12-29-2016, 09:29 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
I have never seen one of these before, and could find no reference to this stately looking and heavy-ish handled  pig bristle brush. Oddly, the handle gets a weird 'sticky' feeling to it if it is damp. I am not sure if it is celluloid, or whatever. It's not been lathed, judging by the seam down one side. I'd say it had a striped band around the centre, judging by the gap and pale area there.

Anyway, if you know more about it, please let me know Smile

[Image: NInQhMz.jpg]

0 1,731
 01-02-2017, 12:48 PM
User Info
(12-29-2016, 09:29 PM)Shaun Wrote: I have never seen one of these before, and could find no reference to this stately looking and heavy-ish handled  pig bristle brush. Oddly, the handle gets a weird 'sticky' feeling to it if it is damp. I am not sure if it is celluloid, or whatever. It's not been lathed, judging by the seam down one side. I'd say it had a striped band around the centre, judging by the gap and pale area there.

Thats an interesting one. I included a picture of the odd Culmak "Saloon" I have, which Ive been unable to find info on either. Mine came with a similar knot as yours but has been removed in favour of a new TGN 2band.
[Image: IMG_3730_zpsugzwyndq.jpg]

6 52
 01-03-2017, 03:12 AM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
(01-02-2017, 12:48 PM)Fireman Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 09:29 PM)Shaun Wrote: I have never seen one of these before, and could find no reference to this stately looking and heavy-ish handled  pig bristle brush. Oddly, the handle gets a weird 'sticky' feeling to it if it is damp. I am not sure if it is celluloid, or whatever. It's not been lathed, judging by the seam down one side. I'd say it had a striped band around the centre, judging by the gap and pale area there.

Thats an interesting one.  I included a picture of the odd Culmak "Saloon" I have, which Ive been unable to find info on either.  Mine came with a similar knot as yours but has been removed in favour of a new TGN 2band.
[Image: IMG_3730_zpsugzwyndq.jpg]
Very nice colour. I, too, have a Saloon, but the colours are blotchily yellow. Still a nice handle though. Solid.

0 1,731