01-09-2017, 04:45 PM
User Info
Looking at my collection, I thought it would be good fun to hear what your favourite cream and soap brands are ?

What brands do you prefer to have in your den - artisan or not, it doesn't matter.

I made a rough count and these are my favourite brands (brands I own most from) in my den.

Barrister & Mann: I own 28 shaving soaps from B&M, and have further 3 incoming, so a total of 31 from B&M
Cold River Soap Works: I own a total of 19 shaving soaps from CRWS, including soap base v1, v2 and Oliva. I plan on buying all 5 soaps from the new lne soon.
Caties Bubbles: I own a total of 15 shaving soaps from CB and will add further to this in 2017
Mike's Natural: I own a total of 9 Mike's Natural, and plan on adding 3-4 more soaps in 2017.
Tabula Rasa: I own the entire line of Tabula Rasa shaving soap/croaps, including two limited edition version, 12 in total
Meißner Tremonia: I own a a total of 16 soaps from MT, 8 pastes and 8 soaps. Will add further 2-4 in 2017
Saponificio Varesino: I own a total of 8 SV soaps, and will buy 2 more in 2017
Wickham 1912: I own all 8 Wickham 1912, and will buy more as soon as they are released.
Phoenix & Beau: I own a total of 8 P&B soaps.
Mondial (made by TFS): I own a total of 8 Mondial soaps, and will add further 2 in 2017. Also own 6 tubes of cream from them.
Le Pére Lucien: I own a total of 9 LPL soaps, and will soon add 1 more to this.
Truefitt & Hill: I own the entire line of TF&H shaving creams, I own no soaps from them
Geo F. Trumper: I own the entire line of GFT shaving creams, I own no soaps from them
Taylor of Old Bond Street: I own the entire line of TOBS shaving creams, I own 2 hard soaps from them
DR Harris: I own the entire line of DR Harris shaving creams, the entire line of DR Harris shaving soaps and all 6 shaving sticks. Except the unscented shaving soap.
Penhaligon: I own 4 of their creams and 2 of their soaps
Castle Forbes: I own all 3
Esbjerg: I own all 5
St. James: I own all 5
Klar Seifen: I own all 5 soaps
Haslinger: I own 4 soaps from them.
Nuavia: I own all 3.
MDC: Only own 3, but have a pending order for 2 more.
Musgo Real: Own all 6 creams

That's about it.

Let me hear your favourite brands in your den !!

24 5,962
 01-09-2017, 05:45 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
For me, this is easy (as long as I only have to name one of each):

Soap: Nuavia
Cream: Wm Neumann

6 345
 01-09-2017, 05:49 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(01-09-2017, 04:45 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: Looking at my collection, I thought it would be good fun to hear what your favourite cream and soap brands are ?

What brands do you prefer to have in your den - artisan or not, it doesn't matter.

I made a rough count and these are my favourite brands (brands I own most from) in my den.

Barrister & Mann: I own 28 shaving soaps from B&M, and have further 3 incoming, so a total of 31 from B&M
Cold River Soap Works: I own a total of 19 shaving soaps from CRWS, including soap base v1, v2 and Oliva. I plan on buying all 5 soaps from the new lne soon.
Caties Bubbles: I own a total of 15 shaving soaps from CB and will add further to this in 2017
Mike's Natural: I own a total of 9 Mike's Natural, and plan on adding 3-4 more soaps in 2017.
Tabula Rasa: I own the entire line of Tabula Rasa shaving soap/croaps, including two limited edition version, 12 in total
Meißner Tremonia: I own a a total of 16 soaps from MT, 8 pastes and 8 soaps. Will add further 2-4 in 2017
Wickham 1912: I own all 8 Wickham 1912, and will buy more as soon as they are released.
Mondial (made by TFS): I own a total of 8 Mondial soaps, and will add further 2 in 2017. Also own 6 tubes of cream from them.
Truefitt & Hill: I own the entire line of TF&H shaving creams, I own no soaps from them
Geo F. Trumper: I own the entire line of GFT shaving creams, I own no soaps from them
Taylor of Old Bond Street: I own the entire line of TOBS shaving creams, I own 2 hard soaps from them
DR Harris: I own the entire line of DR Harris shaving creams, the entire line of DR Harris shaving soaps and all 6 shaving sticks. Except the unscented shaving soap.

That's about it.

Seriously, Claus!?!
Wow, lol.

102 18,647
 01-09-2017, 06:05 PM
User Info
Going off of brands I have the most of I'd say:

Soaps:  B&M and Mike's

Creams: TOBS, CO Bigelow/Proraso and Old Spice (original and lime) from India

17 1,407
 01-09-2017, 06:07 PM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
It amazes me that we can still come up with interesting soap threads, bravo TSN!

