03-06-2017, 09:12 AM
  • Nero
  • Saving Through Spending More
  • le montagne
User Info
Good for you, Claus!
Cooking is a beautiful art, and I truly hope you enjoy.
We do hope you continue your presence here because FOR SURE this forum would not be the same without your posts.

Sincerely,
Matt

55 2,187
 03-06-2017, 05:09 PM
User Info
(03-06-2017, 12:52 AM)PapySnake Wrote: I wish you to have fun in cooking Wink

Merci, mon ami

23 5,535
 03-06-2017, 05:12 PM
User Info
(03-06-2017, 09:12 AM)Nero Wrote: Good for you, Claus!
We do hope you continue your presence here because FOR SURE this forum would not be the same without your posts.

Sincerely,
Matt

Thanks Matt.

I will still post, but basically I'm out of the soap/cream hunt, out of the razor hunt and I own the badger brushes I want. So only the continued evolvement of Synthetic brushes can keep me focussed.

23 5,535
 03-06-2017, 06:29 PM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
(03-06-2017, 05:12 PM)CHSeifert Wrote:
(03-06-2017, 09:12 AM)Nero Wrote: Good for you, Claus!

Sincerely,
Matt

Thanks Matt.

I will still post, but basically I'm out of the soap/cream hunt, out of the razor hunt and I own the badger brushes I want. So only the continued evolvement of Synthetic brushes can keep me focussed.

Good to hear.
Btw, it looks like Simpson has the Duke 3 with their synthetic fibers. I'm excited to try that and almost purchased it the other day. I will soon.

55 2,187
 03-10-2017, 06:08 PM
User Info
I've been very happy using Brutalt Bra. The lighter-than-light scent of eucalyptus is hard to catch a whiff of most times. Unfortunately, BB goes quickly in use since there isn't much to begin with, and the price is high. I can't justify repurchasing under those circumstances, which is sad because it's an excellent performer.

Losing Brutalt and Bey Shave aftershave, another favorite that looks to be discontinued, will be a tough blow.

23 1,740
 03-11-2017, 07:34 AM
User Info
(03-05-2017, 12:22 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: I will focus on two brands from now on.

I don't feel the need for a fragrance for the 15 minutes, while I shave - it just is not important to me. As said, I will keep some of my very best scented soaps/creams for the days where I do feel the need for using a scented soaps/cream for my shave. But all in all, I don't need it just for the 15 minutes I spend on shaving.

I am with you. Once I narrowed my soap to one brand I use daily, my lather is consistent and made quickly. And it just so happens one of my best performers in the brand I use is her unscented one!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 160
 03-12-2017, 05:50 AM
User Info
(01-27-2017, 12:21 PM)David Wrote: I've been thinking about this issue for a while now.  Do I really need a scented soap (or cream), a scented witch hazel, a scented after shave, and then cologne?  I don't think so.

Now, I don't use a scented witch hazel—mine is just witch hazel.  So no change needed there.

A new protocol is in order.

1.  I'm going to phase out most of my scented soaps and creams.  I'll slowly use 'em up, or maybe even use some as shower soap to speed up the process.  I work in a scent-free workplace, so I usually use unscented soaps during the week anyway.  OK, I will keep 2 or 3 sublime scented ones for the rotation.  But, I'll increase my unscented ones from some of the terrific ones listed on this thread.  I already have Meissner's Pots of Milk and Puristic, and X-Pec unscented.  There are so many more that I know I'll enjoy using, so my modest collection will stay the same size, or perhaps increase a little bit.

2.  I'm going to phase out most of my scented aftershaves.  I'll slowly use 'em up, or maybe even use some for a rub-down after a workout at the gym.  During the week, I generally just use a very mild one like D R Harris Pink, or Speick.  Ya, I'll keep a few of my great ones like Castle Forbes Cedar and Sandalwood, Meissner Dark Limes, and Truefitt and Hill West Indian Limes.  I think there are a number of fine unscented aftershaves, and I'll explore that as my scented ones run out.

Will I go scent-free?  Of course not.  I'll use a spectacular cologne.  Won't put it on my face though (they often make my skin go red), but will dab it behind my ears or on my wrists or back of my hands.

UPDATE

I've made considerable progress.  Have given away 2 scented soaps, and am currently using up 2 more in my home shower.  Have one more in my gym bag to use there (Their liquid soap dispenser is filled with the most hideous smelling stuff I've ever encountered).

Quite a ways to go on the after shave, however.  I have a bottle in my gym bag which I use as a rub-down (which I hardly require since I don't do much).  May be a long time before I use them up.

Am working on a list of about 10 unscented soaps/creams that I'll start purchasing.  So, I'm still gonna have lots of variety during the shave.  And, there are many very fine unscented or lightly scented aftershaves that are on my radar.  And, as noted, I'll still use spectacular cologne.

Anyone else hopping on the unscented shaving soap train?

0 323
 03-12-2017, 07:32 AM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
(03-12-2017, 05:50 AM)David Wrote: Anyone else hopping on the unscented shaving soap train?

I've had a few toes on the line for a while. I don't know if I'll ever go 100% unscented but I so enjoy giving my nose a day off every once in a while.

55 2,187
 03-13-2017, 07:22 AM
User Info
(03-12-2017, 05:50 AM)David Wrote: Anyone else hopping on the unscented shaving soap train?

Nope, not even close.  However I don't take issue with any of you coming to the conclusion that you'd like to use unscented products.

73 2,159