02-02-2017, 02:56 PM
User Info
Could anyone that has both of these razors compare the two?
Which Timeless is your favorite?

Best,
Weston

11 196
 02-02-2017, 08:10 PM
User Info
I own both an OC and SB both in .68 blade gaps (Timeless). I also just acquired a Blackbird . I haven't used the Blackbird yet so I can't give my opinion , but I can tell you it's going to be tough to beat out my Timeless razors . With that being said I have also heard outstanding reviews of the Blackbird so I'm super excited to take it out on its maiden voyage . I will get familiar with it first before I can give my honest and fair opinion .

20 294
 02-02-2017, 08:45 PM
User Info
I'm still waiting for my Timeless SB on it's way to me, and it's funny but my opinion is just the opposite of DEdestroyer above me. It will be very tough to beat my BlackBird! Lol Tongue

11 1,169
 02-02-2017, 09:06 PM
User Info
I had a Timeless and it's a solid razor, but after you learn the BB I liked it better, I get zero irritation from the BB and it's more efficient. Timeless is solid it's built very nice and shaves great, very little blade feel but it did give me a bit of irritation. Can't really go wrong with either one, buy both and try them out for 30 days and return the one that loses out as they both offer 30 days return

2 465
 02-02-2017, 10:47 PM
User Info
I agree with ishave , if your able to buy both and give them a try . As said above return whatever one you like least , but if you like both keep both . I think having both razors in your den would be a plus . I like having different choices , each razor I own provides different efficientcies and feel . I enjoy that .

20 294
 02-03-2017, 01:25 AM
User Info
I have both. Both wonderful shavers. Timeless in scalloped and sb in both .68& .95. I mostly use the .95. BB in black oxide and polished. I would definitely choose the timeless. The BB sometimes has a slight drag to it. The Timeless sounds great, glides like ice and feels wonderful on the face. But you cannot go wrong with either. That's my 3 cents!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

19 605
 02-03-2017, 06:48 AM
User Info
Timeless Scalloped .68 = very smooth shaver, but I found it a tad mild.

Timeless Scalloped .95 = smooth and effective shaver, but I find it leaves me with too much irritation to get as close of a shave compared to the Blackbird Polished.

Blackbird Polished SB = shaves not as smooth and a bit harsh if you don't keep the proper angle, but it is extremely effective and leaves me with very minimal irritation. Great shaver!

* edit:  I should add that I tried the Blackbird Black Oxide SB (after having been using the Polished version for over three weeks) and I could not get on with it, at all, for some reason. I found it quite harsh and the shaves were not smooth, in the slightest. Compared to the Polished version, which glides very smoothly across my face, the coating of the Black Oxide version seemed like it was hindering the head from moving freely which resulted in a very uncomfortable shave. It was quite surprising as I am accustomed to this type of coating as I have been using my Weber DLCs for over six years, now. Nonetheless, I just could not get on the the Black Oxide version of the Blackbird.
Not to worry, as I am greatly enjoying the Polished version. Shy

83 21,109
 02-03-2017, 07:03 AM
  • ddk13
  • USA
User Info
If you like milder I'd say go with the Blackbird instead of the Timeless .68.  I find the Blackbird to be a good shaver, mild, but it gets the job done well with no irritation.  If you like something a little more aggressive then I'd go for the Timeless .95.  Also a good shaver, very efficient, but if you're not careful and do a lot of buffing you may get weepers and a little irritation.

49 637
 02-03-2017, 07:36 AM
User Info
Sold my .68 timeless, it was a well built razor but I got to much irritation with it. My Polished blackbird is my only razor at the moment and I can't see any situation where it will leave my den.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

115 1,011
 02-03-2017, 12:51 PM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
I find the Blackbird to be very tactile with lots of feedback. It feels aggressive (lots of "blade feel"), but the shave is quite smooth.

The Timeless .68 is almost the opposite for me. It requires a shallow angle, so I don't feel the blade much, although the shave is nice and smooth.

I prefer the Blackbird.

(Edit: These are both SB versions)

60 849
 02-03-2017, 01:00 PM
User Info
I've never tried the Timeless. 

I had a Blackbird.  It had a lot of blade feel, at least to my face it seemed like it did.  I'm not a fan of that much blade feel in general.  

Having said that, it shaved very well and I don't recall getting irritation from it.  I sold it because I didn't like the blade feel.  Perhaps if I had held onto it longer I would have become accustomed to it.  it felt like it would irritate the skin but it seems that it didn't.  I think a lot of people have had the same experience that I did, but hung onto it because it provides smooth, irritation-free shaves.

