02-03-2017, 02:09 PM
  • doc47
  • Northern Arizona
User Info
My new Cinder Precision Grill arrived in time for the weekend. It is going to be fun to play with; I am hoping the hype is accurate.

[Image: GWyQpZP.jpg]

11 659
 02-24-2017, 06:12 PM
User Info
where did you get that?

37 116
 02-25-2017, 06:22 AM
User Info
The problem with wall cord items like that, even miracle space heaters, is that the wattage is limited by the current available through the wall outlet. It's assumed by all manufacturers to be 15 amps. If I remember my basic electronics that's 1500 watts thereabouts. So to get a great sear the cooking surfaces need to be tiny, or (speculating now) insulated to the max to force the heat into the cooking surfaces. It also means that one needs to know what a great sear is. I can't tell you how many times I've watched folks cook and when they "brown" meat they turn it to the grey of dead boiled flesh and never actually brown it. Unless it's a TV show I just bite my tongue. Browning develops flavor through the Maillard reaction, so a good sear is important. I've even been known to goose it through chemicals available in most any kitchen.

I'm very interested in reading a review of it once you've had time to learn it and wring it out. I'm not interested in buying one*, but I am interested in knowing how it works out.

*even if I wanted one we have no place for it. Counter space isn't available and under the counter isn't either.

32 6,445