01-13-2017, 02:42 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
I'm intrigued by a site I've come across called scentmatchers.com  I'm considering using them for a few discontinued favorites and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them they'd like to relate and just any thoughts at all on the subject.

7 2,224
 01-13-2017, 06:44 AM
User Info
The idea is great.
Inspiration is fine.
I still prefer to follow my own sniffer. It's far better for me than other peoples noses telling me what I should get from a fragrance.

But inspiration is always nice.

Furthermore, I need to use perfumes made by brands and perfumers I respect and know. Not clones made by people I neither know nor trust.

So for me it's a NO GO !

24 5,680
 01-13-2017, 07:06 AM
  • Mouser
User Info
I'm only considering it for the discontinued stuff. I'm with you Claus that anything still in production I want the real deal from a trusted source.

7 2,224
 03-06-2017, 11:29 AM
  • Mouser
User Info
I still haven't pulled the trigger on this yet. As I said before, I'm just considering discontinued items, like C&E Sienna, or Yardley, original and Black Label.

7 2,224
 03-06-2017, 11:56 AM
User Info
(03-06-2017, 11:29 AM)Mouser Wrote: I still haven't pulled the trigger on this yet. As I said before, I'm just considering discontinued items, like C&E Sienna, or Yardley, original and Black Label.

I tried their site. Their customer service is amazing, however their nose is not my , nor my wife's nose. I tried to get my wife a bottle of discontinued Jo Malone Honeysuckle. Close but absolutely not close enough. They took it back no questions asked. full refund.
DB

4 74
 03-09-2017, 02:02 PM
User Info
For the reasons already stated, I'd shy away from such a service but I have searched on Basenotes and other scent sites for "smells like" feedback.  This resulted in a few good finds, including a replacement for Gucci Envy, discontinued and one of my wife's favorite scents on me: Carven Homme.  Not identical but all of the major notes are there.

73 3,971