01-16-2017, 06:57 AM
  • warhawk
  • Beautiful NorthWest Florida
User Info
Hi Gents:  Hope all is well with you and your families.  Just wanted to know your thoughts on your experiences on the Wolfman OC (0.68 or 0.95) and the Timeless OC (different gaps not sure number).  FYI . . . I am on the Wolfman list but still haven't heard from James as I know that he is super busy which has led my search with the Timeless.  

Thanks in advance.  Looking forward to all your responses.  On a side note . . . my favorite OC as of now is the ATT M2.  

WARHAWK

12 333
 01-16-2017, 07:33 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
I can't help you with the Timeless, but I have the ATT M2 and Wolfman OC.  The Wolfman is smoother and has similar efficiency.  I think the M2 is a little more efficient on the first pass, but by the second pass (which is all I do), I can't tell a difference.  If I had to pick one, it would be the Wolfman, but I don't plan on getting rid of my ATT either.  I like the way the Wolfman holds the blade better.  I would just wait on the Wolfman since you're on the list.

3 561
 01-16-2017, 08:02 AM
  • clint64
  • Atlanta, GA
User Info
I have both a Wolfman OC and a Timeless OC (.95 blade gap).  The Timeless OC is nearly the equal in fit and finish to the Wolfman and better than the ATT razors I have used.  The standard gap Wolfman is more forgiving to use with its smaller blade gap and exposure.  Since you are on the list, I would wait it out and get the Wolfman.  If you don't like the Wolfman you can always sell it and get the Timeless.

7 1,225
 01-16-2017, 09:15 AM
User Info
Not being know when James list reach your number, I would try Timeless and if does not workout, return it.

I have Timeless, Wolfman and ATT. Wolfman is by far my favorite then Timeless then ATT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 260
 01-16-2017, 09:31 AM
User Info
I can't speak for Wolfman as every time I try to give him money, his online times are sold out  Sad
I do have the Timeless Razor in both blade gaps and they are both very nice. Even the .95 blade gap, although pretty aggressive, is very smooth and mild for me. The .68 blade gap is almost effortless and caused me to sell my Feather AS-D2.

9 133
 01-16-2017, 11:03 AM
  • iShave
  • Calgary
User Info
Timeless is a solid razor but I recently got the Blackbird and I prefer the blackbird

2 457
 01-16-2017, 11:42 AM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I don't have a Timeless, but I have a Wolfman open comb with the blade gap increased to .74mm. I also own or have owned all the the ATT open comb DEs, the M2, R2, S2 and H2. For me, the M2 is the mildest of the bunch. The "aggressive" Wolfman is similar to an R2 on my face.

6 354
 01-16-2017, 12:26 PM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
I own a WM OC standard, Timeless SB both gaps, and the first gen BlackBird. The WM is an absolute champion when it comes to the finish quality and my BlackBird is THE best shaver for me.

113 1,495
 01-16-2017, 12:27 PM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
I have both.  At one point I also had the 0.95 Timeless OC but it was scary-aggressive so I sold it.
I now currently own a Wolfman OC (0.70 gap) and Timeless OC (0.68 gap) and honestly I think I prefer the Timeless.
If I had the 'normal' gap Wolfman OC that choice may be different.
For me, both Wolfman & Timeless > ATT.

47 1,924
 01-16-2017, 12:54 PM
User Info
I have the Wolfman OC (0.74) and the Timeless OC (0.95). I have also tried the Wolfman OC standard gap and all the plates with the Timeless. The difference between the Timeless plates is minimal, the audio feedback is quite noticeable as you go down in aggression, 0.95 being the loudest. The Wolfman OC has a different feel to the Timeless IMO. The teeth feel smoother with the Timeless, however I prefer the head profile of Wolfman. It puts the blade edge exactly the where I want it. I find that the Wolfman OC (0.74) is more aggressive than the Timeless OC (0.95). It is also perhaps ever so slightly more efficient. With the Timeless the WTG pass doesn't remove as much stubble as the XTG (I only do 2 passes, ATG on the neck on my second pass) but the Wolfman removes stubble equally on each pass. Again solely IMO but I can't relate aggression or comfort levels between the two I find them to be very different shavers.

0 847
 01-16-2017, 04:20 PM
User Info
I can't answer about Wolfman, but if you like the ATT M2, you will LOVE the Timeless .68 OC.

0 40
 01-26-2017, 07:35 PM
User Info
(01-16-2017, 04:20 PM)Mogaert Wrote: I can't answer about Wolfman, but if you like the ATT M2, you will LOVE the Timeless .68 OC.
both the timeless 68 and the att de's didn't hit it for me; but i just fell in love with the timeless 95 and att se 1.  i put a honking titan ufo handle on the se 1 and laugh myself to fantastic shaves with it.  beginning to fall for razors almost as much as brushes.  trouble ahead.

73 1,296
 01-26-2017, 10:26 PM
User Info
The only Wolfman I have yet to try (that is only list of versions I think will work for me) is the 0.95 OC. I liked the normal OC Wolfman and the 0.74 but even that was just not aggressive enough for me. Definitely smooth and efficient but essentially, a tad too nice.

