01-14-2017, 08:53 AM
User Info
Against my better judgement I recently acquired oneblade.
Ben74 , (I assume) against his better judgement, some months ago parted with his blackbird razor.

After using both - I have developed my opinion. I am not the one who has the skills to write a detailed review but I will say this - blackbird, on its worst day, does just as good a job as oneblade (for me).
I have weird contours on my face and some sensitive skin on my neck. Again - no issues.

Please respond but I would like to request that the focus of this thread remains on the direct comparison of the results of these two razors.

5 297
 01-14-2017, 09:16 AM
User Info
I personally don't see how to compare any SE to any DE; apples to orangutans.

That said, use whichever works best for you. I can't give a direct comparison as I haven't let a DE blade touch my face in years. Enjoy your shaves!

31 8,057
 01-14-2017, 09:20 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
I agree, completely different material. That's like comparing a DE to a straight. that said I prefer the Blackbird big time.

28 1,442
 01-14-2017, 01:10 PM
User Info
(01-14-2017, 09:16 AM)SharpSpine Wrote: I personally don't see how to compare any SE to any DE; apples to orangutans.

That said, use whichever works best for you. I can't give a direct comparison as I haven't let a DE blade touch my face in years. Enjoy your shaves!

Totally agree. For ME,SE blows away any DE razor I have ever tried,and I've been doing this for over 30 years.

1 101
 01-15-2017, 06:52 AM
User Info
(01-14-2017, 09:16 AM)SharpSpine Wrote: I personally don't see how to compare any SE to any DE; apples to orangutans.

IMHO it is an easy comparison to make since they are both designed for the same task.  Perhaps apples to pears, but certainly they are more similar than a plant to mammal comparison.

Also I have seen people on this forum and others make comparisons to other types of razors in the past.

"The Cobra Classic shaves almost as close as my straight"

"I get better shaves from a SE than a DE"

And of course:

"When shaving with the OneBlade it shaves more like a cartridge in that you apply pressure to engages the pivot"

1 161
 01-15-2017, 08:06 AM
User Info
(01-15-2017, 06:52 AM)White Tuna Wrote:

IMHO it is an easy comparison to make since they are both designed for the same task.  Perhaps apples to pears, but certainly they are more similar than a plant to mammal comparison.

Also I have seen people on this forum and others make comparisons to other types of razors in the past.

And of course:

"When shaving with the OneBlade it shaves more like a cartridge in that you apply pressure to engages the pivot"

Yeah, kind of like comparing a Yugo to Bugatti Veyron. They both get you from point a to b, but it's about how they do it. Same as DE vs SE vs Straight. Some comparisons make sense while others carry no weight.

Also, the apples to orangutans was simply a metaphor to express a bit of humor along with my opinion.

31 8,057
 01-15-2017, 08:16 AM
User Info
(01-15-2017, 08:06 AM)SharpSpine Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 06:52 AM)White Tuna Wrote:

And of course:

Yeah, kind of like comparing a Yugo to Bugatti Veyron. They both get you from point a to b, but it's about how they do it. Same as DE vs SE vs Straight. Some comparisons make sense while others carry no weight.

Also, the apples to orangutans was simply a metaphor to express a bit of humor along with my opinion.

Sorry guys - I did not make myself clear - what I meant was - simply the results of shaving. Not the process.

After the shave is completed - which one gives you the closest,hassle free, nick free shave.

5 297
 01-15-2017, 08:42 AM
User Info
(01-15-2017, 08:16 AM)inspectoring Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 06:52 AM)White Tuna Wrote: IMHO it is an easy comparison to make since they are both designed for the same task.  Perhaps apples to pears, but certainly they are more similar than a plant to mammal comparison.

And of course:

Sorry guys - I did not make myself clear - what I meant was - simply the results of shaving. Not the process.

After the shave is completed - which one gives you the closest,hassle free, nick free shave.

SE always for me. It will be different for everyone. You will get a lot of opinions but this is a topic that truly requires personal trial & error.

31 8,057
 01-15-2017, 09:32 AM
User Info
(01-15-2017, 08:16 AM)inspectoring Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 06:52 AM)White Tuna Wrote: IMHO it is an easy comparison to make since they are both designed for the same task.  Perhaps apples to pears, but certainly they are more similar than a plant to mammal comparison.

And of course:

SE for me by far---BBS lasts a lot longer for me with SE than with DE

1 101
 01-16-2017, 01:34 PM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
For me my BlackBirds always provide the closest and irritation free shave, whereas the OneBlade is very comfortable but not as efficient.

113 1,495
 01-23-2017, 07:01 PM
User Info
(01-16-2017, 01:34 PM)ARGH Wrote: For me my BlackBirds always provide the closest and irritation free shave, whereas the OneBlade is very comfortable but not as efficient.

Thanks - i simply wanted people to compare their results- not the se vs de.
We share the same experience.

5 297
 01-27-2017, 02:15 PM
User Info
i nominate myself for the most casual face shaver here.  I can get great shaves with either and do everyday.  As long as my wife and face agree all is cool.  with all the new razors they are starting to catch up with my bad. now that could be a real problem.

73 1,296