01-29-2017, 09:02 PM
User Info
I picked this up a little over a year ago and can't seem to identify it. Any help?

8 99
 01-29-2017, 09:04 PM
User Info
Lol can't seem to upload a picture

8 99
 01-29-2017, 09:10 PM
User Info
[Image: zw8PFhZ.jpg]There are no manufacturers marks except that it's badger set in rubber and made in the USA

8 99
 01-29-2017, 09:12 PM
User Info
 01-30-2017, 09:35 AM
User Info
Ok just to let you know I REALLY enjoy puzzles!  Biggrin First off you have a beautiful butterscotch brush, but goes without saying. From the looks of the logo, inverted triangle with a P in it, I would say you have a Peerless brush. Example of the logo below.
[Image: kPKBWwp.jpg]
I hope this helps you out Matt.  Cool

0 596
 01-30-2017, 09:38 AM
User Info
We really need to make; if we don't already have it, a page of just logos of brushes to identify them.

0 596
 01-30-2017, 10:13 AM
User Info
(01-30-2017, 09:35 AM)GreeneMD Wrote: Ok just to let you know I REALLY enjoy puzzles!  Biggrin First off you have a beautiful butterscotch brush, but goes without saying. From the looks of the logo, inverted triangle with a P in it, I would say you have a Peerless brush. Example of the logo below.

Thank you!!! I honestly didn't even notice the "P". I love this brush and have been chomping at the bit to restore it but wanted to have an idea of what it was. Next to figure out what the upper and lower are made of, first I thought catalin but the is no marbling and its heavy but knowing the maker I can now do some homework

8 99
 01-30-2017, 10:21 AM
User Info
(01-30-2017, 10:13 AM)mattbtimeless Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 09:35 AM)GreeneMD Wrote: Ok just to let you know I REALLY enjoy puzzles!  Biggrin First off you have a beautiful butterscotch brush, but goes without saying. From the looks of the logo, inverted triangle with a P in it, I would say you have a Peerless brush. Example of the logo below.

Thank you!!! I honestly didn't even notice the "P". I love this brush and have been chomping at the bit to restore it but wanted to have an idea of what it was. Next to figure out what the upper and lower are made of, first I thought catalin but the is no marbling and its heavy but knowing the maker I can now do some homework

I looks to me like bakelite; like my Hardright Davy Jones.
[Image: Rqo1H9K.jpg]

0 596
 01-30-2017, 11:11 AM
User Info
For what it's worth, I played around with the colour levels in Photoshop and can make out most of the text underneath:

STERILIZED
"P in inverted triangle"
?ASED WITH
PURE BADGER
U.S.A.
SET IN RUBBER

I suspect the letter i can't make out is a 'C', since the term "cased with pure badger" shows up in vintage advertisements (e.g.: this one from LIFE magazine) - even if I'm not entirely sure what the term actually means Smile

3 4,670
 01-30-2017, 11:40 AM
User Info
(01-30-2017, 11:11 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: For what it's worth, I played around with the colour levels in Photoshop and can make out most of the text underneath:

STERILIZED
"P in inverted triangle"
?ASED WITH
PURE BADGER
U.S.A.
SET IN RUBBER

I suspect the letter i can't make out is a 'C', since the term "cased with pure badger" shows up in vintage advertisements (e.g.: this one from LIFE magazine) - even if I'm not entirely sure what the term actually means Smile
Thank you for that I kind of figured that's what it says

8 99
 01-30-2017, 11:48 AM
User Info
(01-30-2017, 10:21 AM)GreeneMD Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 10:13 AM)mattbtimeless Wrote:

I looks to me like bakelite; like my Hardright Davy Jones.
[Image: Rqo1H9K.jpg]
That is a beautiful brush! Bakelite is kind of what I was thinking as well, was hoping for catalin just because I love the marbling and translucency of it.

8 99