2 1,548
 02-03-2017, 01:32 PM
User Info
I am really intrigued by the replies above but not sure how many of the gentlemen are referring to the open comb versions of the Timeless and/or Blackbird.

81 1,368
 02-03-2017, 01:41 PM
User Info
I have the Timeless .68 and .95 SB, as well as the BB in black oxide.  The BB easily outperforms either Timeless with a perfect, close, irritation free shave every time.  The BB is easier to maneuver and provides excellent audible feedback.  Both Timeless' feel a bit unwieldy.  Actually, the BB out shaves everything in my den.

6 199
 02-03-2017, 01:43 PM
User Info
Many of these responses really surprised me as I own both razors and I'm surprised how many people really love the Blackbird more than the Timeless that's why they say YMMV

19 605
 02-03-2017, 03:16 PM
User Info
If your feeling a lot of blade feel on a BB you got the wrong angle, I didn't like the BB at first because of the "blade feel" but once I got the angled right there's not a lot of blade feel or aggressive, that blade feel is the safety bar.

2 465
 02-03-2017, 05:54 PM
User Info
Alrighty , now I can add my 2 cents when it comes to the BB vs the Timeless . I just finished using the BB and just like the Timeless right out of the box I was able to get a great irritation free shave . No nicks , cuts or weepers . The BB acted very very similar to the Timeless . Super efficient but not aggressive feeling at all . I did not feel the blade like most people that own this razor say . I still have to rate in my opinion the Timeless just a tick higher . Reason being is that I have the black oxide version and I get a good bit of drag from that finish. The razor just doesn't glide like the polished or matte finish Timeless does . Other then that I would have to say that neither razor will be leaving my den and I highly recommend both . I don't think you could go wrong with either one .

20 294
 02-03-2017, 08:20 PM
User Info
I can't wait till the BB are back in stock. I have the Timeless in .68 and .95 and will be adding a matte finish BB soon I hope.

9 169
 02-03-2017, 08:23 PM
User Info
(02-03-2017, 05:54 PM)DEdestroyer Wrote: Alrighty , now I can add my 2 cents when it comes to the BB vs the Timeless . I just finished using the BB and just like the Timeless right out of the box I was able to get a great irritation free shave . No nicks , cuts or weepers . The BB acted very very similar to the Timeless . Super efficient but not aggressive feeling at all . I did not feel the blade like most people that own this razor say . I still have to rate in my opinion the Timeless just a tick higher . Reason being is that I have the black oxide version and I get a good bit of drag from that finish. The razor just doesn't glide like the polished or matte finish Timeless does . Other then that I would have to say that neither razor will be leaving my den and I highly recommend both . I don't think you could go wrong with either one .
I agree with everything you just shared I just picked up my black oxide and I can't believe the drag that it has and that more people don't say something about it and the Timeless Glides like ice but to each their own

19 605
 02-03-2017, 09:12 PM
User Info
(02-03-2017, 08:23 PM)rawfox1 Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 05:54 PM)DEdestroyer Wrote: Alrighty , now I can add my 2 cents when it comes to the BB vs the Timeless . I just finished using the BB and just like the Timeless right out of the box I was able to get a great irritation free shave . No nicks , cuts or weepers . The BB acted very very similar to the Timeless . Super efficient but not aggressive feeling at all . I did not feel the blade like most people that own this razor say . I still have to rate in my opinion the Timeless just a tick higher . Reason being is that I have the black oxide version and I get a good bit of drag from that finish. The razor just doesn't glide like the polished or matte finish Timeless does . Other then that I would have to say that neither razor will be leaving my den and I highly recommend both . I don't think you could go wrong with either one .
I agree with everything you just shared I just picked up my black oxide and I can't believe the drag that it has and that more people don't say something about it and the Timeless Glides like ice but to each their own

I've brought up the drag, I also hated the BB and was going to return it after my first shave but when I got the angle right it wasn't that noticeable, I find it one of the best shavers. The only downside to the BB is you have to spend time finding the right angle and when you do it's the easiest BBS shaver that doesn't cause irritation, I don't even try to get BBS but the BB just gives it to me. Although I'm really liking the .54 Wolfman, it isn't as efficient as the BB but still gives me BBS with zero irritation, I can't cut myself with it and it's easy to use as it's not picky on angle.

2 465
 02-03-2017, 10:08 PM
User Info
Question, is the drag on the BB just on the black oxide finish? Or the other fishes as well?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

3 335