01-26-2017, 08:26 AM
User Info
Being new to the wet shave experience, I find that being in full control of the entire experience, prepping my beard, making my lather, choosing my cutting tool, (DE now, SR soon), is relaxing.  In experimenting, I now use 2 sometimes 3 DE razors for a full shave.  I start with a non aggressive, Edwin Jagger D89, and will often finish with my iKon x3 slant.  I am getting to know my beard like I never really could with a cartridge razor or electric razor.  I even like rotaing in my Vikings Blade Chieftain and Pearl OC.  I appreciate forums like this.  They are so much better than the ramblings and attacks you see and get on FB.  Thanks to the sponsors and thanks to the members.
David

4 74
 01-26-2017, 11:05 AM
User Info
I went through a period of using two razors for my shaves - an aggressive one for the first pass and a mild one for cleaning up - based on a recommendation from a (at the time) well respected personality in the wetshaving community.

After a year or so I went back to just using one razor - juggling several make my rotation more complicated than my brain could handle in the morning Tongue

3 4,511
 01-26-2017, 01:24 PM
User Info
We're glad you're here David.

Years ago, when I started using a straight razor, I would do three passes and then use a DE to clean up the difficult areas of my chin and upper lip.  I eventually  progressed  to the point of not needing the clean up with the DE.

If using more than one razor improves your shave or your enjoyment of the process, that's the way to go.

50 6,106
 01-26-2017, 02:35 PM
  • doc47
  • Northern Arizona
User Info
Let me know when you are ready to give a SR a stroll. I can provide a good deal of help.

11 659
 01-26-2017, 05:52 PM
User Info
(01-26-2017, 02:35 PM)doc47 Wrote: Let me know when you are ready to give a SR a stroll. I can provide a good deal of help.

That's a nice offer Dan.

50 6,106