Blue

18 281
 08-17-2012, 06:12 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I cleared out the old stuff mainly for convenience...the old and new tubes looked enough alike that I was afraid I would send the wrong version when I was in a hurry.

45 16,359
 08-17-2012, 08:28 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Im with Jeff : the Proraso formulation doesnt dry out my skin like the old one did.I have very dry skin and I can notice that.If you have regular/normal or oily skin,then you will be fine,with both the old or the new one,but with dry skin like mine,the new Proraso is much better than the old one,hands down.
So I m grateful to Ludovico Martelli for that reformulation.

86 7,124