01-17-2017, 06:32 PM
User Info
After browsing a few threads about dopp kits and this discussion about a travel set up (in this case for pretty extreme conditions!), I decided to sketch mine.  I’ve refined this over the years to find the right balance between convenience/comfort and weight/space.  My dopp kit has two compartments which are great for keeping the big and small items separate and avoiding digging around for that one thing you need.  If I have the need for a body/shampoo bar, that tucks in between items 3 and 4.  The alum is primarily a deoderant, but does backup duty for small nicks or cuts.   A scalp brush is used in and out of the shower and I carry a quick drying exfoliating washcloth.  When I fly, my bag gets checked, so the razor and blades go with me.  The razor is one of my easily replaceable daily drivers in an ATT leather case and the shaving brush is a small badger or boar (usually dry enough by the time I am packing up and leaving).  Shaving soap stick recently replaced a small tube of CO Bigelow.  Balm is in a small travel tube or, if I take aftershave instead, in a small spray bottle.  Toothpaste is either a travel tube or tooth powder in a small bottle.  Toothbrush is a small one meant for kids.  And the kit has a small LED flashlight clipped to the handle when I need a little extra light.

[Image: wqELtMO.jpg]

13 1,086
 01-17-2017, 08:06 PM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
Great sketch! Thanks for sharing it.

59 4,335
 02-21-2017, 07:47 PM
User Info
Please don't get me started...I have a weaknees for any Dopp or shave kit!  Tongue  Still, as an engineer, your exploded view and thoughtful packing list are awesome!!!   Sbathroom_grooming_shaving_100-100

73 4,211
 02-22-2017, 08:50 AM
User Info
Thanks Billy!

13 1,086
 02-22-2017, 09:22 AM
User Info
My travel shaving brush is a synthetic (for quick drying) and the tube is a spice container (to save on expense). I save space from shampoo by only using Dove soap (follicly challenged)/, makes more room for a puck of favorite shave soap. Tweezers always come in handy. I always have in my pills Benadryl, Imodium, and Advil.

0 595
 02-24-2017, 12:32 PM
  • Quando
  • Somewhere far-away, from Home
User Info
nice.

1 515
 02-27-2017, 11:51 PM
User Info
I carry a soap that the wife makes that also serves to clean my hair, the lather from that is more than enough to shave with.

0 38