08-11-2012, 11:36 AM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
Prairie Creations is open once again.
http://www.prairie-creations.com/store/index.php

Because I do offer so many scents I have split my scents down into multiple listings. I have a lot more scents not listed as I tried to reduce the options at one time. But I will be adding more scents in. If you would like a certain scent and I don’t have it, please ask me. I may be able to find it and if I think it would be a good seller I may purchase it for you and my store. Scent is a very personal thing and while one person may love it, another will feel so-so about it and another will flat out hate it. So that is why I offer so many, so there is something for everyone. I do offer a written scent description for each scent and that can be found on the right side of my webstore page in the box marked Information. So that may also help you decide what is right for you.
Unscented,
Essential Oils,
Scents A – D
Scents E – L
Scents M - Z

I am currently working on a pre-shave soap that is cold process soap. I will be looking through past threads as well as SOTD posts to see who uses a pre-shave soap to decide who I will PM to ask if they will test this for me. So if you don’t have your location posted on your profile and you want to be considered as a tester please add that in. Because of shipping times overseas I will be looking at those who are in the US and Canada for my testers.

I also make fabulous pre-shave oil that has gotten lots of good feedback from customers and my testers. It not your average pre-shave oil that just contains oil, I also add another ingredient that helps cut the oiliness of the oils used. Very much like the Musgo pre-shave oil, without the high cost. I decided to make mine this way because a pre-shave oil is simple to make with regular easy to acquire oils but it’s that other special ingredient that makes mine different. I also leave mine unscented so it will work with any scent you want to use for shaving soap/cream and cologne/balms later. Or for those who are sensitive to scents or menthol.

I also make an alcohol free Aftershave Balm that is quite popular with the gents. This can be left unscented or scented depending on your preference or needs. I use many wonderful skin loving oils and other luxury ingredients to benefit your skin even further post shave.

My tallow & lanolin shaving soap is really popular! I have it in the jars as well as I will be adding shave sticks and pucks back to my site. I also have purchased glycerin shaving soap as well, and I may add that in as well. I will also be adding a non-tallow shaving soap for those that don’t want animal products.

I am also adding in shaving soaps that are made with some of your favorite adult beverages. These will be pre-made, scented, packaged and ready to be shipped. The ones made with beer the brand will vary batch to batch to use a variety of beers. If you have a suggestion for one please let me know and I will see if I can get it. The beer soaps will have beer as the only liquid used in it. I have also just made a shaving soap with Captain Morgan Spiced Rum. The rum is the 5th ingredient used out of 13 so it’s more than just a little splash to add label appeal. The rum soaps will be scented with both Spiced Rum as well as Bay Rum. But look out as I will be using other adult beverages in the future!

I will be offering a couple of different shaving creams. Two will be more a softer cream, the type found in tubes, while two will be a little thicker like the creams found in jars. Emu Oil & Avocado Oil Shaving Cream
KISS Shaving Cream (keeping it simple & straightforward)
Tallow Shaving Cream
Shea Shaving Cream

I am also working on shampoo bars. I have made them in the past and got great reviews from those that tested. But I want to tweak my recipe a tad and like the pre-shave soaps I will be looking for Nook members as testers.

I make wonderful cold process bath soaps! I have learned how to make wonderful bath soaps, I not only make them, but I also am admin on a soap forum that teaches these things to others. I offer both scented and unscented and I use a variety of liquids to make the soap. So it’s not just water, but also coconut milk, goats, milk, beer, freshly squeezed juices the sky is the limit. I limit the use of coconut oil and palm kernel oil because if used in higher percents the soap will be drying to your skin. I also use more castor oil than the average soaper because it adds to the lather and the moisturizing properties of the soap. So it's all about a balanced recipe to get an awesome bar of soap! If you’re looking for something in particular, please just ask and I will see what I can come up with for you. For those that want to save money I also offer you the option to buy the whole batch at a discounted rate! Pre-cut to make shipping easier for you or even round soap!

I also make exfoliating sugar scrubs. Mine are different than what many make because I do not just use oil and water which can feel like an oil slick on the skin. Instead I use emulsifiers to bind the oil with the water when you use it. So your skin feels freshly lotioned when you get out of the shower/bath. I also will be adding in solid bubble bath and if you have used the bubble bars from LUSH you will love what I created. I will also be adding bath salts and bath bombs.

