01-22-2017, 09:20 AM
User Info
I am considering purchasing a razor from Hone, but I am undecided on whether to get the 15 or 15a. Can anyone comment on the shave performance of either of these? Thanks!

0 2
 01-22-2017, 06:20 PM
  • nunhgrader
  • Prairie Village, KS USA
User Info
I owned the Hone - brass version - sold it immediately. Beautiful razor - one of the prettiest on the market! The shave was less than desirable for my face - extremely mild and not very efficient. I gave it about 2 months and sold it. I kind of wished I would have kept it. I wish they would make a more aggressive version - I would purchase.

28 667
 01-23-2017, 09:05 AM
User Info
I've never tried the 15 but I have the 15a and really like it.  It, too, is a mild shaver, but I understand that they made is slightly more aggressive than the 15 because of its lighter weight.  It has a huge blade gap but very little exposure.  You have to apply a little pressure or it will "latherplane," but once you get used to the amount of pressure to add, it shaves smoothly and easily.  Very quick shaver for me compared with other DEs.  Light.  

I have the short handle and it's perfect for me.  It looks like it would be slippery but isn't.

2 1,394
 01-23-2017, 02:23 PM
User Info
My Type 15 should be delivered today but unfortunately, I am out of town and won't get to try it out until Thursday or Friday which makes me sad.

I am still eyeballing the 15a though because the price is not that bad.

9 118