01-11-2017, 01:19 PM
User Info
If you are anything like me, you have way too many razors, and you seldom shave with the same razor more than a day or two in a row.  

I'm thinking I might be better served by using each razor for a week straight before changing to another one, just to learn the nuances better and to get a better feel for how daily shaving with each razor would be.  And so, analogous to the Soap-a-week club, I thought it might be a good idea to suggest a RAW club.  

Members of this club would commit to using a razor for an entire week (Sunday through Saturday, or Monday through Sunday) before switching to another razor, noting anything they learned about the razor, etc., in this thread.  

I started this week without telling anybody.  I've chosen my Hybrid Tech.  (I have to admit to using a different handle every day so far; it's really hard for me to stick with one thing!)  It's an amazingly precise and smooth shaver and I'm enjoying it a great deal.  

Feel free to join me.  Let us know what razor you are going to be using and how it goes.

(P.S.  Even though I posted this thread, I reserve the right to suddenly and for no apparent reason change my mind and go back to random razor use at any time.  I'm going to try this for awhile, though, and see how it works out and if there's any value in it.)

1 1,163
 01-11-2017, 01:48 PM
User Info
Been doing that for quite a while now - once I put a blade in a razor it stays in that one razor until it's done, and since a blade last a week Wink

It's a great way to learn each razor, and a good way to make sure you can actually work through all the razors in your rotation (I go through all my "at home" razors in four and a half month... well, I would if I wasn't away from home often - so say six months).

3 3,669