01-04-2017, 10:49 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
I was born the same year as the "original action man" and he was an integral part of my childhood.
I have many GI Joe 12" action figures. Mostly from the 40th and 45th Anniversary series, as well as FAO Schwartz LE. (Sadly, none of my originals from the 1960's). Pretty much all new in box. Just wondering if anyone else collected or is interested in buying/trading.

Sadly, no 50th anniversary series was launched in 2014. Not enough interest, so the company said.....:-(

169 1,420
 01-07-2017, 06:00 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
Sad  nobody??

169 1,420
 01-07-2017, 06:19 AM
User Info
I had some when I was younger and tried to keep up a collection. House burnt down in 2000 and everything I had collected from comic books, to base ball cards to Gi Joe's were lost. Just never got back into anything. Now I just collect shot glasses and wet shave.

148 3,569
 01-11-2017, 10:15 AM
  • vuk
  • Virginia
User Info
I'm not really a collector but was a child of the 80's and had a bunch of the vehicles & action figures. I remember playing with the Tomahawk helicopter which was pretty cool.
There's a box in my parents attic somewhere that has all my Joes, Transformers, HeMen, Thundercats, unless my nieces & nephews have gotten to them. Next time I visit them I'll find it and grab a couple to display on a bookshelf or something for the nostalgia factor.

I still have my original NES too and I see they are selling a retro classic version of it now.

2 517
 01-13-2017, 05:12 AM
User Info
I collected Action Man the original purchased my first one in 1965 as I grew up in the 60s I remember I had quite a few only purchased the ones with the blonde painted hair because I had blonde hair myself as a kid, if you collected 21 stars from their gear and uniforms you could stick them on a card supplied with the figures send the full card back in and you would recieve a new action man, I often look at them on Ebay with thoughts of buying one.

11 1,944
 01-13-2017, 09:45 AM
User Info
My wife's grandmother  still has her father and uncles. They are the taller versions with actual uniforms and lockers. All are still in their original packing. Can only imagine what those things are worth now.

148 3,569
 01-14-2017, 06:51 PM
  • JRRIII
  • Blossoming Addict
  • East Coast
User Info
I still have a few totes of them from when I was a kid! I think it a shame you can still get them from the toy store, I have so many fond memories of going to the toy store into the GI joe section! I would be interested to see some pics if you decide to post any

8 497