03-14-2017, 12:07 AM
User Info
So if a V1 has a defect they will replace it under guarantee, but with a V2 carrying an upgrade charge. So if in the future the OB team decide to come with another three versions, each subsequent version more expensive than the last, one will end up paying the original price they bought the OB as an upgrade fee. I don't see how this can be a 3 lifetime guarantee if one has to pay money for replacing a faulty original one.

0 283
 03-14-2017, 04:35 PM
User Info
Does anyone know exactly what the flaw or defect is with OB version 1?

I know that if I wanted to upgrade to a Version 2 I would have to pay another $95.  To me this is unfair, especially with the Lifetime warranty on the OB razor.  Honoring the Lifetime warranty should mean fixing or trading in the razor for the Version 2 at no cost.

Who else feels that we are getting scammed for this?

0 10
 03-14-2017, 07:29 PM
User Info
(03-14-2017, 04:35 PM)Sethman Wrote: Does anyone know exactly what the flaw or defect is with OB version 1?

I know that if I wanted to upgrade to a Version 2 I would have to pay another $95.  To me this is unfair, especially with the Lifetime warranty on the OB razor.  Honoring the Lifetime warranty should mean fixing or trading in the razor for the Version 2 at no cost.

What do you expect from a company that has shady business practices? The flaw was that first gen razor was accepting GEM blades.

5 297
 09-27-2017, 09:28 AM
User Info
(03-14-2017, 04:35 PM)Sethman Wrote: Does anyone know exactly what the flaw or defect is with OB version 1?

I thought post #40 explained the flaw/defect in great detail.  What is didn't do was how to identify a V1 from a V2.  It was my understanding that they switched to a higher quality stainless steel for V2 resulting in a price increase.  Great razor and great customer service from what I have had experience with.  My Blackbird and Genesis are my top razors.  Both of them #1 since the Blackbird is a DE and Genesis a SE.  Different shaving techniques, but both deliver excellent shaves.

0 2