01-02-2017, 06:57 AM
  • beamon
  • Greenville, SC USA
User Info
http://www.coldriversoapworks.com isn't responding for me for the last couple of days. Anyone know if there is a problem?

0 363
 01-02-2017, 07:01 AM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
I don't suspect a problem. Larry has had the site down before for changes.

59 4,500
 01-02-2017, 07:04 AM
User Info
As per CRSW discussion thread, post #560, Larry is unavailable for a few days, presumably busy with the new packaging.

31 5,293
 01-02-2017, 07:36 AM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
Nevermind

59 2,824
 01-02-2017, 07:45 AM
  • beamon
  • Greenville, SC USA
User Info
(01-02-2017, 07:04 AM)Optometrist Wrote: As per CRSW discussion thread, post #560, Larry is unavailable for a few days, presumably busy with the new packaging.
Thanks, David. I saw that thread but it mentions Larry's not being available for a few days and others speculate what he's up to, but it doesn't say anything about his website being down.

0 363
 01-02-2017, 08:51 AM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
I would think its all part of the same project/process. We will find out in a week or so.

59 2,824
 01-02-2017, 09:01 AM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
Could also be doing year-end inventory, etc. Not uncommon.

Cheers, Steve

7 527
 01-02-2017, 09:08 AM
User Info
I'm curious as to why the website was taken down, entirely. Wouldn't it have been less worrying for customers to have simply put up an "under construction," or "we'll be back soon" message?

3 196
 01-02-2017, 09:17 AM
User Info
(01-02-2017, 09:08 AM)TropicalHotDog Wrote: I'm curious as to why the website was taken down, entirely. Wouldn't it have been less worrying for customers to have simply put up an "under construction," or "we'll be back soon" message?

Agreed.

A more professional approach would be to have a sign just saying 

"Dear valued customer, our website is currently down for maintenance, the shop will be up and running 110% full speed with new and exciting products in 4-5 days time. Please visit us then. Have a great day, you can expect great things from CRSW in 2017"

24 5,969
 01-02-2017, 09:26 AM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
(01-02-2017, 09:17 AM)CHSeifert Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 09:08 AM)TropicalHotDog Wrote: I'm curious as to why the website was taken down, entirely. Wouldn't it have been less worrying for customers to have simply put up an "under construction," or "we'll be back soon" message?

Agreed.

"Dear valued customer, our website is currently down for maintenance, the shop will be up and running 110% full speed with new and exciting products in 4-5 days time. Please visit us then. Have a great day, you can expect great things from CRSW in 2017"

Claus, I had no idea you were in Marketing!!!  Smile  Biggrin

59 2,824
 01-02-2017, 10:48 AM
User Info

Agreed.

He tried that but some guys found a way in the back door and started posting urls, taking screen shots of what they saw, telling people what they were seeing. Larry got tired of it and took down the website.

One thing I think everyone should remember in this thread and all the others is that these are PEOPLE you guys are talking about. I know they are passionate about what they do and take pride in what they have created. The complaining and many of the comments from people is out of line. I'm sure Larry and Audrey have seen some of the remarks. I've talked with Larry a few times on the phone and just recently this weekend, he's a very nice guy, humble and gracious. I'm sure that whatever they come out with will be great!

0 90
 01-02-2017, 11:44 AM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
I think it's God telling you to not give up on Cella!

1 795
 01-02-2017, 12:18 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I have yet to read a comment that is out of line... People have questions because they're fans of this brand, they love Larry's products. Otherwise, there would be no comments on his new venture.
The fact that I prefer the tins to the new packaging is irrelevant. If he decided to change the formula, I am sure the soaps will be as good as they are now, if not better. Every brand needs a refreshing once in a while. Larry felt that this is the right time. I'm also sure that he knows what he is doing. We just need to be patient and wait. Time will tell.

