01-07-2017, 05:00 PM
User Info
Hi all,

My Grandma passed away this week and when my Mom and Aunt were going through her house they found my Grandpa's shaving brush and gave it to me today. 

I have no idea what it is, or anything about it. I don't see any markings on it other than the design that you see in the photo. I think it's Badger but I'm not 100% sure. My Grandpa passed away 16 years ago so it's at least that old.

I'm going to clean it tonight and use it tomorrow morning. Regardless of the information that I find out it's my most prized Brush (keeping fingers crossed that it performs well).

Does anyone know what kind of Brush it is or have any information about it?

Thanks Troy 

[Image: ISgKIAp.jpg]

1 91
 01-07-2017, 05:24 PM
User Info
No idea. But think of your grandfather fondly every time you bring it to your face.
It is a pretty neat looking handle.

90 904
 01-08-2017, 02:50 AM
User Info
No idea, but that handle looks sick!!! 

Should the thought arise that you like it, but hate the hair, there are options. It could be possible to remove the existing knot, and put any knot of your choosing in it. I'm not saying you should, because gramps and all, but he may have even liked a really nice knot Wink

I hope it works great as is, it looks really cool!

7 330
 01-08-2017, 06:47 AM
User Info
[Image: zF9pC2q.jpg]

By the color, shape and the gold retaining ring, my first guess would be a Butterfly shaving brush. A very nice wooden handle boar bristle brush made in China. Definitely a keeper coming from family!  Thumbup

0 596
 01-08-2017, 11:16 AM
User Info
Thanks for the comments guys.

It's a keeper for sure. I cleaned it last night and used it this morning. Love the handle. Here's a photo of it in action using Williams Mug (as I figure that's what he would have used) and I used my Grandmother's bowl as a shaving bowl and it worked out well too.

[Image: ylcemyC.jpg]

1 91
 01-08-2017, 11:24 AM
User Info
Glad it works so well! Something about using something from family that makes it priceless.  Cool

0 596