As much flack as r41 gets from those who don't love it, you will still find a lot of men who really like both versions. I have used both but the 2011 version paired with a Kai is my favorite setup next to a BBS-1 with a Voshkod.

My biggest praise for the Muhle r41 is that it is very accepting of a lot of different blades. I did think about selling my r41s and getting an R2 and H2 and at least trying the Timeless OC 0.95 and a Blackbird OC. 

Problem is I have yet to find another OC that can shave with it the way I want it to remove my beard so I am hesitant to ditch a pot metal razor that has actually held up well since buying it 4 years ago. Just wish they would have or will make it eventually in stainless steel or hell, I will pay for it in titanium.

Great to read all of your comments in this thread gentlemen.  Smile

79 1,338
 01-27-2017, 01:56 AM
User Info
I can't speak for any Timeless razors, yet. I have 2 Wolfman razors and they are superb razors, all around.

If you are serious about getting a Wolfman, this would be my first priority, as they are difficult to get. The demand and wait list seems to be growing my the nanosecond. You can always get a Timeless, as they are more of a mass produced item.

0 122
 01-27-2017, 04:31 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
I agree with both Erik and Zack

I have owned both Wolfman and Timeless and I prefer the Timeless. The Wolfman is an outstanding razor...don't get me wrong..but of all the combos I've tried I prefer the Timeless with 95 scalloped head.

Despite the plethora of new razors on the market, I still love my "lowly" Muhle R41 2013. No matter how many times I try to replace it with a new model that is 5x the cost.....damn it if it doesn't give me a fantastic shave! And I prefer 2013 to 2011. Nearly the same aggression but MUCH smoother for me.

My recommendation to Warhawk is to get the Timeless now, since it is available, and the Wolfman with aggressive gap later. And if I remember correctly my friend, you use straights? So I'd steer to you towards a Timeless with 95 scalloped or OC head. They are simply wonderful shavers and gorgeous. Don't let the "95" scare you off. They are aggressive but the design of the head makes them much smoother and forgiving than say, an iKon TECH.

168 1,386
 01-29-2017, 04:52 PM
  • iShave
  • Calgary
User Info
I haven't owned either in OC but have in SB .68 Timeless and a .54 Wolfman and prefer the Wolfman .54. Timeless was great but felt it got a bit too close to my skin and took a layer off, it gave me some issues on my neck too but overall I really liked it when I had it, they also have 30 day return which is hard to beat, it wasn't perfect for me but it wasn't far off and I can see many really liking it.

The .54 Wolfman is awesome! Very little blade feel, if you like that? Can't cut yourself with it as it's very gentle but still efficient about as efficient as the Timeless .68. The Wolfman I'm still learning and only have two shaves with it but today it left no irritation on my neck and left me very cleaned shaved, it's easy to shave with and it's really is the nicest looking razor on the market, the built and finish is 2nd to no one. James is looking at possibly just doing Ti to help tale off demand over raising prices on SS, which I think is a good move, so hope you get your SS Wolfman!. Also, James said he uses a DC on the OC side he has the standard gap and the SB he has the .48 gap, so he uses the OC side to cut down the hair on the first pass then the SB to finish up, I like that idea and think I may try and nap one in that setup if incase the SS gets discounted.

2 457
 01-29-2017, 07:02 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
(01-26-2017, 10:26 PM)zaclikestoshave Wrote: The only Wolfman I have yet to try (that is only list of versions I think will work for me) is the 0.95 OC. I liked the normal OC Wolfman and the 0.74 but even that was just not aggressive enough for me. Definitely smooth and efficient but essentially, a tad too nice.

As much flack as r41 gets from those who don't love it, you will still find a lot of men who really like both versions. I have used both but the 2011 version paired with a Kai is my favorite setup next to a BBS-1 with a Voshkod.

My biggest praise for the Muhle r41 is that it is very accepting of a lot of different blades. I did think about selling my r41s and getting an R2 and H2 and at least trying the Timeless OC 0.95 and a Blackbird OC. 

Problem is I have yet to find another OC that can shave with it the way I want it to remove my beard so I am hesitant to ditch a pot metal razor that has actually held up well since buying it 4 years ago. Just wish they would have or will make it eventually in stainless steel or hell, I will pay for it in titanium.

Great to read all of your comments in this thread gentlemen.  Smile

I too find the Wolfman .74 open comb a bit too mild. It's the only Wolfman I own, and I love its sheer beauty, but don't reach for it very often. My R41 2011, on the other hand, is in my current DE rotation, along with the Ikon Tech, Charcoal Goods Level 3 open comb and PAA DOC Evolution in stainless. I would hold onto my R41s, but I'd also recommend unequivocally the Ikon, Charcoal and PAA. I'm in the midst of seeking to discern the small differences among the starting four and, with some further research required, suspect that the Charcoal and PAA will emerge as the leaders. The winner will likely be the Charcoal, due to the amazing design and execution in antique brass. All four are wonderfully blade-forward and aggressive.

6 354
 01-30-2017, 05:55 AM
User Info
Wolfman OC 0.74mm over the Timeless 0.95 OC. Why? Because the Wolfman gets more hype. Also the WTG pass is closer with the Wolfman. However audio feedback, heft and comfort all go to the Timeless.

0 847