10-03-2017, 03:28 AM
User Info
my oldest son is 21 and has autism. so i give him his shaves. he enjoys it and likes aqua velva a/s. it is also valuable father/ son time. i love doing it for him. and you can't put a price on our time together...

0 7
 10-03-2017, 07:33 AM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
(10-03-2017, 03:28 AM)sgtfriday Wrote: my oldest son is 21 and has autism. so i give him his shaves. he enjoys it and likes aqua velva a/s. it is also valuable father/ son time. i love doing it for him. and you can't put a price on our time together...

This is nice to hear. I'm somewhat envious of your father-son time. My daughters definitely are not interested in shaving with me. They only ask Mom to do lady stuff with them. Not that I want to or are qualified to do "lady stuff," but it would be nice to be asked once in a while to spend some time together. Me? I'm there for occasional advice and "fixing" things. When they were younger it was truly "things" that I would fix, now I'm only needed to fix/help "problems."

Do you use lather and blade or electric with your son? Is he able to learn to shave himself? I ask because my next door neighbor's 14 year old son is a person with autism, and he needs to learn to shave. The father's a dopey jerk with limited patience and seems incapable of teaching the young man to shave. I want to suggest they teach him to shave with an electric razor so he can master an important life skill. But I'm only the neighbor and don't want to overstep boundaries.

7 2,293