02-12-2017, 11:56 AM
User Info
Most flippers seems to be in it for the money, not for the hobby...

3 5,612
 02-12-2017, 12:46 PM
User Info
Is the definition flippers immediate resell? I got in a trade a wolfman OC head, tried it did not like it. Was about 2 weeks,Posted for a trade for SB. Had no takers so I sold it on eBay for $500 and bought a SB for $450 on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 411
 02-12-2017, 01:17 PM
User Info
Sometimes I wish I bought used gear, at other times I'm quite glad, that I don't  Wink

I do sell used gear, but I have never sold for more, than what I paid for the gear, except one rare time, where Nathan/Markur Man bought my XXL vintage Finest M&F, but I never placed that up for sale on the BST, he gave me an offer via PM (and I never mentioned once, that it was for sale, which it wasn't, but he gave me an offer I could not refuse in the end  Tongue )

25 6,279
 02-12-2017, 01:19 PM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
TSN is a small community of gentlemen (and a few ladies!). With very rare exceptions, this rule has been followed in an unspoken, yet implied manner.

There is no way we can control ebay or anything outside of TSN.  That being said, we have some pretty savvy members here, and even more savvy moderators, so I have complete faith that "rascals" will be identified within this community and appropriately reprimanded.

I agree 100% with Red and the other moderators, and have complete faith in my TSN community that this will continue to be a respite for gentlemen (and ladies) in all things, much more than just shaving.

172 1,540
 02-12-2017, 03:58 PM
User Info
It seems people are somehow misunderstanding the basics; if you intentionally buy/trade here (@ retail because the forum rules) with the sole purpose of flipping that item for profit elsewhere. You will be banned. 

If you buy elsewhere and flip for profit, obviously this forum has no grounds for banning you as you did not use this generous market to procure the item in the first place. Using other forum b/s/t to make a profit, TSN should not use that as a basis for banning any member from this forum, as they have not broken any TSN rule. It's up to that forum to dictate that individuals behavior; but note as this community is smaller than you think, that flipper may not have a warm reception....people talk. 

I suppose the one example of buying an annual TSN exclusive (brush, knife etc) item for profit falls within this rule also. I'm certain if you use this forum as a means for profit regardless of the item procured, you will be banned. 

People keep throwing out examples and making it more difficult than it should be. Buy here, sell at retail. Period. End of discussion. If found to have intentionally flipped for profit = ban. Done.

0 28
 02-12-2017, 11:01 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
Why wouldn't someone just get on the wait list and buy one directly? I don't understand why anyone would ever pay so much...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

84 1,647
 02-13-2017, 04:43 AM
User Info
(02-12-2017, 11:01 PM)Crag Wrote: Why wouldn't someone just get on the wait list and buy one directly? I don't understand why anyone would ever pay so much...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Don't want to get too far off track, but waitlist for BBS-1 is closed, as is wolfman, at least for now. So people get desperate, don't want to wait over a year +, etc. Hence large demand, small supply.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

3 336
 02-13-2017, 05:52 AM
User Info
I feel compelled to add a view here. I don't necessarily disagree with the rule - but feel that a rule should be enforceable - otherwise it is pointless. I think the rule here is completely unforceable and i do feel that banning someone who may be a strong part of this community for basically playing the markets is un fair.

I agree if you are buying on BST and then selling for a profit - having had no intention too use or desire to want that item other than to profit, then you are not doing this as a hobby, but more a business. I think the grey area is where someone manages to buy something unobtanium on BST - uses its - after some time decides to have a clear out - in that time the market for the unobtainable item has rocketed. Thats not the buyers fault - that just basic supply and demand - i really do not see why he/she should not take advantage of the market ? For many this profit funds the hobby.

We need to remember that it is many people in this community who create the demand and therefore increase prices to a silly level on on these auctions. Many people who are not in this hobby would not know what a Wolfman or unobtainable item is - so therefore these items are being purchased by people in the know and being done so with the knowledge that they doing so at a inflated price. People have choice - we should not be controlling those choices where they are done in a fair manner. 

