01-27-2017, 08:10 AM
User Info
From what I've been reading, this soap is a noticeable improvement over the old formula. Any thoughts on performance or scent?

Was thinking of picking up Propaganda or Defiance, both sound interesting.

54 1,214
 01-27-2017, 08:20 AM
User Info
I really like the new formula performance and firmness. The old one was too soft for my taste. Propaganda is a great scent BTW.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

38 542
 01-27-2017, 12:04 PM
User Info
I have two of the version 1 soaps, and one of the version 2.  Both versions are outstanding.  The version one is so soft that I scoop it with an ice cream sample spoon and lather it like a cream, but the resultant lather is rich, dense, slick, and protective, and they smell amazing.  V.2 is a much firmer soap, but it loads wonderfully easily and produces a lather that is almost exactly the same; maybe a bit fluffier or thicker compared with version 1, which is almost like sour cream in texture the way I lather it.   

V.2 lather reminds me quite a bit of Jeeves of Hudson Street, if you're familiar with that soap. 

At any rate, a first-class soap.  I love my Dr. Jon's.  I have Hydra, which is a wonderful citrus scent.  In the v.1 I have Classic, which is a barbershop that is largely bergamot, rosemary, and lavender, and I have Savannah Sunrise, which is one of my favorite fragrances ever.  It's floral-forward with a bit of peach in the background.  Just beautiful.  Not for those who don't like floral scents, though. 

I haven't smelled any of the newer scents.

2 1,557
 02-13-2017, 03:27 PM
  • doc47
  • Northern Arizona
User Info
Dr. Jon's Black Label Vegan Shaving Soap is a new addition to my den. I love the performance and the fragrance very much. The fragrance is a light and sweet tobacco scent that does not over power.

11 659