01-01-2017, 10:18 AM
User Info
Offering cash for a BBS-1 titanium. Willing to pay premium for this.

I know it's probably not gonna happen, but want to put it out there.

Thanks!

16 230
 01-01-2017, 12:41 PM
User Info
I think we all want one of those.  Wink

1 97
 01-01-2017, 12:46 PM
User Info
Yes we do . But they are not easy to get  hold of same with wolfman as well.

2 315
 01-07-2017, 10:25 AM
User Info
I've owned both and highly advise against the Ti version... shave is no where near as smooth as the SS version. I say save yourself the money and trouble and get the SS.. sure it's difficult to get but still much easier than the Ti

10 770
 01-07-2017, 03:00 PM
User Info
(01-07-2017, 10:25 AM)snowman Wrote: I've owned both and highly advise against the Ti version... shave is no where near as smooth as the SS version. I say save yourself the money and trouble and get the SS.. sure it's difficult to get but still much easier than the Ti

Surprised to hear that. I've never had the chance to try a Ti Bbs-1 (but would love to own/try one) but I have both SS and Ti Wolfmans and the Ss version is not getting a look in, I much prefer the Ti version.

1 97
 01-07-2017, 04:49 PM
User Info
(01-07-2017, 03:00 PM)Rickenbacker Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 10:25 AM)snowman Wrote: I've owned both and highly advise against the Ti version... shave is no where near as smooth as the SS version. I say save yourself the money and trouble and get the SS.. sure it's difficult to get but still much easier than the Ti

Surprised to hear that. I've never had the chance to try a Ti Bbs-1 (but would love to own/try one) but I have both SS and Ti Wolfmans and the Ss version is not getting a look in, I much prefer the Ti version.

The majority of users I've talked to that own one agree with you on the titanium > SS. It's sad such a gorgeous razor won't see many Ti models till the SS list is caight up. Titanium more money....seems like no brainer from a sales and artesian sales point.

16 230
 01-07-2017, 05:36 PM
User Info

Titanium is nicer in the fact that it's much lighter yet feels solid in hand. I've noticed that the best combos are usually SS razor head and Ti handle.
I usually prefer lighter razor, around 8-100 grams. That's my max, 100 grams. Anymore than that and it gets really aggressive.

10 770
 01-07-2017, 06:48 PM
User Info
(01-07-2017, 04:49 PM)SimpleShave17 Wrote:

The majority of users I've talked to that own one agree with you on the titanium > SS. It's sad such a gorgeous razor won't see many Ti models till the SS list is caight up. Titanium more money....seems like no brainer from a sales and artesian sales point.

True about the sales part, but I am sure there is a good reason why they are not making more Ti vs SS. Like I said I was very disappointed in the Ti performance, it was very harsh. And like you said everyone I've talked to who owns one doesn't like it.. real shame. My advice to everyone who is looking for one is to focus on acquiring a SS version not Ti.. one thing I'll admit is the Ti handle works like a charm with the SS head!

10 770
 01-07-2017, 08:56 PM
User Info
This was the answer from John when I asked him about a Ti version:I wish I could still sell the titanium ones, but the machinist has put the kibosh on those for the time being, as they're too expensive to make and too hard on the machines. Smile

1 97
 01-07-2017, 10:20 PM
User Info

Really, Jack? 

Is the Ti more aggressive in your experience?

The SS BBS-1 is still probably one, if not the most enigmatic razor I know. What a beauty.

10 1,149
 01-08-2017, 05:50 AM
User Info
(01-07-2017, 10:20 PM)1Geralt Wrote:

Really, Jack? 

Is the Ti more aggressive in your experience?

The SS BBS-1 is still probably one, if not the most enigmatic razor I know. What a beauty.

Not necessarily aggressive, just really harsh!! Though when I looked at both very closely, I did notice the exposure to be very slightly bigger on the Ti

10 770
 01-10-2017, 11:30 AM
User Info
There was a Ti BBS-1 for sale elsewhere last week.  The guy was asking for what he paid.  It pained me that I had to pass.