Unlike Claus, I do not reach for the artisans much, but I do enjoy them. Go-to soaps and creams:

I Coloniali Mango Oil soap
I Coloniali Rhubarb cream and ASB
Castle Forbes all 3
SdM, 25%, 30%, 40%, Tempete, unscented
T&H Ultimate Comfort
AdP Clolonia Cream
SdBB orange/lavender and rosemary mint, cedar almond
PdP original
ABC hard and soft
MdC fougere, original, and rose
Czech and Speake O&C and 88
Valobra stick, fougere, and AoS sandlewood tallow
Boellis Panama 1924

Other artisan soaps that enjoy when I am in the mood for them:

B&M Seville and Cheshire, white tub formula
Reef Point Admiralty
Several Stirling, coconut lime, grapefruit, piacenza - this is a good straight razor soap but lathers like a hard soap and needs water.
Strop Shoppe Baker Street and Black Tie, both tallow and original, Russian Tea at the holidays.
LpL Rose de Pushkar

I'm sure I have forgotten some...

Cheers, Steve

7 523
 01-09-2017, 06:21 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
In no particular order:

CRSW
AoS tallow Sandalwood
C&S Oxford
Captains Choice
Midnight & Two

59 1,599
 01-09-2017, 07:32 PM
User Info
(01-09-2017, 04:45 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: Looking at my collection, I thought it would be good fun to hear what your favourite cream and soap brands are ?

That's about it.

At the moment there are three soaps that I seem to reach for more than all others.

1. Mike's: I own 4
2. Tallow & Steel: I own 5
3. Desmond's Barrow: I own 1 and am excited to buy more

5 107
 01-09-2017, 08:14 PM
User Info
B&M : 3. (White label, black label, and Latha)
Mike's : 2
L&L: 2
Proraso : 2
Razorock:2
SMN: 1
Valobra: 1
Stirling:1

11 973
 01-09-2017, 08:37 PM
User Info
Soaps, I have Barrister & Mann the most, closely followed by CRSW and Stirling.

Creams, the most I have of is St. James of London, but my favorite cream over all is my lone AdP.

11 1,169
 01-09-2017, 09:43 PM
User Info
CRSW
L&L Grooming
Sudsy Soapery
SV
PAA
K Shaveworx

0 25
 01-09-2017, 09:45 PM
User Info
(01-09-2017, 06:21 PM)MaxP Wrote: In no particular order:

CRSW
AoS tallow Sandalwood
C&S Oxford
Captains Choice
Midnight & Two

How do u like Midnight & Two? There doesn't seem to be much written in the forums about them. I've placed an order but it hasn't shipped yet.
Waiting on The Study & The Cabin

0 25
 01-09-2017, 09:51 PM
User Info
Most of my favourite artisan I have around four to five soaps, and two soaps for those artisan which are harder to purchase. However there is one artisan which I own more soaps than any artisan which is

Cold River Soap Works.

Currently I have five Select and two Oliva, and three of the new formulation inbound next week.

0 176
 01-09-2017, 10:49 PM
  • Bouki
  • Sandwich Islands
User Info
SOAPS
  1. Barrister & Mann (11)
  2. Mystic Water (10)
  3. L&L Grooming (7)
  4. Cold River Soap Works (6)
  5. Meißner Tremonia (6)

5 133
 01-09-2017, 10:56 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Claus, my house is not large enough to hold your collection.

As for as my favorites, how about the only ones I have.

MWF
Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
Boellis Panama
Arko
SV
SmN
Proraso 
Speick Cream

178 23,806
 01-10-2017, 03:43 AM
User Info
Johnny, I'm glad to see Arko on your list!  Still a classic in my mind.  I prefer the one in the red tub, instead of the stick.

50 6,049
 01-10-2017, 05:19 AM
User Info
These are the soaps/croaps I have kept:

MdC- Original, Fougere, Rose
Smn v3
Adp
Xpec
Abc
C&S - O&C

10 210
 01-10-2017, 05:46 AM
  • jtmke
  • Ex shaving hater
  • milwaukee
User Info
At the moment I have a few brands at three or four flavors. Not favorites although the purchase of a second scent usually means performance is at least very good

Castle Forbes
Truefitt and Hill
Martin de Candre
Fine Acoutrements
G F Trumper
Taylor of Old Bond Street
Caties Bubbles
Route 66

7 450
 01-10-2017, 05:58 AM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
(01-09-2017, 06:07 PM)Steve56 Wrote: It amazes me that we can still come up with interesting soap threads, bravo TSN!

Well done, Claus. It was getting pretty boring around here. We had 3 active threads about the same brand.

59 2,802
 01-10-2017, 06:01 AM
  • Devilanche
  • Singapore (CONUS post address)
User Info
Yardley shave soap for me. Somehow I have amassed 13 unused ones and I'm halfway through 1 of the puck.

10 376
 01-10-2017, 06:53 AM
User Info
Now I know why I cannot get some soaps....

XPEC (1)
Savonnerie du bon Berger Volcans stick (6)
ABC (2)
Barrister & Mann (1)
LA Shaving (1)

36 892