I personally have bought things on BST at a fair price - i have in return sold other items at a fair price - this is the way BST should work - all items have been to fulfil my hobby - there have been occasions where i have made a profit from items outside of BST - this profit has funded the hobby and nothing else. So really do think that this really needs to be thought through before being a blanket enforcement. Are we next going to state rules that you cannot buy from anywhere else other than direct or the BST? if you want to be part of this community.  That would certainly control the demand and prices!!

As i said totally agree with the rule where  "flipping" is concerned, but i would like to think that majority in this community are fair and are here because this is a hobby and not a business. I do feel some things should be left alone - as i said it is people in this community who push up the prices outside of this community - so it is important to control the left hand as well as the right!! 

Just my two cents worth.

2 68
 02-13-2017, 06:11 AM
User Info
(02-13-2017, 05:52 AM)Nrahuf Wrote: I feel compelled to add a view here. I don't necessarily disagree with the rule - but feel that a rule should be enforceable - otherwise it is pointless. I think the rule here is completely unforceable and i do feel that banning someone who may be a strong part of this community for basically playing the markets is un fair.

I agree if you are buying on BST and then selling for a profit - having had no intention too use or desire to want that item other than to profit, then you are not doing this as a hobby, but more a business. I think the grey area is where someone manages to buy something unobtanium on BST - uses its - after some time decides to have a clear out - in that time the market for the unobtainable item has rocketed. Thats not the buyers fault - that just basic supply and demand - i really do not see why he/she should not take advantage of the market ? For many this profit funds the hobby.

We need to remember that it is many people in this community who create the demand and therefore increase prices to a silly level on on these auctions. Many people who are not in this hobby would not know what a Wolfman or unobtainable item is - so therefore these items are being purchased by people in the know and being done so with the knowledge that they doing so at a inflated price. People have choice - we should not be controlling those choices where they are done in a fair manner. 

I personally have bought things on BST at a fair price - i have in return sold other items at a fair price - this is the way BST should work - all items have been to fulfil my hobby - there have been occasions where i have made a profit from items outside of BST - this profit has funded the hobby and nothing else. So really do think that this really needs to be thought through before being a blanket enforcement. Are we next going to state rules that you cannot buy from anywhere else other than direct or the BST? if you want to be part of this community.  That would certainly control the demand and prices!!

As i said totally agree with the rule where  "flipping" is concerned, but i would like to think that majority in this community are fair and are here because this is a hobby and not a business. I do feel some things should be left alone - as i said it is people in this community who push up the prices outside of this community - so it is important to control the left hand as well as the right!! 

Just my two cents worth.

Your objection is noted. We have had no problem enforcing rules with regard to flippers in the past.

Using profits derived from sales of items acquired on the BST to "fund the hobby" is not a viable excuse to take advantage of fair prices for personal gain.

171 1,079
 02-13-2017, 07:07 AM
User Info
Please dont take this the wrong way - my view was not an objection but - more a view - which i believe i am entitled to. At the end of the day the forum, will do what they feel is right by them. !!!

I just have a different opinion regards free markets - again at the end of the day we create the demand - so see no reason why someone should not profit from it - no one is forcing anyone to buy at the inflated prices.

2 68
 02-13-2017, 09:55 AM
User Info
You're right, no one is forcing anyone to pay higher prices, however people will not be buying nor selling at higher prices here at TSN. If they want to make a profit they will do so using other forums or sites ie. eBay, and if there's an issue with that then people are free to leave. 

Lastly, your point about the free market, this isn't that. It's a community that helps one another enjoy a hobby, which can at times offer the opportunity to get your hands on difficult to obtain items without being gouged. There are plenty of other means of making a profit, this is simply not one of them.

0 28
 02-13-2017, 11:02 AM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
This Thread is Closed.

65 5,149