I bought my Wolfman before it really became known that metals other than SS were an option.  I wish I had gone with Ti myself, given the fact that my SS version has developed rust spots on more than one occasion.

9 329
 01-10-2017, 11:38 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(01-10-2017, 11:30 AM)repete66219 Wrote: There was a Ti BBS-1 for sale elsewhere last week.  The guy was asking for what he paid.  It pained me that I had to pass.

I bought my Wolfman before it really became known that metals other than SS were an option.  I wish I had gone with Ti myself, given the fact that my SS version has developed rust spots on more than one occasion.

Are you sure it's not the blade that caused that? I always clean my razor thoroughly at the end of each shave, I never leave the blade inside without cleaning it from the soap residue...

49 1,940
 01-10-2017, 11:43 AM
User Info
I suspect it's the blade too, I've had it on my Ti as well when I've been slack and left the blade in for a few days.

1 97
 01-10-2017, 11:54 AM
User Info
(01-10-2017, 11:38 AM)nikos.a Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 11:30 AM)repete66219 Wrote: There was a Ti BBS-1 for sale elsewhere last week.  The guy was asking for what he paid.  It pained me that I had to pass.

Are you sure it's not the blade that caused that? I always clean my razor thoroughly at the end of each shave, I never leave the blade inside without cleaning it from the soap residue...

I believe the rust was caused by galvanic corrosion.  In that respect, it was the blade that caused it, but the rust was on the razor itself.

I rinse my razor very well.  Usually when using the Wolfman I'll give it a "water displacement" dip in alcohol as well.  I have no interest in removing the blade every time I shave.

9 329
 01-10-2017, 12:52 PM
User Info

I've heardbthe Ti BBS-1 is not as smooth as the SS from another source as well. In fact, when I bought mine I had the option to buy the Ti OR the SS, and based on a few sources agreeing on the smoothness, I went with SS. 

I also own SS and Ti Wolfman razors . 2 stainless OC (standard gap & "Turn't up") and Ti SB and OC (both standard gap). The Ti OC is not nearly as smooth as the SS OC, however, the Ti SB is very very smooth. Makes me want to try the SS version heh

7 305
 01-10-2017, 12:56 PM
User Info

I loosen the cap slightly so the blade is still arced, and dip it in alcohol after I'm done rinsing it off, then blow through the cap sideways. The alcohol will help displace and evaporate the residual water that's causing the rust. Haven't had any signs of rust in the 2 years I've had the SS.

7 305
 01-10-2017, 01:10 PM
User Info
(01-10-2017, 12:56 PM)vigilantesd Wrote:

I loosen the cap slightly so the blade is still arced, and dip it in alcohol after I'm done rinsing it off, then blow through the cap sideways. The alcohol will help displace and evaporate the residual water that's causing the rust. Haven't had any signs of rust in the 2 years I've had the SS.

I believe only blades with the wax dots will cause the problem.  That's been my experience anyway.  I wouldn't think wax would carry a charge, which is necessary for the corrosion to occur, but I lack the necessary equipment and know-how to conduct a meaningful experiment.  For good measure, I've been rinsing my Wolfman in alcohol no matter what blade I use.

9 329
 01-10-2017, 01:42 PM
User Info
(01-10-2017, 01:10 PM)repete66219 Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 12:56 PM)vigilantesd Wrote:

I believe only blades with the wax dots will cause the problem.  That's been my experience anyway.  I wouldn't think wax would carry a charge, which is necessary for the corrosion to occur, but I lack the necessary equipment and know-how to conduct a meaningful experiment.  For good measure, I've been rinsing my Wolfman in alcohol no matter what blade I use.
I don't remember which blade it was, but I did get some tea stains on an ATT head, I got the stain off with 'Barkeeper's Friend', but I've been on the dip-in-alcohol-no-matter-what team ever since then.

7 305
 01-22-2017, 01:21 PM
User Info
Still looking. Willing to pay well for perfect shape titanium bbs-1. Don't mind throwing in partial trades either if someone wants to go that route.

Thanks everyone!

16 230