I make all my own lotions and creams from scratch and offer several different types. For those instead of water I use aloe vera juice to benefit the skin even more. Check them out if you’re a lotion or a cream user.

I also make lip balms which I have gotten a lot of compliments on. I’m a bit of a lip balm snob myself so I kept using different ingredients in different amounts until I created this one which I love! I have multiple flavor oils to use as well.

I offer flat rate shipping for larger orders as well as first class shipping for lighter smaller orders! I will ship internationally but the flat rate shipping does not apply. Please see the front page of my website for more details about that if that is a concern for you.

So I offer something for everyone…..
If you have questions, please ask them here or send me a private message or an email.

I’ll see you around the forum!
Krissy

7 405
 08-11-2012, 12:04 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Honest officer, that's my shave cream you smell. I have not been drinking.Biggrin

I like the KISS cream and look forward to trying the other creams you mentioned. Unscented of course.Blush

173 23,484
 08-11-2012, 02:22 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
I am looking forward to your shave creams. Give us a heads up when all your new goodies are for sale.

100 12,436
 08-11-2012, 02:30 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Those shampoo bars sound great. I'm also looking forward to the arrival of my bath soaps. Smile

2 11,211
 08-11-2012, 04:24 PM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
Wow!
that is quite a bit of variety, Krissy Smile

9 1,684
 08-11-2012, 05:56 PM
User Info
Hows about a tobacco leaf or Alt Innsbruck knock off soap?

9 1,199
 08-11-2012, 06:33 PM
User Info
Krissy, do you remember which shave cream was used for the "Freeze your face off" menthol testers we tried and reported on DFS? That was one of the best shave creams I have used.

0 241
 08-11-2012, 08:48 PM
  • Craig
  • Not a ragin Cajun; a mild mannered one
  • Astoria, NYC
User Info
Let this be my official request for a root beer scented soap.

6 119
 08-12-2012, 07:02 AM
User Info
Ah, Krissy, out to change the face of the NorthAm wet shavers' lunatic asylum! Clap

I'm looking forward to working my way through some of your product lines in the future. Cool Keep 'em coming! Smile

0 554
 08-12-2012, 12:08 PM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
(08-11-2012, 05:56 PM)CyanideMetal Wrote: Hows about a tobacco leaf or Alt Innsbruck knock off soap?

I know I can get this one, I haven't used it yet but it does have some good reviews. Does that sound like something you might like to try?

When most people think of the smell of tobacco, they think of cigarette smoke or cigar tobacco. However, a real tobacco plant smells like neither of these. Our true tobacco plant fragrance is described as a fresh, citrus top with juniper berries and woodsy notes of vetiver. This wonderful scent begins with top notes of lemon, orange, and verbena;. followed by middle notes of juniper berry and hay; all sitting on base notes of labdanum, vetiver, and tobacco.

Dupes of certain colognes and scents are harder because it depends if it's popular enough for them to do that. I don't think I will be able to find one like Alt Innsbruck but I sure can look.

(08-11-2012, 06:33 PM)Ecosse Wrote: Krissy, do you remember which shave cream was used for the "Freeze your face off" menthol testers we tried and reported on DFS? That was one of the best shave creams I have used.

I should still have my notes so YES I will be bringing that one back as well!!!!!! For those that like their menthol kick, but I may have those pre-made ahead of time to make it simpler.

(08-11-2012, 08:48 PM)Craig Wrote: Let this be my official request for a root beer scented soap.

Well you and my son are in the same boat. He LOVES his root beer!!! A friend of ours who collects root beer mugs gave him a root beer mug from a local pizza place and he keeps that in the freezer for his weekend (root) beer! He's allowed one on Saturday and one Sunday and maybe on during the week for special occasions. And your in luck because there is actually a fragrance oil for root beer that I can get. So that was one I had planned on getting because I got his sister her favorite which is Mountain Dew! I soaped that one HERE and it contains actual mountain dew soda and not just the scent!

So here is another question for ya'll.............
I have a LOT of scents. Would you prefer to keep it the list smaller to the scents that I think ya'll would want like it is now. Or would you like to have all my options available to you? So you can pick what really suits you and what you might like? Some people like a lot of scents listed while others get overwhelmed by the number of choices.

