02-09-2017, 09:42 AM
User Info
Good day all,

I hope this finds everyone healthy and happy.  

It has been brought to the attention of the Admin/Mod team that a number of (more than usual) Wolfman razors, stands, handles and heads have been listed on Ebay for obscene prices.  TSN is not trying to police Ebay however this is a general BST update.  Any member through ignorance or intent who buys or acquires through trade an item on the BST at TSN and in turn sells on Ebay for these high prices will be IMMEDIATELY BANNED.  No debating it, a simple and swift bye bye.  This is not just segregated to Wolfman but any item. This update was not meant to target or single anyone out just a heads up of our policy here at TSN.

20 1,375
 02-09-2017, 09:59 AM
User Info
Totally agree with this policy.  Thanks for the update.

0 177
 02-10-2017, 07:18 PM
  • nunhgrader
  • Prairie Village, KS USA
User Info
I have seen some shocking Wolfman prices - worse was over a $1k. Crazy part was that it was purchased! I will never sell my Wolfman or BBS-1 unless family or sickness needs it and at a fair market price. I would rather trade anyway!

28 666
 02-10-2017, 09:57 PM
User Info
Wow, I had no idea Wolfmans were selling for that much.  Crazy.

11 972
 02-10-2017, 11:03 PM
User Info
holy cow.  that is just obscene.  thanks for the heads up.

41 123
 02-11-2017, 01:13 AM
User Info
Totally agree. Thank you for upholding this rule.

11 1,169
 02-11-2017, 05:45 AM
User Info
I have aquired some items thru forum boards and have sold said items later as they did not work out for me but never listed for more than what I paid, just not right to mark items up by X number of dollars as I don't consider that the Gentlemen thing to do.

6 1,399
 02-11-2017, 05:51 AM
User Info
Good policy

0 14
 02-11-2017, 06:08 AM
User Info
(02-09-2017, 09:42 AM)Nevada Red Wrote: Good day all,

It has been brought to the attention of the Admin/Mod team that a number of (more than usual) Wolfman razors, stands, handles and heads have been listed on Ebay for obscene prices.  TSN is not trying to police Ebay however this is a general BST update.  Any member through ignorance or intent who buys or acquires through trade an item on the BST at TSN and in turn sells on Ebay for these high prices will be IMMEDIATELY BANNED.  No debating it, a simple and swift bye bye.  This is not just segregated to Wolfman but any item. This update was not meant to target or single anyone out just a heads up of our policy here at TSN.

I agree 100 %.

but if an auction on Ebay starts at 1 $ and climbs very high to a top then what should we do ?

strict rules will be mandatory in order to regulate sales on Ebay from all countries and also on all other sales sites, not just Ebay.

5 119
 02-11-2017, 06:48 AM
  • ddk13
  • USA
User Info
(02-11-2017, 06:08 AM)nobebi Wrote:

I agree 100 %.

but if an auction on Ebay starts at 1 $ and climbs very high to a top then what should we do ?

strict rules will be mandatory in order to regulate sales on Ebay from all countries and also on all other sales sites, not just Ebay.

If you list the high end products here (Wolfman etc) I'm pretty sure they would sell.  There's no way to control an auction price on ebay other than making it "buy it now".  And if you're going to do a buy it now, why not just give a gentleman here the chance to buy it.

49 637
 02-11-2017, 06:52 AM
User Info

I agree 100 %.

If you bought the item here from the shavenook then you cannot sell it on eBay for a profit, simple as that.

If you bought the high end item from the manufacturer then you are entitled to do as you please.

A very good, simple rule

28 777
 02-11-2017, 06:58 AM
User Info
(02-11-2017, 06:52 AM)Safelysimpson Wrote:

I agree 100 %.

If you bought the item here from the shavenook then you cannot sell it on eBay for a profit, simple as that.

If you bought the high end item from the manufacturer then you are entitled to do as you please.

A very good, simple rule

Absolutely agree. I would infer from this latest rule that any item bought on the BST should only be listed on eBay as a "Buy it Now" sale and not as an auction, to avoid potential high bids occurring.

32 5,292
 02-11-2017, 07:25 AM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
ABSOLUTELY AGREE!

113 1,536
 02-11-2017, 07:29 AM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
(02-11-2017, 06:58 AM)Optometrist Wrote: Absolutely agree. I would infer from this latest rule that any item bought on the BST should only be listed on eBay as a "Buy it Now" sale and not as an auction, to avoid potential high bids occurring.

The would be the gentlemanly thing to do...but honestly, its not even worth it at that point as I'm sure you will be paying eBay some sort of fee.  

We are fortunate to have a BST where we can sell items for free, and in MOST cases be reasonably certain they are going to a good home.  It is truly unfortunate that this type of profiteering and abuse is happening, but I imagine as TSN continues to grow, this will become more common and even stricter rules will have to developed and enforced.  

Shaving items on eBay have really gotten ridiculous in the past few years.  Occasionally you can find a hidden vintage gem for a good price, but otherwise I will reiterate how lucky we are to have our BST forum where gentlemen can exchange excellent shaving items while still keeping things reasonable.

34 1,627
 02-11-2017, 07:36 AM
User Info
Excellent stand taken here.

63 1,596
 02-11-2017, 08:54 AM
User Info
Nothing to add, except my appreciation of this forum, and rules like this. I was fortunate enough to have just scored a wolfman direct from James earlier this week. It's in the mail now, but I can't imagine ever putting it up on eBay!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

3 335
 02-11-2017, 04:32 PM
User Info
Totally agree. Thanks to the mods for this policy: It just seems to me that the attitude of the BST here is one of collegiality and wanting to have our special gear go to someone who will appreciate it. Taking advantage of that to flip an item acquired here (given the rules of the BST) to turn a quick profit on eBay is just not cricket.

24 661
 02-11-2017, 05:17 PM
User Info
(02-11-2017, 04:32 PM)Michael P Wrote: Totally agree. Thanks to the mods for this policy: It just seems to me that the attitude of the BST here is one of collegiality and wanting to have our special gear go to someone who will appreciate it. Taking advantage of that to flip an item acquired here (given the rules of the BST) to turn a quick profit on eBay is just not cricket.

+1

19 1,776
 02-11-2017, 06:37 PM
User Info
How will you enforce this rule?  How do you match a sold item on TSN to that same item on eBay?  While a well intentioned rule in theory, seems problematic in practice.

6 199
 02-11-2017, 07:20 PM
User Info
(02-11-2017, 06:37 PM)Never2Close Wrote: How will you enforce this rule?  How do you match a sold item on TSN to that same item on eBay?  While a well intentioned rule in theory, seems problematic in practice.

Wondered the same thing myself.  How can you guys be sure that the items sold on eBay are the same as those purchased from the Shave Nook BST?  People around here seem to have multiples of everything.  Not saying that the idea doesn't have merit, because I despise high price flipping just as much as the next guy, but I just can't imagine trying to practically and fairly enforce this rule.

75 2,316