49 1,999
 01-02-2017, 01:02 PM
  • beamon
  • Greenville, SC USA
User Info
(01-02-2017, 12:18 PM)nikos.a Wrote: I have yet to read a comment that is out of line... 
CORRECTOMUNDO! I started this much misunderstood thread and had no thoughts or comments on his new line and/or containers. I wanted to go to Larry's website for what most do when going to a vendor's website... In this case, to make a purchase!    Artisan = Manufacturer, Me = Customer   Simple!, but I must dispel a misconception about artisans, They do not put their pants on one leg at a time... They jump into them both feet at once!

0 363
 01-02-2017, 01:17 PM
User Info
(01-02-2017, 10:48 AM)gRider Wrote:

Agreed.

He tried that but some guys found a way in the back door and started posting urls, taking screen shots of what they saw, telling people what they were seeing. Larry got tired of it and took down the website.

One thing I think everyone should remember in this thread and all the others is that these are PEOPLE you guys are talking about. I know they are passionate about what they do and take pride in what they have created. The complaining and many of the comments from people is out of line. I'm sure Larry and Audrey have seen some of the remarks. I've talked with Larry a few times on the phone and just recently this weekend, he's a very nice guy, humble and gracious. I'm sure that whatever they come out with will be great!
This is the credited response. Those of you making "suggestions" need to TAKE IT EASY. I've had enough of the critiquing of EVERY little detail. "Changing the formula would be a disaster." "The plastic tubs are a bad move." " The website should NOT be taken down, but instead there should be a polite message saying xxxxxx..." 

I realize TSN is supposed to be a place for thoughtful discussion on products, but some of you get far too worked up over the littlest change and it's becoming tiring to read. Go look in the mirror and critique yourselves for a bit.

160 1,038
 01-02-2017, 01:32 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I think the website is down as a show of support for those of us who have foolishly committed not to buy any shave gear during 2017...

6 354
 01-02-2017, 01:43 PM
User Info

Agreed.

I have emailed with Larry several times, and respect him 120%

I own dozens of his soaps, they are fantastic.

Yet I still find it odd to take the whole site down instead of just explaining what's going on.

If people look 'behind the door' to the website - just take it all down as Larry did. Remove it completely until he's ready for the new launch.

Then put 1, as in one, site up, explaining what's going on. Just a basic blank page written in textpad explaining what's going on.

That's it.

24 5,969
 01-02-2017, 01:53 PM
User Info
(01-02-2017, 01:32 PM)pbrmhl Wrote: I think the website is down as a show of support for those of us who have foolishly committed not to buy any shave gear during 2017...

Yes, this is probably it.

Thank you, Larry. Now I just want to buy more of your products when they go back on sale. Please bring back the gorgeous coffrets.

11 1,169
 01-02-2017, 08:20 PM
User Info
(01-02-2017, 01:17 PM)nervosa1901 Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 09:17 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: Agreed.

This is the credited response. Those of you making "suggestions" need to TAKE IT EASY. I've had enough of the critiquing of EVERY little detail. "Changing the formula would be a disaster." "The plastic tubs are a bad move." " The website should NOT be taken down, but instead there should be a polite message saying xxxxxx..." 

I realize TSN is supposed to be a place for thoughtful discussion on products, but some of you get far too worked up over the littlest change and it's becoming tiring to read. Go look in the mirror and critique yourselves for a bit.

Oh please, just go take a break if the discussion is too much for you.

Back to the topic at hand: Claus - I think you had the most relevant suggestion. A simple message stating what's happening, and when to expect the site to re-open would have been prudent.

28 1,096
 01-02-2017, 08:59 PM
User Info
(01-02-2017, 08:20 PM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: Back to the topic at hand: Claus - I think you had the most relevant suggestion. A simple message stating what's happening, and when to expect the site to re-open would have been prudent.

This seems like common sense. I can't imagine not doing this, if I was an online retailer. Well, i'm sure it will be forgotten as soon as the site is back up.

40 1,166