This is one that I have gone over myself left and right but prefer to get your opinion on the subject since you would be the buyer.

Also do you like keeping the essential oils and unscented separate as well to make them easier to find and apart from the others.

And how it's done now, where the product is on the left side of the page but when you click on it it's divided out into the various scent options. Is that easy to follow or does it make it to complicated? I decided to split the fragrances up because there were just so many on the drop down menu and it seemed just too long. So the lists are shorter now which makes it easier to read and find things. But scents can also be read about on the description page as well.

Feel free to post your thoughts here, PM me or email me directly as I would like to get your feedback and thoughts.

7 405
 08-12-2012, 02:26 PM
User Info
(08-12-2012, 12:08 PM)krissy Wrote:
(08-11-2012, 05:56 PM)CyanideMetal Wrote: Hows about a tobacco leaf or Alt Innsbruck knock off soap?

I know I can get this one, I haven't used it yet but it does have some good reviews. Does that sound like something you might like to try?

When most people think of the smell of tobacco, they think of cigarette smoke or cigar tobacco. However, a real tobacco plant smells like neither of these. Our true tobacco plant fragrance is described as a fresh, citrus top with juniper berries and woodsy notes of vetiver. This wonderful scent begins with top notes of lemon, orange, and verbena;. followed by middle notes of juniper berry and hay; all sitting on base notes of labdanum, vetiver, and tobacco.

Dupes of certain colognes and scents are harder because it depends if it's popular enough for them to do that. I don't think I will be able to find one like Alt Innsbruck but I sure can look.

Hey, Krissy.

When my grandfather was alive, he ran a tobacco farm. I can still smell the barns where the tobacco leaves were hanging to dry. Yep, that's the smell exactly as you described. Not a dirty ashtray.Tongue I would really love to smell that again. Nothing compares.

I agree that so many choices on your site can be overwhelming, but I always like a good variety to pick from. So, I would vote to keep it as you have it now. Besides, reading your scent lists is like going to Home Depot. I'm always finding things there I never knew existed before.

9 1,199
 08-12-2012, 07:26 PM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
I'll order some the next time I place an order with that company. In the mean time I'll be on the look out for other tobacco options as well. Hopefully it's what you remember of even very close.

7 405
 08-12-2012, 07:28 PM
User Info
(08-12-2012, 07:26 PM)krissy Wrote: I'll order some the next time I place an order with that company. In the mean time I'll be on the look out for other tobacco options as well. Hopefully it's what you remember of even very close.

Cool

9 1,199
 08-13-2012, 03:45 PM
  • Craig
  • Not a ragin Cajun; a mild mannered one
  • Astoria, NYC
User Info
PM sent for root beer soap!

6 119
 08-13-2012, 04:39 PM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
I am planning my order so I will be including tobacco and root beer on it!

7 405
 08-13-2012, 08:23 PM
User Info
Thanks, Krissy!

For the tobacco, do you use FO, EO or absolute? It doesn't matter at all. I'm just curious.

Thanks again and welcome back.

(08-13-2012, 04:39 PM)krissy Wrote: I am planning my order so I will be including tobacco and root beer on it!

9 1,199
 08-13-2012, 08:43 PM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
it is a FO, If I did order an absolute but i would have to add on the extra cost to the cost of the soap. The cost of the absolute are about $44 (plus shipping) for 15 mil that's about the average from a couple sites i looked at. So it's quite expensive and one would have to justify the cost.

7 405
 08-22-2012, 08:37 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
Very much looking forward to the Pre-Shave Soap as well as the shampoo bars! I'm a huge fan and use some sort of both every day.

Aside from that, everything you are creating looks delicious!
I can't decide....Confused !

6 905
 08-22-2012, 08:44 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Whenever you can't decide, get one of each Biggrin

88 4,233
 08-22-2012, 09:05 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Krissy used me as one of her test mules for the pre-shave soap. I can report that after several days of using this product I will reorder when this puck gets low.

Does a nice job of cleaning, but the big plus for me is the condition it leaves my skin in. Some dry patches are starting to disappear.

173 23,484