08-13-2012, 01:19 PM
User Info
Well it finally happened! My Classic 1 in Manchurian arrived today! A nice way to wake up in the morning to have a new brush arrive!

I was floored when I opened the box and removed the brush from all it's tissue. Mark couldn't have picked a better brush out I feel! It's just beautifully stunning all around. Deep dark black lettering, perfectly centered sticker, one of the best formed knots that I've seen, and just looking at the brush in it's total package is just right! Handle to loft of hair size, good density, just excellent all around! Mark also included a most welcome surprise of a tub of the Simpson shaving cream which just added to the awesomeness of it, and enjoyed using it for today's shave with my new brush!

To make it very short and simple, I agree with a post that benvh made about the Manchurian grade and what it's like. It's really like it just has the best of everything you could want in all the various grades. Soft, but not too soft, scrubby, but not too scrubby, backbone, but no too much, the lather released pretty well for my first use, but I expect it to open up much more after some use.

I definitely need to give this more use and see how I feel as I use it more, but my initial impression is that this isn't just hype. This is a special type of hair and well deserving of a different grade. It's surprising just how much it looks like a 2-band as I put it next to my Chubby 2 in 2-band but it's certainly marches to the beat of it's own drummer! I'm going to make an effort to use it everyday and shave every day and get it some more use. To be honest it's already gotten me contemplating a different Manchurian which I think would be just perfect for me. Wink

First 2 pics left and right are pre-bloom, and the 3rd and 4th are after. Not a great change in the bloom from the picture, but it did open up nicely. 5th and 6th are the Classic 1 with some smaller brethren pre-use for the Classic 1, and I felt like I should also add a picture of it next to my Chubby 2 since it's commonly referred to as the Chubby 0 now. Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

10 461
 08-13-2012, 01:38 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Very very nice!

88 4,233
 08-13-2012, 01:53 PM
User Info
Looks great. You have a very nice (and growing) family of Simpsons there. Enjoy them in good health.

31 7,914
 08-13-2012, 02:34 PM
User Info
Very nice, use them in good health!

0 86
 08-13-2012, 02:41 PM
User Info
(08-13-2012, 01:53 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: Looks great. You have a very nice (and growing) family of Simpsons there. Enjoy them in good health.

13 at last count Smile I'll always remember my Astor and would count it in at 14, but I'd really like a standard handle.

10 461
 08-13-2012, 03:06 PM
  • GMofmiami
  • Miami, Fl & Central America
User Info
Congrats on your new arrival!!! I know how you feel as I received my Classic 1 Manchurian last week. Absolutely love this brush...Enjoy in good health!

45 708
 08-13-2012, 04:12 PM
User Info
Today: Simpson Luxury Shaving Cream
Tomorrow: MWF, and it's nice and hard and dried out. Should be fun!

Biggrin

10 461
 08-13-2012, 06:04 PM
User Info
(08-13-2012, 01:19 PM)kooshman7 Wrote: Well it finally happened! My Classic 1 in Manchurian arrived today!......

...... To be honest it's already gotten me contemplating a different Manchurian which I think would be just perfect for me. Wink.......

I'm glad to see your Manchurian Classic 1 has arrived and that your enjoying it so much that your already contemplating getting another Manchurian.

Have I told you yet about my Manchurian/potato chip theory and how one just isn't enough??? Biggrin

0 73
 08-13-2012, 06:16 PM
User Info
It's tempting, sorely tempting, but I'll hold for now. It really would've worked out better for what I typically go for, but this is a little stunner as well! Hopefully someone will just buy it soon.

And while I've never heard of the Manchurian/potato chip theory I do believe in the any brush in any hair/potato chip theory! Any brush just about will do! Wink

10 461
 08-13-2012, 08:13 PM
User Info
Joe, that is a mighty fine looking brush! Enjoy.

75 20,883
 08-14-2012, 09:28 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Congratulations Joe! I've finally been pushed over the edge and ordered one for myself. (Time to sell the "Major" I think!)

91 17,854
 08-14-2012, 09:37 PM
User Info
(08-14-2012, 09:28 AM)ben74 Wrote: Congratulations Joe! I've finally been pushed over the edge and ordered one for myself. (Time to sell the "Major" I think!)

Congratulations Ben and thanks for helping me to prove my Manchurian/potato chip theory. Winky

0 73
 08-14-2012, 10:10 PM
User Info
(08-14-2012, 09:37 PM)Intrigued Wrote:
(08-14-2012, 09:28 AM)ben74 Wrote: Congratulations Joe! I've finally been pushed over the edge and ordered one for myself. (Time to sell the "Major" I think!)

Congratulations Ben and thanks for helping me to prove my Manchurian/potato chip theory. Winky

I think Ben's on his second bag. Winky

9 2,988
 08-14-2012, 10:33 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
IMHO,the Classic 1 and 2 handles are the most beautiful handles offered by Simpson.With that hair looks stunning (and with best badger and super badger two band).I wonder if there is a super badger 3 band Classic 1 or 2 out there...
Anyway,thanks for sharing the brush with us,its simply stunning.

86 7,123
 08-15-2012, 08:22 PM
User Info
2nd time using the brush, with MWF this time around. No problems loading with the brush. The most surprising aspect so far is how it's already opening up so well. I have brushes that I've used for longer periods of times that could still stand for some further use to really get the brush to open up and release the lather. Very soft this time around too. Almost a bit too soft for this go around. Dries quickly, and the handle felt better this time around in use.

10 461