01-21-2017, 07:13 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
This afternoon I was in an antique shop and saw this razor.  Its a King.  In a case, with blades.  It's marked 22K gold plated.
And the instructions are with it.  The rollers on the head cause the blade to move back and forth.  Supposed to give a smoother shave.

I didn't buy it.  Maybe I should have>  I've never seen one before.  And I have no idea what it may be worth.

Anybody have input?[Image: iSwG67E.jpg]

Save

60 1,599
 01-22-2017, 01:22 PM
  • Manning
  • Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
User Info
There is a rather long write up in another forum if you do a google search. I come across them pretty often in antique stores but the one in your picture is in very good condition.

They do take proprietary blades, which always causes me to pass them by. I think you can still use a standard blade but i don't think it allows the razor to use the oscillating feature.

13 143
 01-22-2017, 02:48 PM
User Info
I've never seen one of these and find it interesting.  The predecessor to the Fusion and AOS vibrating DE's.  Looking forward to see what information and pictures others can add.

50 6,075
 01-25-2017, 10:16 AM
User Info
I did a little piece on this style of razors on my blog a couple years back; lets just say I'm less impressed with the idea of friction rollers.

I suspect the reason one spots them in antique stores is because they were bought as novelties and quickly put in a drawer.

3 4,488