01-17-2017, 04:37 AM
User Info
(01-17-2017, 04:31 AM)Rhinehoth Wrote:
(01-16-2017, 08:12 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: MWF and I have a history.
Let's just say that we are no longer a couple

Link:
http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=46041

I know and that's why I made the suggestion. I was being facetious. Sorry! Have you tried grating MWF? I know it's a bit of work but cantankerous soaps (Lea) seem to lather easier and seems to produce a better quality lather. Having said all this, I know how you feel. I gave up on XPEC and it's unique scent. I guess my nose is not sophisticated enough to appreciate XPEC and life is too short to put up with soaps I don't like.

Too many great soaps available for me to waste 1 second more on MWF

22 5,291
 01-17-2017, 03:23 PM
  • rsp1202
  • Los Angeles
User Info
Larry is sending me a tub of the new CRSW soap minus scent and lanolin. Since I'm more into performance than anything, this works for me. I'm pleasantly surprised he was willing to do so with his new formula. He must have a lot of confidence in it, and that bodes well.

21 1,675
 01-17-2017, 05:44 PM
User Info
(01-17-2017, 03:23 PM)rsp1202 Wrote: Larry is sending me a tub of the new CRSW soap minus scent and lanolin. Since I'm more into performance than anything, this works for me. I'm pleasantly surprised he was willing to do so with his new formula. He must have a lot of confidence in it, and that bodes well.

Larry is a perfect Gentleman and knows what he is doing.

He has also very kindly offered me to buy his unscented shaving soap.
He just needs to know it 2 weeks in advance, before making the soap.

This is great news. Not much better than CRSW unscented shaving soap

22 5,291
 01-17-2017, 07:01 PM
  • rsp1202
  • Los Angeles
User Info
I don't know a lot of soapmakers who would go to the trouble of busting up their regular formula just for the few of us interested in unscented. He also did that for me with his Select v2. We can compare notes after the soaps arrive.

21 1,675
 Yesterday, 07:54 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
I would be interested to hear back about the unscented new formula CRSW. I have puck of the last formulation and it is great. I noticed the new formula has kaolin clay in it. I used a soap with that in it before and it dried my face out. I think the clay was the problem.

3 450
 Yesterday, 09:42 AM
  • Nero
  • Spending my way to profitability
  • le montagne
User Info
(Yesterday, 07:54 AM)DayMan Wrote: I would be interested to hear back about the unscented new formula CRSW. I have puck of the last formulation and it is great. I noticed the new formula has kaolin clay in it. I used a soap with that in it before and it dried my face out. I think the clay was the problem.

I would rather see soaps without clay, too.

All we need is one base oil or two, some lye, and maybe a moisturizer (shea or else). Don't need these elaborate soap formulations.

51 1,935
 Yesterday, 11:35 AM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
+1 Matt, but the fanboyz won't be happy without a double cream, triple butter, quad oil formula that leaves your face so 'conditioned' that insects stick to it.

Cheers, Steve

7 324